[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 100 KB, 277x195, chrome_HZX7RJdV3f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57772643 No.57772643 [Reply] [Original]

This might seem like a dumb question, but is it possible to attain some sort of income out of writing fanfiction?

Perhaps i can get some sort of following in places like deviantart or somewhere else. And maybe with enough perseverence the fanbase can exchange me with commissions on patreon?

>> No.57772927

Some, not much, and any at all depends on you being a pretty good writer. A few people make five figures a year doing it but they have well established fan bases.
>deviantart
lolno. Best bet are places like questionablequesting, fiction.live, maybe spacebattles though I'm not fond of some of their restrictive policies so wouldn't know much about that.
>furry pic
Pretty unpopular category.

>> No.57773314

>>57772927
>all depends on you being a pretty good writer
Yeah. i don't know really. I don't have much experience on this. But i'm pretty good at the english vocabulary

>Pretty unpopular category
Personally i would do any category as long as there is an outcome

>> No.57773445

>>57773314
if you want to write, why not just become a self-published author? it's very rare for people to get a good income out of that, but it's better to avoid getting sued.

>> No.57773482
File: 226 KB, 1024x1024, ojjrgAbPBH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57773445
lol are you really that dumb why the hell would you waste your time and effort writing a book that is going to get you nowhere instead of just getting a job working at mcdonalds what are you trying to be some kind of edgy artist get real and get a job loser