[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 250x244, 1698346947473320s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57479635 No.57479635 [Reply] [Original]

And I no longer feel inclined to check my portfolio all of the sudden. It's like the anxiety just vanished out of thin air.

For anyone constantly checking their portfolio everyday like a sickness, I'd recommend doing what I just did in cashing out a small amount so you have a nice cash cushion to enjoy your life for some months or a year or so. It'll make a much bigger difference than you think it will with your portfolio anxiety.

>> No.57479684

>>57479635
Should I do it? I keep checking my folio every 10 minutes. I have $5 in my bank account and my next wagepay is due next week.

>> No.57479703

>>57479635
i recently also took 10pct cash position. before I was at 1pct. but now I feel like I need to find something to put my stink cash into cause its bleeding value. i sold btc at 44k. but i don't want to buy back now. what should I do?

>> No.57479722

>>57479684
How much is your folio? Regardless though, if you only have $5 in your account then you absolutely need to cash out at least some (at least to cover any bills until your next wagie check). The key is to only cash out a small enough amount to cool your nerves. Your anxiety ultimately comes from overleveraging yourself and a personal fear of losing everything if you fuck up (ie: not being able to pay your bills anymore because your account balance is near zero and your crypto folio decided to take a massive shit at the worst possible time).

>> No.57479723

>>57479703
SPX500 i went balls deep when it went low and im not regretting that sweet sweet 2% gain

>> No.57479752

>>57479703
I'd say stop worrying about the inflation eating into your wealth part, remember that the worst parts of inflation (real estate and some food products) only inflate up to around 20-33% per year, and remember that crypto is volatile as fuck and can easily crash at the worst possible time. There is no perfect time to buying in either, so either way, 10% should be fine for you as long as it covers your bills and some fun for the next year or so. Remember that I only made my OP post as a tip for those who have a portfolio checking addiction to the point it starts affecting your mental health.

>> No.57479806

>>57479752
>so either way, 10% should be fine for you as long as it covers your bills and some fun for the next year or so
this 10pct will cover my living expenses for the upcoming 2 years. but I'm thinking about reinvesting about 1 year or 50pct of what I took out. just not sure where to put it. might just wait it out in case some black swan covid tier dump occurs idk. might get some more gold, sliver and platinum, maybe some jewelry idk.