[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 725 KB, 1744x444, bigbitcoinbull.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57292605 No.57292605 [Reply] [Original]

I have my networth (600k) in MSTR hoping Saylor's premium manages to do a 3x during the next bull run. This would be enough to retire where im from (EU country).

Can someone that is familiar with Bitcoin proxies explain why is this a good/bad idea? As far as I know, he manages debt well, and even after ETF approvals, will continue to offer a premium. I need leverage, BTC itself is too fucking slow to get rich from anymore. Miners are too risky IMO. I think BTC would need to get to like 2k$ BTC for MSTR to get fully liquidated so should be ok.

After a lot of research this is the 3x gamble I feel most confident with.

1) Altcoins are retarded and illegal securities
2) Miners, like I said, probably more gains possible, but too risky
3) ETF spot, like I said, BTC price is too slow, you will never catch the top, I need some leverage
4) Options are retarded, I don't want to get liquidated, I want to hold something, so if the trade goes bad, at least I can baghold and hope for a comeback, and the underlying of MSTR is BTC, so I would be bagholding BTC basically

What the fuck else is to do? All other cool stocks are pumped as fuck. The risk may be that the FED fails on a soft landing as always and we enter into a recession while im bagholding. Or that Elizabeth Warren or AOC becomes president and bans Bitcoin mining or whatever the fuck. Other than that, seems like a reasonable gamble?

Of course the entry point is to be debated. Seems still too high. While MSTR premium plummeted, BTC could revisit lower prices after ETF hype, which means even lower MSTR prices. That's where I would go all in. There is no other way to get to 1 million at this point, and I want to escape 6 figure hellhole, it is very, very real.

>> No.57292728

up

>> No.57292807

>>57292605
Why all in in MSTR? Why leverage with 600k?
You are setting yourself up for a big loss.
You dont need leverage if you have volatility, buy mining stocks but without leverage, and a bunch of alts.
That the better bet for a bullrun.

>> No.57293260

>>57292807
Man, you did not understand the post.
MSTR is a leveraged play on BTC; same as miners, that is what I meant.

And no, alts are dogshit, and banks block transactions to exchanges anyway. So it's MSTR or miners.

>> No.57293840

Does any amerifag know if the SEC or whatever can fuck up Saylor's stock? like not allowing him to buy more BTC or some shit

>> No.57293870

>>57293260
>MSTR is a leveraged play on BTC
not really
>same as miners
also nope

>> No.57293953
File: 468 KB, 1689x775, MicroStrategy Bitcoin Holdings With Charts.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57293870
>not really
ok dude

>> No.57294046

>>57293953
might this phenomenon have changed now given the etfs?

>> No.57294103

>>57294046
Well that is the question isnt it. Point is, it should offer a premium, but perhaps less. Also, we don't know how low it will go before ETF selling stabilizes. And if the FED fucks up and there is a recession, shit will crash at a faster rate than BTC.

>> No.57294132

>>57294046
Probably not, MSTR is also a profitable consulting company, so there's some extreme downside protection.

>> No.57294222

>>57293260
I listened to a podcast with Arthur Hayes in which he recommended something that may fit you.
Essentially he said to be patient. If you need a big 3x the only half secure way is to wait until a big maket correction/crash. Math is going to catch with bad politics sooner or later and big opportunities will open hopefully, but you may have to wait months and months so for the time being have your money in a some monetary fund at 4-5% and be ready to liquidate things if shit hits the fan.
I am unironically in your same position.