[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3 KB, 124x125, 1636998238553s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57653418 No.57653418 [Reply] [Original]

My boomer mom kicked me out at 18. I fell for the college meme and got a diploma in business while paying rent and went 50k in debt. I finally have a decent job but paying off my debt will take forever.

My mom just died today and left her entire inheritance to Unicef and Doctor's without Borders because she believes that "everyone should make it on his own in this society, that's how your granddad did it, how I did it, and how u gonna do it".

My mom has a platinum Visa with a 50k credit limit on it. I'm the executor of her will. I know if I just take that 50k and pay my debt with it, I'll be caught, but is there a chance I can do it in a way that's not as obvious and get away with it? I could use her Visa to buy gold, right? Like physically go to a store and buy it. Eventually the bank will figure out she's dead, although if I don't inform them that could take forever. Months. Years. I'm just a faggot zoomer and don't know anything, right? Her account will go to collections and they won't make contact with her. There's a good chance no one looks into it and it just dies, right?

However, even if the fraud dept looks at the file and sees suspicious activity, they'll see someone made purchases with her card after she died. Sure, they will suspect me, but they can't prove shit. They don't know if someone dumpster dived and got her card. It could be stolen. If they ask me I'll say I don't know anything about it and never saw her cards. The cops don't give a shit about stuff like this, do they? A measley 50k and they can't prove who did it, right?

>> No.57653435

>>57653418
Cops won't do shit unless there is a slam dunk case

>> No.57653479

Can’t you buy gift cards with it? And btw your mom is shit for leaving you nothing, the least she can do is let you defraud her creditors. You could also try buying shit on eBay/amazon and reselling it for cash. Or buy a lot of food and your necessary expenses then save your normal income in lieu. Lots of ways anon.

>> No.57653501

>>57653479

What do I do with 50k in gift cards? Sell them? I'm not sure what to do with gift cards. They expire, don't they? I was thinking gold would make sense because I could slowly sell it over time to pay down my debt without it looking too suspicious.

Yeah, my mom didn't get the memo that 2024 is not 1974. The world today is so different. She worked summers as a cashier in a grocery store and made enough money to get her degree - in history, and then ended up getting a 6 figure job in a bank... with a fucking history degree. Boomers lived life on tutorial mode.

>> No.57653533

>>57653479
>>57653501

Don't do eBay. You'll need to mail it to your address and they can build a case against you. Going and buying stuff in person is better. Sure, there might be cameras but security footage doesn't last very long and that's more work than the cops would do. But don't give the cops a slam dunk case by ordering stolen goods to your address.

>> No.57653563

>>57653418
Youll get busted for fraud since the purchases would be after your mom died. They would investigate for that much money being charged. You could probably get away for a couple grand but 50k is felony fraud and they would go after you since you are the executer of will

>> No.57653605
File: 2.87 MB, 320x240, 1528144485133.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57653418
with not use a 3rd person charging service and turn it all to idk eth, and going into some stable shit yet anon like $super instead going FIAT to avoid KYC?
You could stick with it for a while and slowly swap to cash and make your payments from time to time.

>> No.57653627

>>57653563
I didn't even want to be executor of the will. What if I just don't do anything? No one has seen the will except for my mom and me and a family friend. There's only one physical copy of it, on paper. What if I just decide not to do anything?

>> No.57653633

>>57653627

It's not surprising your mom left you nothing, you sound like a real shithead OP.

>> No.57653649

>>57653633

Sure. I spent 2 months taking care of her at home while she was dying, changing her diapers, emptying her catheter bag, and cooking for her and feeding her. You can say I sound like a "shithead" but I don't care.

If I could buy a house and start a family while working a full time managerial position, I would do that, because that's what people used to do. I'm a fucking manager and I only make 55k and I live in a high cost of living city so 55k gets me nothing. I want to own a home and start a family and it's impossible.

My mom could have left the 140k she had saved up to me and that would have allowed me to have a chance, but she didn't. But sure, call me a "shithead".

