[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 915 KB, 3680x1953, 20240107_152408.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57213940 No.57213940 [Reply] [Original]

posted this the other day, here is proof in OP.

A year ago I inherited a house with 8k mortage left worth about $400k, and a sum of money worth $350k, that I consolidated at Edward Jones at the suggestion of my estate lawyer when I first got the money, and it is now sitting in an IRA which has done well and is close to 400k. I am 24, no job, no kids, no wife, no debt other than the house mortgage mentioned above, 8k from 3 semester of college, living in a relatively high income area in a medium sized city in the US north east(about 8-12k taxes a year in property and school). I figure if I let my money sit, take an easy job and just use that to pay bills/utilities over the next 25 years, I can retire a millionaire. who knows what that will mean in the 2050s, but it's better than nothing. but I can stay in my house and enjoy the city and live in upper middle class for the remainder of my life, which is more than I ever had before. but theres been a desire lately, I want to be *fuck you* rich. I want to turn this money into millions, I want to be rich in my 30s, not my 60s. I want a sexy young girlfriend when I'm aging, I want to travel to exotic places on a whim, I want opulence. it's shallow and highly unrealistic given my background and education, but it's the only thing that has lit passion and ambition under me in years. I feel it in my stomach every day.

my question, if you were a young man in my shoes, my same circumstances, with my goal of just maxing the shit out of this, what would you do knowing what you do now? would you sell the house, consolidate all the money, and move back in with mom for free? would you rent the house out? I'm open to anything, I'm also a quick learner and determined. thank you

>> No.57213967

>>57213940
Also, I've booked a meeting with my financial advisor at Edward Jones, will try to get any input I can beyond the franchise answers. I have family friends I've set up time with who are millionaires and sold successfull businesses, one in reality who sold his business to Howard Hannah and has houses in other places for seperate times of year. another sold a business with her husband for millions and has a high profile job with a Manhattan bank paying well over $100k a year in retirement for consultation. someone in my other thread suggested a mentorship by someone rich, I will float the idea.

so I'm not just making this thread and YOLO'ing on the highest suggestion. im asking anyone and everyone I can who has ever been considered anything close to wealthy. so don't treat me like some tard who will invest this on a shit coin and half the value in a week. if y'all think crypto is my best strategy than so be it, but pretend you're helping a young you with this money.

>> No.57214206

you aren’t wealthy lol

>> No.57214247

>>57213940
>I want to be *fuck you* rich. I want to turn this money into millions
but do you really want this?
you know you have to risk all you have right now to make it.

>> No.57214270

>>57213940
Invest smartly, give some away. Law of attraction, model of abundance.

>> No.57214275

>>57213940
just go all in into Solidly

>> No.57214305

>>57213940
This >>57214206
OP, if you sell that property and buy crypto ETFs and funds and hold until you the cycle top, you might be ale to turn that 400k into 4M, optimistically. If you keep it as-is and rent it out for income, you might make 30k realistically in the same time. It's simple mathematics. Do you have a education/degree? What field? What is your potential income from WORK looking like over the next 10 years? You could play the long slow game if you have a high income (>200k per year), but otherwise your only recourse will be high risk high reward investing/gambling, if you want "fuck you rich" level money. Btw nobody but poorfags says thinga like that, so I predict you're just going to lose it all anyway even if you do make it.

>> No.57214306

>>57213967
>my financial advisor
Just remember that FAs don't give a shit about your wealth, only their commissions. They recommend you shit that earns THEM the most money, whatever garbage that might be. They will see you're young and naïve and see the possibility to milk you money. You're better off learning this shit yourself so you can ditch the fiduciaries with their blood sucking fees. Making your own decisions will save you so much money and you'll have to learn how to manage your assets anyway. Until then just park your money to a cheap SP500 fund of your choosing (Fidelity, Vanguard, whatever). Your FA will probably recommend the same if you ask him about this (and charge you a fat fee). (this is not financial advice blah blah don't sue me I'm just an anon in the internet)

>> No.57214310

>>57214247
I have a mother who loves me and will take care of me no matter how much i lose. a year before this I had nothing anyways. so it's not like I'm winding up any worse off. I want opulence

>> No.57214344

>>57214310
You aren't going to get to opulence from A financial advisor.
You basically have to take a big investment risk OR start a business (but you have no skills, so don't do that).

