[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 22 KB, 666x500, IMG_4971.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58018054 No.58018054 [Reply] [Original]

None of you will believe me, but I am a junior VP at a major company that partook in the recent ETF craze. This morning, inexplicably, we had a meeting discussing the liquidation of our new Bitcoin Fund. The CEO cited legal concerns of which he was informed by the SEC. I would say to monitor their site for updates, but I think it's still down (hint hint).
The bottom line is that the war with Russia is escalating and too many "potential operatives like Mr. Butin and Mr. Nazarov" [sic] are involved in the industry, which is about to see heavy regulations imposed in a Draconian fashion.

>> No.58018094

>>58018054
cool story bro

>> No.58018096

>What does this mean for crypto?
It means it will go underground for a while. A war is the perfect excuse to suppress retail cluttering up the space. My mentor told me we will most likely continue to buy under the table as major CEX's are shut down. The technology is useful, of course, which is why it must be kept out of the hands of commoners. Very soon (we'll see this in the 2024 election) truth will get VERY blurry and crisis will break out. The solution will come AFTER the war when we repackage certain technology under approved (i.e., non-Russian) names.
If you can find a way to bypass soon-to-be federal laws forbidding you to purchase crypto, you will be a VERY rich man.