[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 124 KB, 684x365, pp12412.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57802038 No.57802038 [Reply] [Original]

Why would a limited supply pump the price to absurd levels?

Muh 21 million limit, so what? You still need people wanting to buy the same thing irrespective of total supply, at the asked price. People are buying because they predict the price to go higher, this is pure retard FOMO. As we saw with the Coinbase "hack", it wicked in a second big a big amount. Hands are so fucking weak yet we still have this retarded talk of store of value.

Even if there was 1 BTC left, so fucking what. The price is only higher because retards are willing to pay more for it. You cannot eat, live in, or drive a BTC, so the sell pressure for real things will always be there.

This retard ponzi will crash when the price is no longer attractive. Right now it's getting increasingly less attractive since you need 120k for a 2x, in exchange a lot of risks involved. And that is if you time the 120k top. The higher you need to go beyond that the more money you need to move the market.

This whole thing is driven by FOMO retards, that is all. At any second a lot of sellers can coincide with wanting to sell and it crashes. When they see big red dildos on the screen it will become not desirable again because you need tards that think it will go up to keep the price going up.

>> No.57802050

>>57802038
>Why would a limited supply pump the price to absurd levels?
>Muh 21 million limit, so what? You still need people wanting to buy the same thing irrespective of total supply, at the asked price. People are buying because they predict the price to go higher, this is pure retard FOMO. As we saw with the Coinbase "hack", it wicked in a second big a big amount. Hands are so fucking weak yet we still have this retarded talk of store of value.
>Even if there was 1 BTC left, so fucking what. The price is only higher because retards are willing to pay more for it. You cannot eat, live in, or drive a BTC, so the sell pressure for real things will always be there.
>This retard ponzi will crash when the price is no longer attractive. Right now it's getting increasingly less attractive since you need 120k for a 2x, in exchange a lot of risks involved. And that is if you time the 120k top. The higher you need to go beyond that the more money you need to move the market.
>This whole thing is driven by FOMO retards, that is all. At any second a lot of sellers can coincide with wanting to sell and it crashes. When they see big red dildos on the screen it will become not desirable again because you need tards that think it will go up to keep the price going up.

You are poor and will remain poor the rest of your stupid useless life.

>> No.57802059

>reddit spacing
didnt read. s plus aged

>> No.57802065

>>57802050
>first angry bulltard that wants to be rich like me but by bagholding tardcoin
You are too late.

>> No.57802081

>>57802059
another retard zoomer wanting to get rich from shitcoins
Further answers will further prove my point. All driven by angry retard bulls hoping to escape wagecuckery.

>> No.57802091

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxi_medallion

>> No.57802141

>>57802038
You are a teenager. You don't understand the fundamentals of money, value, scarcity, the debasement of fiat, central banking, fractional reserve banking and money supply.
If you're bright enough you will start getting Bitcoin in 4-5 years. You will buy in at the next bear market when Bitcoin crashes down to 230k.
Explaining anything to you at this moment would be in vain.

>> No.57802189

>>57802141
Im older than anyone in this thread obviously. Always the same marketing pitch. Muh scarcity, muh debasement, muh FED.

Again retard, it all comes down to other market participant wanting to buy for X amount of price. Only reason people are buying is because they predict it will beat other investments. Once enough money is allocated that it stops growing at an attractive pace then holders will have to sell for less if they want to convert useless 0's and 1's in something you can eat, live in, drive and so on.

>> No.57802192

>>57802038
It’s true that the „limited“ supply of bitcoin is a meme and irrelevant. If people suddenly stopped wanting bitcoin the supply wouldn’t matter. But the supply and demand of all assets isn’t actually backed by some kind of „hard“ value. Stocks are the same. Even the value of something that everyone uses, like a phone,is basically 90% down to marketing and hype.

>> No.57802219

>>57802141
Ok
But
ATL 2026 is 64-69k not 230k

>> No.57802239

>>57802192
Stocks bring in an income because they have a successful product or service. If no one gave a shit about apple tomorrow, it would crash, but that is unlikely, and meanwhile you get an income. Bitcoin does not generate an income, it just generates profits because others FOMO on news and then dump on news.

