[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.05 MB, 722x739, Screenshot from 2024-02-16 16-46-02.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57629366 No.57629366 [Reply] [Original]

Bitcoin will crash horribly, wont it?
To money positive news. Too much tension.

>> No.57629508

It's probably going to drop a bit, but the halving should conservatively to hold it above $50k on average going forward. I'm not anywhere near as bullish on Bitcoin on crypto as most and even I think we're going to see $100k/BTC in our lifetime just because of the structural flaws of the dollar and most other currencies in general.

>> No.57629524

>>57629366
That or institutional interest continues, and normies join in after the halving

>> No.57629530

>>57629366
Lol sideline cope

>> No.57629574

>>57629366
it will all be very obvious in hindsight as it plummets back to 4 digits, and eventually $0. the absurd delusions of btc maxis is on full display right now so you have nobody to blame but yourself if you get sucked in.

>> No.57629619

>>57629508
Basically the things that are driving Bitcoin's price higher are only getting more exaggerated and until you see those sort of things start to wane, you should expect its price to generally sneak higher. That's not even including the halving events to come. I'm speaking strictly from the way the world currently functions, especially the U.S. Joe Biden and Donald Trump are the perfect politicians to represent the U.S. and when you understand why, you'll understand why Bitcoin almost inevitably will continue to rise and rise and you'll also understand why a fuckload of people are going to get perpetually priced out as they sit on the sidelines.

I always tell people the reason I like Bitcoin is because there's only 2 kinds of people that trade it: degenerate gamblers and people that actually understand the fucking thing. People who don't understand Bitcoin and aren't risk-takers don't touch it. And in order to understand it, you have to be the sort of person who actually seeks to understand things you don't know which excludes about 95% of the U.S. population conservatively. The side effect of this is that the U.S. population doesn't understand how utterly fucked they are or their government or their currency or their way of life or anything. This just means Bitcoin is almost always functionally undervalued in the face of the reality that will inevitably continue to propel it higher.

If you have a brain in your head thinking about Bitcoin should almost make you cum in your pants.

>> No.57629660

>>57629619
I think at this point people understand what bitcoin is but think it's retarded because there's much better cryptos

>> No.57629669

>>57629366
yes its going down to $0 within 24 hours, I'm shorting it on 100x leverage right now

>> No.57629705

>>57629660
I really don't think the average person on the street does. They understand that it exists, but they don't understand even the most introductory mechanics of it or what it does or why it exists. Everyone just shows up to the office, plugs away, and then dumps any excess money, which for most of them is very little, into Vanguard. I would bet most people's understanding of Bitcoin is just "ummm it's like computer money..." and then you ask them "what do you think of it?" and they're like "well, the TV/Reddit says it's a scam and if I hear a lot of voices saying something, I believe it, so it's a scam." The type of information-seeking individual you're talking about that not only involves themselves in crypto, but actively goes in search of superior mechanics isn't the typical member of the masses.

>> No.57629709
File: 804 KB, 2048x2048, 1698663680698869.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>crash
Yes. Crash upward.

Half a billion a day in new inflows this week, literally 1/3 of the YEARS mining emissions has been slurped by the ETFs in their first month of existence, two months to the halving.

We are witness to a great Becoming.

>> No.57629757

>>57629660
Dullard. The value proposition of crypto is Money (unit of account), no other crypto moves the needle on the only metric (being a unit of account) that matters, remember that a fixed unit of account did not exist before bitcoin

>> No.57629799

>>57629508
Just 100k in our lifetimes? Lmao worse than boomer stocks

>> No.57629814

>>57629705
maxis have had plenty of time to demonstrate how storing value against USD could meaningfully impact the world. instead they got rich, complacent and decided that the best use of their time and money was to become lifestyle influencers/podcasters. this is the blackpill they will be force fed as it all comes crumbling down around them.

>> No.57629865

>>57629366
This 24h chart smells of market manipulation, with its hourly 2k+ peaks and dips. I don’t think the Jews would let their coin crash, unless they plan on shorting it

>> No.57630054

>>57629366
The US has reached a near irreversible point of fiscal dominance. Large deficits will be the norm for the foreseeable future. Many argue that deficit spending = money creation (although this is controversial).

Republicans are almost certainly going to lose the House. Presidency is a coin flip -- and even if Trump wins he's not a fiscal hawk by any means.

Boomers are retiring every day and getting on unsustainable social security and medicare.

There is no political will to stop the spending.