>> No.57653687

>>57653649
What about forging the death certificate? Just buy stuff for a few weeks and then tell them he died but change the date on the certificate.

>> No.57653689

>>57653418
>50k in debt. I finally have a decent job but paying off my debt will take forever.

inflation is your friend. in 20 years that 50k debt is like 20k debt today. just play time and pay as little back as you can.

>>57653627
>There's only one physical copy of it, on paper.
you are retard if you dont burn it

>> No.57653694

>>57653689
>you are retard if you dont burn it

Is it really that easy? Just get rid of the will? But will that change much?

>> No.57653698

>>57653694
yes

>> No.57653704

>>57653694
Without anything stating that your mom's boomer gains go to feed equatorial niggers, you're the default heir are you not

>> No.57653706

>>57653649

I'm sorry and I take part of it back. Taking care of your dying mom is very kind and noble. You clearly cared for her and it'd be nice if she repaid you for it, but just because you share blood doesn't make you entitled to her property. I mean that's not the way I'd do it, everything would go to my spouse and then to any kids, assuming they're responsible adults. But those were her wishes and you should respect them. Maybe her way of loving and caring for you, as misguided as you think it is, was by making you work for the things you will achieve in life as opposed to having them handed to you. The only thing that makes you a shitbag is the entitlement.

>> No.57653717

>>57653706
go back to r e d d i t faggot

>> No.57653719

>>57653418
If not a larp it’s fucking hilarious that your mom didn’t leave you anything but made you executor

>> No.57653724

>>57653719
Speaks a lot about boomer entitlement that she couldn't even be bothered doing the work when cucking him out of a future and expects him to do it himself

>> No.57653731

>>57653694
Yeah it’s that easy.

>>57653724
Yeah OP is a larping fag but at least it’s a funny one

>> No.57653764

>>57653704
the money has already been given, so the will is irrelevant for that.

>>57653706
What entitlement? I don't feel entitled to anything. I know this is theft and it's a crime, but the way I see it, our entire society is run by criminals and I wouldn't feel that it's morally wrong to take money from the bank. At all. I care about morals. I try to help people and I try to treat people well, but when it comes to our ridiculous economic system that is rigged and unfair, you're goddam right that I want a part of the pie, a tiny, tiny part.

>>57653719
She left me tons of sentimental junk and her junk car that's worth maybe 3 grand.

>> No.57653794

>>57653764
>already given

No, it hasn’t been. She died today. Wills take months to close retard. Do some googling before larp

>> No.57653803

>>57653418
Ugh. Boomers make my blood boil

>> No.57653804

>>57653694
Yes. Get rid of it ASAP and take what is rightfully yours

>> No.57653810

>>57653764
If she just died today then the money is definitely not gone. Get rid of that will ASAP

>> No.57653826

>>57653649
Your mom was a cunt. Good riddance honestly.

>> No.57653836

>>57653627
What's stopping you from flushing the will down the toilet?

>> No.57653849

>>57653706
You're a drooling retard

>> No.57653866

>>57653836
Hes moms soul will haunt him for the rest of his life

>> No.57653885

>>57653418
The credit card company will probably call you to confirm that you really want to make the purchase if you do that. Are you able to answer their questions? Do you know her social security number, and have access to her phone?

If yes to the above, then I don't actually think there's any chance of you getting caught. I think you can go for it. BUT you need to have a friend go in and buy the gold.

Find a friend who looks nothing like you to go in and do it, and give him like $1,000 as a cut for doing this for you.

>> No.57653895

>>57653764
>I know this is theft and it's a crime

As long as you own it, more power to you I suppose.

>>57653836

The family friend or anyone who had spoken with OP's mom and was aware of her wishes for her estate after her death could bring this before a probate court. Presumably the whole point of the family friend being aware of the will was to ensure that OP executes it as written. Also OP how are you sure other people beside you three are aware of the will? Seems like a dangerous game to me, but why go for it I guess.