>> No.57214495

>>57214305
this is why I put "wealthy" in quotes, I know I'm not wealthy and I know this isn't money I can just toss at something, fuck up, and still be fine. I know I'd lose it. I have no education, but simply because I dropped out due to issues with living with my father and going to college. couldn't afford it without his support, had to leave. I scored in the 1400s on my SATs and was accepted into a great (albeit expensive) school. not trying to make myself seem like some smartass, people dumber on paper than me have managed college with much harder circumstances and now make more even if they have much less net worth. but I am trying to make clear im not some retard, I just have a brain that has been sitting in autopilot for years because I have not had passion or drive for anything. so I could go back to university fairly easily if that were a course that needed to go forward. but as of now I have no college education, which I know is a massive disadvantage.

>Btw nobody but poorfags says thinga like that, so I predict you're just going to lose it all anyway even if you do make it

I don't mean like "look at my things"/acting like a douche to people money, besides travel and leisure education I'm not really looking to throw money around to be flashy, and I've known rich old men like that and they're annoying as fuck.
I mean, when my father died, his last tangible and meaningful words to me were "your life is a disappointment to me". I want to take his money and make a lot more money, I want to donate more than he ever could, i want to build more and make more of a mark around me than he ever thought i was capable of. I want anyone who tries to stop me from doing that to fail. then, i want to build a memorial to my dad, and go to it every night, and fucking piss on it.

if I can't even *attempt* to go all in, if my life really has to be made off the back of those last words, I'll probably kill myself long before I cash in on it.

>> No.57214515

>>57214310
Opulence is fake and gay. Comfort and security gives you all the room you need to wild out here and there

>> No.57214554

>>57214344
I never said I would. I definitely don't think I can even remain with Edward Jones regardless if this was my goal or not, they're too expensive in fees

I've talked with my guy outside of the office and he's nice. I'm gonna try to level with him and ask for practical advice like I'm asking here. my pool of financially literate people are low, so I'll just straight up ask "what would you do if you were me".
if he wants to give me a franchise answers I'll just nod my head, thank him, and disregard. if he feels like being empathetic and actually leveling with me, I will be turly grateful. and that's it, I do not expect a meeting with an Edward Jones financial advisor to start making me millions.
the one person who saved this money and was close enough to me to tell me how he did it and what he would do, died before he even made a will leaving it to me. luckily I was his only child. now I just need a couple competent adults to give me competent advice so I can throw myself at something. all I want is a good idea on where to start and a wish good luck, I know the rest is gonna have to be me if I want this.

>> No.57214564

>>57214515
fake opulence is fake and gay. being able to buy or show off anything without money having to be an issue is what I consider opulence, not so much the upfront gaudy nature that's associated with it.

>> No.57214607
File: 115 KB, 1147x1164, real world assets market.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57214310
well then here is some infos for you, generally speaking the next big move of the world economy is "tokenizing everything".
thats according to the largest Asset Managers in the world, the biggest Banks in the world, the WEF and many others.
And they really plan to tokenize everything: business assets, commodities, collectibles, financial instruments, intellectual property, real estate and vehicles.
thats an estimated 800 trillion dollars that will flow into tokenization.
>how to profit?
invest into the infrastructure that enables all of these processes.
The projects that will benefit most will be Chainlink and Avalanche (they were kinda already "selected" for this by (((them))).
Chainlink because every Real world Asset (RWA) needs all kinds of data, like price feeds or any other data feed/oracle service and interoperability and Avalanche because everyone wants their own Custom Blockchain Virtual Machine, think of Avalanche as "Blockchain as a Service".
as always
>Do your own Research!
and then decide how much you are willing to invest, you probably dont even have to go "all in" with everything you have to make it in the next couple years (pic related).

>>57214495
>I want to donate more than he ever could
never donate any money to anything, this is how you become poor.

>> No.57214617

>>57214306
I've been planning to leave Edward Jones for a while, my estate lawyer recommended them originally and they were actually really helpful when I had to consolidate all the cash from different financial institutions (equitable can suck a fat cock). but I'm essentially just letting it sit in the s&p500 with them.
I'm just gonna hope he takes pity on me enough to provide some practical advice like any other financially savvy adult might, I'm gonna make it clear that I'm not looking to do this by changing my investment strategy or anything else he might suggest that will just be a way for him to make more off of my money. if there's nothing he can tell me that sounds practical beyond trying to sell me Edward Jones stuff, I will just disregard.