>> No.57802254

>>57802038
Whether you like it or not we will test new highs

>> No.57802278

>>57802189
No you're not.
And you can say the same thing about any other asset class. Can you consume NVDA shares? Can you drive a 401k? Can you live in S&P 500 mutual fund? What about gold and other precious metals? Are these not all just vehicles that money can flow into when the money supply is inflated, thus it protects the purchasing power of the investor?
You lack so much contextual knowledge about economics that it's just a waste of time explaining to you concepts like this.
You need to get educated on broader concepts for now. You'll get the concept of Bitcoin later on, it'll click. Then you'll buy in at 200k. You're not as smart as you think you are.

>> No.57802345

>>57802278
I never liked gold as an investment. The SP500 has companies in it that generate real things (products and services) that are desirable and generate me an income, which I can convert into fiat, which I can use to buy food, goods and services.

Bitcoin is going up only because the US government allowed ETFs to pump the price and make money from fees. Bitcoin would be worth peanuts if it wasn't accepted by big governments, it would be some fringe currency like it was back in the day.

So you need the fiat interfaces and governments to pump your asset. The moment they decide to ban it it will dump. There's also the small chance some bug is found in the software. Stocks don't have these risks. You need the fiat governments to get anywhere and to buy anything relevant. That is all.

>> No.57802347

>>57802038
>"GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST DAY IN CRYPTO AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY IT'S BAD"
you will never understand the technological marvel that is a Byzantine Fault Tolerant protocol without relying on trust
you will watch the world measuring and trading its financials through crypto, bewildered and confused as to "WHY" thinking shit like "FOMO" and "LE PONZI"

die fiatcel
you deserve it

>> No.57802359
File: 36 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57802345
Ok now I know we're at the beginning of a bullrun reading posts like this. It's like 2017 all over again

>> No.57802375

>>57802345
You don't get it and I won't explain it to you or market it to you. You would resist it anyway. If you're lucky to be born with a high enough IQ you will stumble upon the answer yourself and in retrospect it will seem obvious. Or not and you will watch from the sidelines. Not everyone makes it.

>> No.57802682

>>57802375
>>57802359
>>57802347
You need institutions (specifically, the US government) to approve of your Byzantine Fault Tolerant token, otherwise no one wants to buy it = it crashes in price. What would be the price be without approval of them? exactly.

>> No.57802694

>>57802038
You are a sad retarded fool

>> No.57802706

$61k isn't an absurd level.

>> No.57802718

>>57802038
People have been posting this exact same shit since 2013 at least.
You guys are just too low IQ to understand Bitcoin.

>> No.57802752
File: 36 KB, 482x427, 1709065037262127.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57802038
let me guess, you got liquidated shorting recently

>> No.57802755

The current price of bitcoin doesn't affect normie sentiment. They already know that you dont buy whole bitcoins. Its actually more likely that they'll jump in when the price is high, because a high price looks impressive and promising. If bitcoin was ultra low, they'd think it was ultra lame.

However you need more normies to get in when the price is high in order to reach a 2x, than when the price is low. That's my theory, at least. But there are a lot of people out there, its possible we can go to 100k or even 120k, but the whales are the ones that decide big movements. And who knows what they want.

>> No.57802801
File: 121 KB, 980x551, soalreflare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57802050
>>57802141
>>57802254
>>57802278
>>57802347
>>57802375
>"Oops, sorry, I farted and destroyed your Internet money that relies on 100% uptime of public Internet and a 24/7 working electrical grid."

>> No.57802910

>>57802038
>Why would a limited supply pump the price
It doesn't. It pumps because its holders have a lot of money and want it to pump. Satoshi's tokenomics are no different than what gets brainstormed by a gaggle of memecoin-making jeets in a private discord. that people worship the halving and limited supply as fundamental to bitcoin's value prop demonstrates how many midwits have been enriched simply by being in the right place at the right time

>> No.57802929

>>57802239
if no one gave a shit about gold it would crash too

except that everyone on the planet for the last few thousand years straight has acknowledged that having lots of it makes you rich... now everyone who isn't retarded thinks the same about BTC for exactly the same reasons

tldr buy Bitcoin and short gold

>> No.57803339

>>57802801
it literally does not depend on 100% uptime. as soon as the first computer gets turned on with a full blockchain, the bitcoin network continues. And if all tech is destroyed by the solar flare, then I guess your apple and nvidia stock would be worth just as much as bitcoin would be.