[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 141 KB, 1000x872, 1707855135441863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58058700 No.58058700 [Reply] [Original]

what do you guys think. is it really this easy to out jew the car salesman? i came across this advice while researching buying cars with cash instead of financing
>Here is a little secret in about car dealerships. The highest paid person in the sales department is usually in the finance department. They don't want you to pay cash. Cash customers can't buy gap insurance, cash customers buy service contracts and maintenance contracts at a much lower rate. Cash customer are less likely to pay for paint and fabric protection. If you want a better discount don't tell them you are paying cash tell them you are financing tell them you want a service contract and gap insurance. Watch everyone get excited! Then call the office manger in 5 to 10 business days and pay off the loan and flat cancel the gap, service contract, and maintenance. That will get you a discount.

>> No.58059358

>>58058700
thanks for the jewish tricks anon, what about if i just want to buy a car online with $50k in cash? do i have to go outside and flirt with men at a dealership who strut around and slap car ass

>> No.58059761

>>58059358
I bought a car through car gurus. it was delivered in a covered trailer a few days later. I only had to sign for it. no other human interaction required. 10/10 car buying experience. I'll never talk to a car salesman again.

>> No.58059807

>>58059761
thanks anon!

>> No.58060032

>>58058700
That feels off. Car loans are serviced by banks, not dealerships. You'd pay off your loan with whatever bank funded it.
Just deal with the dealership sleazebags as little as possible.
Price shop online, and get your quote online.
If you need a loan, get it preapproved from your local credit union.
Walk in the dealership to take possession.
Refuse all add-ons. If the bastards refuse to honor the quote, walk.
Or just don't give your business to rent seeking car dealerships altogether. That is an honorable path too.

>> No.58060074
File: 97 KB, 1024x923, 1657985791573.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58058700
I went to a Hertz Car Sales place before the pandemic, mainly because I needed a car quick and at the time it seemed you could get a good deal on a former rental car. When I showed up to test drive the one that caught my eye online, I joked with the guy (I was young) like "okay it all looks good, now where's the part where you screw me over?" - He'd been nice and personable and seemed decent, I was just poking at the stereotype.

He said "Me? I would never. All I want to do is put you in the right car for you, so you can drive away happy. That big old red-faced guy in the office behind my desk? That's the one you gotta watch out for". And sure enough. That was the financing guy.

I had gotten a check for my old car from my insurance company, so I was flush with cash to lay down and drive off the lot. He told me "Well sure, you've got the money. And you've never missed a payment on anything. But you're young, you have a Thin Credit File. Best thing you can do to build up some credit would be, even if you have the money, to take out the financing, you keep making the payments for about six or seven months or so, and pay it off then. You can even add a little extra each month if you want. It'll help you in the long run". So, I did.

I saw that first payment hit my account, noticed that after spending [let's say $250] my balance went from [let's say $10,000] to [let's say $9,975]. I didn't know about Debt Amortization. All I knew was that I paid a whole bunch of money and it didn't budge my debt one fucking bit. I immediately made a payment for the entire balance and cleared it out, within the hour.

I had gotten a call a few weeks later from some Jon Olson or something and I hardly remember what spiel he tried to give me, I couldn't hear a word of it after I recognized the name. And said I don't know what all you're trying to pull but I'm not trying to hear it. Lose my number, cocksucker.

>> No.58060312

>>58060074
I don't think it's just me, but my car loans, always paid in time, have never improved my credit score. I've come to suspect they can only tank your score if you fuck up, never improve it, same as utility or medical bills.
If you want to boost your credit, get more credit cards (that you always pay in full every statement), or ask for higher limits on existing cards.

>> No.58060612

>>58060312
You're right. The cocksucker was lying through his teeth. You have the exact right idea, he just does this horseshit for a living so clearly got the script on how to sell this stuff in a way that even my mom, who drove me to the dealership, could nod along like "Oh yes that sure sounds responsible".