>> No.57214711

>>57214495
I like you better after this post. I suggest you follow a two-pronged approach:
>unironically invest in yourself
Luckily you have time since you're only 24. You need to find what makes you passionate and also what makes you money. Lift, read, learn to live poor but meaningfully with a purpose. You can travel on the cheap and use the experience to broaden your horizons, study, meet and fuck women, etc. When you get tired of that, hopefully you have some idea of what you want to pursue more seriously professionally speaking. It sounds like you aren't the academic type, but maybe entrepreneurship could work in which case having a business degree could help getting funding to start a venture.
>the actual financial investing
For the previous point, you can keep 100k or so of savings as a buffer while you develop yourself. The rest I stand by what I said previously. Have a significant portion in high risk high reward assets (stocks + crypto) with or without the real estate (it's up to whether you want to rent or own, everyone has to pay for shelter). Money tied up in real estate is not liquid and can't be leveraged for gains without taking loans which is not my preference. If you go the crypto route, do not baghold after the cycle top. Good luck.

>> No.57214719

>>57214607
>invest into the infrastructure that enables all of these processes
>chainlink
>avalanche

interesting, thank you. any literature you reccomend about this infrastructure in general, i.e. the systems and entities in place that make up this "infrastructure" how it works, the exact plans or predictions to implement tokenization, etc. I'd like to understand this technology beyond the predictions of those more financially literate than me.

I'd assume chainlink and avalanche have their own white papers, anything you would specifically take note of when reading a white paper? Im not very versed in them, I think I might have read the white paper for ARK coin way back when I was like 16 and dabbled in crypto (not investing just got curious through here circa 2016/17), but i remember nothing. obviously a coin white paper is different, but what exactly struck you about avalanche and chainlink that you'd look for in other projects for when I do my own research?

>> No.57214791

>>57214719
With crypto you have to be very careful, you are responding to a paid shill. To start learning the space you might want to start with Bitcoin and Ethereum only. Read this pasta:
Every AVAX shill is a grassroots community marketer who gets paid in AVAX to do it. They reply to themselves with different IDs and create lots of fake interest and discussion. If you browse /biz/ for a few days you'll see how inorganic all of this is. Their objective is to make you buy AVAX, hold it and maybe even stake it (for a negative inflation adjusted yield, which they will lie about). They will manipulate you with hope, technojargon, AI waifus and dreams of riches while getting paid by higher-ups who slowly dump on retail with the tokens they created for themselves for free. Go look at EOSETH chart and read about the history of EOS. This is the exact same scam all over again for newfags like you who don't know how this works. Don't fall for it, they are masters at manipulating.

https://cryptoleaks.info/case-no-5

Inflation numbers:
Circulating supply Jan 27 2022: 244,852,769
https://web.archive.org/web/20220127152152/https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/avalanche

Circulating supply Jan 27 2023: 314,771,897
https://web.archive.org/web/20230127081851/https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/avalanche

(314,771,897 - 244,852,769) / 244,852,769 = 0.2856 = 29%

>> No.57214808

This one is obviously putting in more effort since you have 6 digits and are showing signs of naivety. Every scammer and grifter will want your money and that's 100x more true in crypto.

>> No.57214834
File: 142 KB, 1608x905, IC3 slides.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57214719
you should start by watching these Videos so you understand what you are getting into:
https://youtu.be/HiuvsLNCg-Y
https://youtu.be/cEnoZc6sv44
Your next step after watching the videos should be reading the Chainlink and Avalanche whitepapers.
Then you can set up your account at a centralized exchange (kraken or coinbase or whatever) and then set up your own wallets (metamask or core), you write down the private keys somewhere secure (very important step) and then you marketbuy and withdraw the AVAX from the CEX to your wallet.
once that is finished you head over to a DEX (Trader Joe) and swap some AVAX into LINK.
now you have AVAX and LINK in your wallet that only (You) control.
if you have enough AVAX you can run your own Validator, if not you can delegate it or get it into DeFi, comes out at around 8% APY on the AVAX.

