[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.44 MB, 450x472, 1415059842215.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
574862 No.574862 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /biz/,
Sydney dwelling Ausfag here.
About two months ago my contract expired for a business I was working for and was not renewed as they were cutting down a fair few staff.
In that time I finished my university degree, a bachelor of business with majors in marketing and economics and have been applying for more work primarily at agencies. In the last two interviews I got through to the final rounds and lost out to attractive chicks who already had a foot in the door via friends and relatives.
Sadly I haven't been taken on for any position at an advertising agency since.

I've been doing some carpentry work to get by but recently got scammed because I was stupid enough to do a word of mouth job for a friend of a friend.

Now that any savings I had are drying up I was wondering what the best locations are for certain industries e.g advertising, marketing, finance. This can serve as a general help thread.

>> No.575042

>>574862
Not sure if you're in actual Sydney and not Campbelltown or Penrith, but Sydney is the best place in the country for advertising, marketing and finance.