[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 69 KB, 844x743, US-annual-layoffs-and-discharges.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58032621 No.58032621 [Reply] [Original]

Like every year per 100 employees ?

I've currently working low pay goverment job that I need to switch but i'm so afraid of going back to private. Browsing all these companies data which shows that every month almost every day companies with 100+ workers loose or gain employee almost every day. I wonder how many of them quits for the better job and how many are simple fired for underperforming.

>> No.58032639

>>58032621
>I've currently working low pay goverment job that I need to switch but i'm so afraid of going back to private
Why not switch to a high-paying govt job instead then? It's pretty sweet.

>> No.58032652
File: 345 KB, 500x500, Dick Cheney.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Stops in 22

>> No.58032692

>>58032621
If the unemployment rate is 5% I would guess the proportion of people who get fired would be close to 5% per year.

>> No.58032752 [DELETED] 

Found the brit stats by bbc.

> Unemployment is rising. People fear for their jobs. But what is the chance of becoming unemployed? Go Figure doesn't do crystal balls, but we can look at the most recent odds.
> And here's the answer - about 1.5 in 100, on average.
> That is, about 1.5% of people in work become unemployed every three months - for example, sacked, redundant, contract ended. This reached about 2% at the peak of the recession.

So if it's 1.5% every 3 months it 6% chance every year right ? Usually people are let gp(Especially in lower tier) with management forcing them to sign that they leave themselves at least where i'm from so you ain't getting any redundancy benefits. So the stats might be than official figures suggets.

>> No.58032781

Found the brit stats by bbc.

> Unemployment is rising. People fear for their jobs. But what is the chance of becoming unemployed? Go Figure doesn't do crystal balls, but we can look at the most recent odds.
> And here's the answer - about 1.5 in 100, on average.
> That is, about 1.5% of people in work become unemployed every three months - for example, sacked, redundant, contract ended. This reached about 2% at the peak of the recession.
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-16049376

So if it's 1.5% every 3 months it 6% chance every year right ? Usually people are let gp(Especially in lower tier) with management forcing them to sign that they leave themselves at least where i'm from so you ain't getting any redundancy benefits. So the stats might be than official figures suggest.

>> No.58033532

>>58032621
Most people get fired for dumb shit like not showing up to work or sexually harassment. Layoffs are industry dependent.