>but what exactly struck you about avalanche and chainlink that you'd look for in other projects for when I do my own research?
Like I said they were already Kingmade by (((them))), all the research for Chainlink and Avalanche comes from IC3, the initative for Cryptocurrency and contracts thats where Ari Juels (Chainlink chief researcher) and Emin Gün Sirer (CEO of Avalanche) come from.
IC3 gets its funding from the US Government, the National Science Foundation (NSF) to be precise.
These guys created the Internet, Google, SaaS and lots of other shit.
Its unlikely that another infrastructure project as important as Chainlink and Avalanche appears anytime soon there but if it does this is the place to look.
https://www.initc3.org/
Thats where the Avalanche "Team Rocket" Whitepaper dropped first back in 2018.
however the strategy isnt "buying everything they post about", you gotta use your brain too.

also dont just take my word for any of this and Do your own Research.

>>57214791
>>57214808
kek fuddie

>> No.57214862
File: 9 KB, 417x526, 1653524834688.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57213940
>Inherit signficant amount of money
>Ask /biz/ for advice
>Take money and buy crypto
>Lose everything
>Back to where you were before you inherited any money
Sad. Many such cases.

>> No.57214883

>>57214711
>Luckily you have time since you're only 24. You need to find what makes you passionate and also what makes you money.

I make working out a priority, at least four times a week. im very involved with my personal hygeine, and also love to exercise my brain through reading, having to drop out kind of depressed me because I'm very academic, I just think I misjudged how much I liked my original degree choice (physics), and other complications made college short lived. my true passions are history, including humanities and geopolitics with a particular focus on defense, and cinema. but I'm not sure how any of those could make money beyond a nice paying job as a professor at a nice Uni. I really value all knowledge and loke to learn, and am desperate to travel to the old world despite what I do. I've never dabbled in anything business but I feel like I'm charismatic enough to make something work, I just don't feel particularly creative enough to start something worthwhile.

>Have a significant portion in high risk high reward assets (stocks + crypto)

any crypto white papers you reccomend reading? I haven't followed coins since covid.

>with or without the real estate

well I mean if I sell the house I can nab an extra $350k at least and cut out my $12k in property tax. unfortunately it's located in a home owners so I don't think renting it out is an option. my mom wouldn't charge me anything, I used about $25k when I first got the money to whipe her credit card debt so her living expenses have been very low, I'd obviously still pay her rent but my point is moving back in with her, although gutting for the soul of an independent 24 year old man, would be the most cost efficient.

>If you go the crypto route, do not baghold after the cycle top.
any reading you reccomend about this, I've already seen references to the "cycle top" here but I'd like to research it my own.

>Good Luck.

thank you, this advice is invaluable to me even if you don't think so

>> No.57214887

>>57213940
-Pay the mortgage, if you are confident in your work then 8k is not a big number, 9k will be worse
That's it because if you rent to a N! then that creature may destroy your house and then you will have to pay for an ((insurance))
I would invest it safely for 3 years, gather money, to experience, avoid getting shot by N! and flee to Europe

>> No.57214947

>>57214862
if anything, I was able to use some of this money to pay off my mom's credit card debt. she cried and thanked me. I could lose all of this and everyone would think I'm a retard but she'd still love me and support me on my next venture. I did right by her and ultimately that's made me feel like I've made at least one right decision with this money. buying her a house and more land would be nice to do at some point, tho

>> No.57215139

>>57214883
Sounds like you have a good baseline to build on. As a fellow math + physics person I took the engineering route and am basically a high income wagie, but it's not time efficient to get here (took a decade all things considered). You can make more money and faster through business, but these are the kinds of things you need to figure out about yourself in the next 5 years. Just find something fulfilling to work towards. And I definitely recommend traveling for an extended period. Since you have nothing going on you might as well fo it now too.
>any crypto white papers you reccomend reading? I haven't followed coins since covid.
Start with the basics. Bitcoin and Ethereum. Don't bother with others until you understand these.
>unfortunately it's located in a home owners so I don't think renting it out is an option
In this case I would probably sell it since my minimum requirement for real estate is passive income. I don't like speculating on real estate since I might as well speculate on Bitcoin. Unless the sellers fees are extraordinarily high. One thing you'll learn is that realtors are parasites that take large commissions out of every RE transaction.
>any reading you reccomend about this, I've already seen references to the "cycle top" here but I'd like to research it my own.
Google BTC pi cycle top indicator.
>thank you, this advice is invaluable to me even if you don't think so
No problem. Happy to help.

