[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1 KB, 125x125, NPC ying & yang.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58050741 No.58050741[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Definition: SocialFi are decentralized social medias hosted either on the blockchain, IPFS or other peer 2 peer technology.
Theory: In the age of technocratic authoritarianism SocialFi will experience increasing demand as the masses seek to discuss censored economic, political and social issues.
First there was BTC (decentralized store of value), then there was Eth (smart contracting or programmable money), then there was stinky linky (decentralized data or oracles).
The next trend could be SocialFi or cryptographically owned, peer 2 peer, public socials which gives the user ownership of their social media account.

What are the best SocialFi projects?
When I look at projects like "theta" or "decentralized social" or "farcaster" the issue I can identify is that they all have centralized DNS. This means its not infinitely scalable, affordable to run or resistant.
Very few project don't have centralized DNS.
One SocialFi project that doesn't have centralized https endpoints or ssl is plebbit. It's also purely p2p, opensource and free to use. Interesting project desu. The demo is slow but as it gets optimized and more seed it will get faster.
What other better projects are better? Or will plebbit have first movers advantage for no https or no ssl social media?

>> No.58050788

>>58050741
huh??

>> No.58050815

>>58050788
dubs of retardation.
what part of what I wrote doesn't make sense?
i am inquiring whether in the age of technocratic authoritarianism and mass censorship, whether the next crypto paradigym shift will be decentralized social medias which give 'ownership' of a public social community just as btc gives one ownership of their wallet.
why is the iq of /biz/ so low? can u not read and comprehend?

>> No.58050954

>>58050815
WHAAATT!?

>> No.58051031
File: 653 KB, 2000x1125, 1706967515928592.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>58050815
what u say me make money ?