>> No.57653902
File: 131 KB, 1600x900, black lagoon42423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57653418
If you're the executor and she had lots of money just flee the country. Bang that shit into crypto, fly to indonesia, become the man you were always meant to be.
Pic related.

>> No.57653906

>>57653706
Kill yourself nigger.

The dude took care of her instead of hiring minimum wage black immigrants to abuse her, and he got nothing for it. The mom's retarded bootstrap attitude is now costing OP precious time because of muh morals. If he gives that money to charity it's so over for him and he knows it. Boomer death raids are the future as the West crumbles due to their shenanigans, get used to it. No poor region on earth would let some retard's last wishes usurp the potential for their surviving kin to jump up in financial status.

>> No.57653909

>>57653418
Monero, because they can't trace once it's monero. Don't use an exchange that requires your details, or if you do use one that's unlikely to give them to the cops. Then obviously cash that monero out once you've moved it around a bit. Job done.

>> No.57653917
File: 1.90 MB, 500x400, black lagoon23423.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57653902
I mean more than the credit card btw, throw literally everything into crypto, commit the felony, fuck this zogbot country. Pay someone off for a visa once you get there. Indonesia turns out too compliant? Flee to Cambodia. There's some country out there with a nice little village just waiting for you.

>> No.57653918

>>57653764
This is theft from the credit card company, not your mother. Make no mistake about that. I see no reason not to do it. You just need to assume the cops will investigate. Trouble is I don't think any gold sellers will accept a 50k purchase without at least checking ID.

You might honestly be better off buying something traceable, like Bitcoin, and just hope that the credit card companies send it to collections and never sue you for fraud.

>> No.57653951

>>57653794
>>57653810

She has no money, her estate is nothing, the money was given over the last few years. I knew she was giving money to them, that wasn't a surprise. What surprised me today was that she has nothing left. She's got 4k in her bank account but her bills that are due add up to almost that much and her car doesn't even run, needs a new battery, and would probably take a lot of money to get running again, so she's essentially left me nothing.

>> No.57653964

>>57653885

yes I have all her details and her phone. The one thing I don't have is her PIN, so that makes buying in person difficult. I will try to reset it. If I just got the gold delivered then it could be easily traced to me.

>> No.57653968

>>57653951
It isn't worth it op. 50'000 isn't worth commiting fraud and fleeing the country for.

>> No.57653978

>>57653902
>>57653917

I haven't said this yet because it makes the whole thing more complicated but, since you brought it up -

my brother moved to Japan and married a nip girl and has babies with her (they actually look white) and has made a life for himself there. I'm fluent in Japanese (N1) and could make a life for myself there and was seriously considering going even before my mom was dying. If I do this, I might just fuck off to Japan.

>> No.57653986

>>57653909

Don't you need ID to open an account to buy/sell crypto? I know people can do it anonymously using TOR and shit, but I don't have anything like that set up.

>> No.57653999

>>57653968
what if I was already planning on leaving and never returning? But you're right, it is a big risk. If I'm in the situation where landing back home would get me arrested at the airport, that would be a huge cost. If things didn't work out for me in Japan I'd be fucked. What I'm hoping is that the bank/cops don't investigate. I know the bank will eventually freeze the account and all that, but I find that often the government just isn't nearly as organized as we think it is.

>> No.57654075

>>57653964
I think you should abandon trying to buy in person immediately. They will ask for ID for that purchase and if you don't have it they will call the police right there. I think you're better just buying online over a few days/a week and hoping the credit card company doesn't connect the dots that her death occurred before the purchase.

>> No.57654084

>>57653986
>>57653999
You have access to this woman's credit cards but not her ID? Only in person you obviously can't do that but online is different.

>> No.57654180

>>57654084

I thought most places make you take a video recording of your face along with the ID, but you're right, if all they need is a picture of the ID, I could use that. Still, I'd have to eventually move the money out of that account, by wiring it to myself, so it all traces back to me in the end.

