[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 563 KB, 1027x801, 1557434264214.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
58013894 No.58013894 [Reply] [Original]

Would a 32 hour work week make waging tolerable enough to do until retirement? Would it lower your motivation to make it through gambling on shitcoins?

>> No.58013913

The issue isn't working at all it the format of how you have to work. I'll never work for someone else because they choose when, where and how you have to work along you whom you have to do it with.

>> No.58013916

>>58013894
if you had let us continue to innovate and produce higher surplus everybody would be living better, sustainably, not just because of borrowing from the world and debt, and people would probably soon have ended up working less than an hour every day.

Instead we're going to fuck up again and destroy whatever freedom and prosperity we have left.

>> No.58013955

>>58013894
>Would a 32 hour work week make waging tolerable enough to do until retirement?
No, because you'll work less, so you'll make less money therefore you'll bee poorer. You'll have more free time, though.

>> No.58013975

>>58013894
if that 32 hour work week means the same compensation as a 50 hour work week, the worker is guaranteed benefits and cost of living is capped then yes, it would make things more tolerable. it could possibly incentivize innovation and help create more volunteer work. would that happen? maybe, who knows. the problem is there's a lot of work to be done. whether the job is posted or not doesn't matter, there's still a shit-ton of work that needs to be done in every sector.

>> No.58014118

>>58013955
Historically wealthy people didn’t work at all and even low level wagies had most of the day off. Leisure time was the most valuable thing and despite lower life expectancy happiness was a general given for everyone except really slaves. Today we have been trained to think you aren’t valuable unless you’re working 24/7 and for some reason nobody, even the richest, are happy. 32 hrs would be better than 40. Most people I know work minimally 50.

Yes, I would find waging easier at 32 hrs, though this anon also does have a point >>58013913

I’ve had it with waging largely for this reason, but I do believe if I was doing less of it my tolerance for this shit would be higher. It makes sense, mathematically. If we only had to wage for 1 hr a day and put up with that bullshit, it would significantly reduce the want to deal with the large amount of bullshit that comes with being your own boss.