Your only choice is to seek hard assets, as there is NO HOPE of anything getting better until the boomers start dying off en masse, and by then the debt might be to large for it to matter.

>> No.57630084

>>57629366
Your throat is about to have too much tension if you know what I mean
>Christians will say knife
>Atheists will say penis
>know the difference

>> No.57630086

>>57629814
Nothing is going to crumble. We are just in for a long period of slow decline. Too many people are invested in the system and the system is too good to too many people to let it fail.

They will paper over growing inequality with more gibs and deficit spending.

Aging and workforce issues will be solved with more immigration.

The US is in irreversible fiscal dominance.

>> No.57630112

Also, net inflows into Bitcoin ETFs are averaging $500 million a day. Those are indiscriminate buyers buying at any price. The ETFs will largely be permanent capital that never sells. As ETF inflows gain momentum, BTC will become an unstoppable freight train.

>> No.57630122

>>57630086
This is unfortunately true. I think China and Russia may well rise and the US may lose power relatively to the world a little, but nothings going to collapse. This is actually the most stable system in history if only due to technology and population

>> No.57630185

>>57629814
Demonstrating this sort of concept to the average person on the street is, in my opinion, a lost cause. The idea that the current system is just doomed to fail isn't something they're willing to consider because, for one reason or another, they're addicted to the money printer.

Things just need to become shitty and hopeless enough that it becomes impossible to ignore how retarded the system actually is, and everyone has a different threshold for that. The value of Bitcoin/cryptocurrency broadly is that it's a lifeboat that's very difficult to completely sabotage (unlike gold was during the Great Depression).

>> No.57630258

Don't you kind of agree that this time everybody it's scared of crypto so the pump feels more real?

I don't know, just a hunch

>> No.57630280

>>57630258
We need to teach the masses that bitcoin won't bully anymore. He is grown up now

>> No.57631367

>>57629814
>instead they got rich
>Instead
We maxis HAVE demonstrated how storing value against USD could meaningfully impact the world, BY STORING VALUE, you dumbfuck

>> No.57633444

>>57631367
you're storing value against fake money printed from thin air. your goal for the past 15 years was to use that newfound wealth to generate actual value in the real, physical world. instead you hosted MLM style conferences and started podcasts. it's almost impressive how badly bitcoiners fucked up.

>> No.57633711

>>57633444

butthurt sidelined incel virgin

>> No.57633762

>>57633444
the value is in improving your own life, it's up to you to do that

>> No.57634209

>>57629366
Yeah but in late spring early summer of next year
Then the next bullrun will kill bitcoin when people realize it doesn't pass ATH next time around.
From there the surviving coins will instantly make those who buy the bottom multimillionaires while everyone holding the first could dozen coins by marketcap will rope with $0

>> No.57634449

>>57634209
>BTC 32% off ATH
>ETFs accelerating past $500M net daily

good luck with this doomer shit

>> No.57634603

>>57629366
not selling to u bobo

>> No.57634671

of course, no one is actually stupid enough to go all in on an asset with no usecase

>> No.57634716

>>57629574
Unfortunately I think you're right
They've traded all logical thinking for greed

>> No.57634735

Very few people actually USE Bitcoin for anything other than speculation. Of course it's going to crash, it's not a real asset with real value. Or rather, it probably does have SOME value, but that value is orders of magnitude smaller than its current market price.

>> No.57634777

I bought some more this week on 2.5 x leverage. Even if we get a 40% drawdown, I’ll close my long when it’s 30% down at a 75% loss, then immediately long the quarter of my stack on another 2.5 leverage and I’ll make it basically all back by the time we’re back .

No way my second long gets stopped out. That would require a 58% drawdown from here, and no way that happens… no way. Absolute lowest we can sensibly go down to is 30 k and most likely the ETF start price is going to act like a floor and we’ll barely get to the mid 30s

>> No.57635070

Stock markets are at all time highs because of interest rate cuts. Interest rates cuts are a response to recession. Much of the 1st world now is in recession. (UK, Germany, Japan)

Give it a few months and if the list of countries in recession grows. Ask yourself how often in history have asset market bubbles endured in recessionary times? 100k and 20k are both options this year.

>> No.57635148

>>57634735
Internet meme money is not only useless, but if you talk to people about it, their eyes glaze over and for some reason they avoid you forevermore.

However BTC is now being gobbled up by BlackRock. The king of greedy kikes wants some too. Are they going to dump it as quickly?