>>57654075

Yes, if I go to a bank or something, but I was thinking of going to one of those cringey, dingey places that buy and sell jewelry and was hoping they wouldn't ask for ID as long as I kept the amount small, and then I'd do it multiple times.

>> No.57654213

>>57654180
Just buy crypto Holy shit, buy gold with crypto and then cash out

>> No.57654227
File: 75 KB, 563x787, tm9pubi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Imagine ruining your life over 50k. Most people make that or more in a year nibba.

>> No.57654239

>>57654227
I make more than that in a year, but I can't save anything because I live in a high cost of living area and I'm getting raped by student loan payments. And I'm planning on going to Japan where 50k is a 20% down payment on a house

>> No.57654285

Huge Larp. If you mother kicked you out at 18 and then you knew she was giving you zero, why are you such a cuck for looking after her during her last years. I would have laughed and told her to get fucked. You reap what you sow in this life and you cucked massively. That 140k she had should have been spend on a crooked nursing home with gasoline baths.

>> No.57654352

>>57654285

A few months ago I broke up with my girlfriend and was looking for a place to stay. My mom was very sick and I offered to take care of her. She said I could stay at home for free again and acted like she was doing me a favor. Truth be told, I had no idea what I was getting into. I thought taking care of a dying person involved just doing extra chores every day, like more cooking and cleaning. I didn't realize what a nightmare it would be. It was way more than I could have possibly imagined but once I was doing it there was no stopping. I also knew the end was near so I just toughed it out.

I had to work during the day so her sister came over and took care of her during business hours but even then, I was way over my head.

Why did I do it? Well, I don't know. I guess I don't actually hate my mom. I view her as a product of her time. I resent that she left me nothing, sure, but I don't actually hate her as a person about it. It's hard to explain. I view her as a flawed person but we're all flawed so I accept it.

>> No.57654510

oh, this is a very bad idea
you also arent the first person to try this or think of it, just google using a dead relative's credit card

it sounds tempting, but i wouldnt do it
anyway your mom is a right cunt for not leaving you anything

>> No.57654569
File: 578 KB, 1333x2000, 1708292617028759.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57653418
Wouldn't the credit card company know she is dead? I mean I thought they would have to know these things and many government databases would keep track of it. Any gold or bitcoin purchase online is going to want ID and probably a face pic with it, so I guess you are limited to stores where you can buy items with your covid mask on and carry a long ways to your car for no cameras, but I wouldnt bother if you are wantingto try to start over in Japan, since you know japanese I would not risk a criminal charge and would just try to make a life in Japan since USA is shit, but Japan may not be much better.

>> No.57654603

>>57654510
Of course I'm not the first person to think of doing it, but the question is will I pay for it. In my experience, the government and big corporations are just not very organized and don't pay much attention to detail. Let's say I run up the card and make payments on it. No one will notice. Then let's say a year from now I stop paying it. After a few months it goes to collections. When collections can't get a hold of the debtor, they give up. When the bank gives it to collections, they usually sell the debt and wash their hands of it. It will get reported to the credit bureau as a collections file. If this happens, I'm in the clear.

Now, imagine the bank investigates the account and decides it looks like fraud. They'll freeze it. After that, they'll make calls. If I just never call them back and they can't easily figure out what happened, it ends there. If they see that online purchases were made but they can't easily track who made them, then the investigation ends there. The police won't do anything unless the bank has clear evidence pointing to one suspect and no other suspects. If there are even a few suspects (like my aunt), the cops can't do much.

I say all this because my life experience has taught me that no one pays attention to shit and no one knows what they're doing. If you don't specifically tell people things they don't know them.

Case in point: >>57654569
This dude thinks the credit card company magically knows when someone dies. They don't. They have no idea. Now, my mom's social security will be cancelled and that will eventually flag on her credit report which means if someone tried to open a NEW credit account under her name, it would be rejected because she is dead. Even this takes months. I could open a new account under her name tomorrow (I won't do that). But even when her bureau report is flagged so that no one can open a new account, it's not like someone at the bureau calls the bank and says "so and so is dead, just fyi".