>> No.57215199

>>57213940
500k isn’t wealthy retard. You are middle class

>> No.57215241

>>57213940
please do not invest with edward jones. i realize you just did this because you didn't know what else to do, and someone recommended them to you.
you are paying them 1-2% a year to underperform the market with portfolios that appear too complicated for a normal person to manage
put it in vanguard target retirement 2055 fund and check back in 30 years

>> No.57215626

>>57214791
It’s more annoying because they cling onto Link (which I hold won’t deny). Don’t care if any of you buy or not just want the avax fag to fuck off. He isn’t ultimately incorrect about tokenization though, it just won’t be on his roachchain.

>> No.57215670

>>57215626
JPM, Fidelity, KKR, Deloitte, The Bank of America, ANZ and many others disagree with you and have already chosen Avalanche and Chainlink for their tokenization efforts.
you can seethe and whine all day about this but it doesnt change that the winners were already selected.

>> No.57215686

>>57214305
>400k into 4M
Top signal

>> No.57215833

>>57214719
bro do not buy any crypto these losers suggest besides btc or eth

they're all scams, 100% of them, and the posters are most likely being paid to post.

$link especially, which makes less revenue than a single gas station(link shills will NEVER say the word revenue, because it's very obvious the entire project is just a ponzi for midwits - compared to shib which is a ponzi for 0 iq people)

>> No.57215853

>>57215833
>btc
you arent gonna make the big gains if you just buy Bitcoin.
>or eth
Ethereum was replaced with Avalanche.
https://watcher.guru/news/ethereum-has-been-disappointing-since-shanghai-jpmorgan
https://www.avax.network/blog/onyx-j-p-morgan-leverages-avalanche-for-portfolio-management

of course you didnt know this because you are doing zero research.

>> No.57215862

2 problems...
Edward Jewns is gonna rape you with expenses you could avoid if you just educated yourself a little. And the money is in an IRA. Not necessarily a bad thing, but youre not touching it without penalty until 60...so youre not being nigger rich for a long time. You can effectively pay no income tax if you use 401k/hsa, but again wont be touching shit until youre retired.

>> No.57216233

>>57215853
>you arent gonna make the big gains if you just buy Bitcoin.

btc can still 10-100x if you're patient. and besides, i didnt say to just buy bitcoin, i said dont buy anything shilled here. dyor and figure out whats best, dont listen to paid shills.

>activity has dropped during a bear market
wow much news, very smarts
>a bank in singapore has a proof of concept...
wow very big news, scammer retard

i will repeat: do not buy any scams shilled here. if you must deviate from btc/eth then dyor and find sub 50m mcap projects never posted here. best place to do research is twitter, as its transparent when the guy is just shilling garbage as they cant hide behind anonymity(pseudonymity is not the same thing as anonymity)

>> No.57216279

>>57216233
>>57216233
to be fair I did do some btc research when I was like 16 back in 2016 and although there weren't nearly as many coins, the main two were BTC and ETH (there was LTC too but idk what happened to that). it seems to make sense that btc and eth are the safest considering its 8 years later and they're still the only two that seem to fill people with any confidence or got mainstream coverage (outside of memes and scams) but...

>btc can still 10-100x if you're patient.

cmon, even I know it's not 2009 anymore. who is predicting btc will reach 100x its price right now?

>> No.57216298

>>57215862
any suggestions on the cheapest and easiest way to get it out and into something similar at vanguard/fidelity? I feel like a penalty for early withdrawal shouldn't matter if I'm transferring to another IRA, so really Edward Jones fees are what I need to worry about.

>> No.57216311

just op saying thanks again everyone for the advice, have a lot of research and reading to do before making any definitive plans but I feel confident about going forward.

>> No.57216315

at 24 the best investment you can make is still in yourself aka increase your earning potential via high paying career, business, or some other means, the money you have no gives you some cushion, congrats, but it's nowhere near enough to retire

>> No.57216351

>>57216233
>i didnt say to just buy bitcoin, i said dont buy anything shilled here
>shills bitcoin and ethereum
lmao

>>57216311
godspeed m8

>> No.57216455

>>57215862
just looked. Edward Jones only charges $95, for complete account closure, certainly not the rape I thought would happen. obviously the real penalty is the feds probably wanting their 10% of withdrawal (so in this case $40k) but if I can just get everything transfered to another ira at vanguard I should be able to avoid fees because it's another IRA, right?

>> No.57216510

Im on a similar boat, 400k except I made them on youtube then got demonetized and im suicidal since then. Im almost mid 30's no job experience and dont wanna work.

Only option is to YOLO on BTC or some proxy like a miner, and hope to 3x this, then live off divies. I will leave cash to live for like 3 years in caise I buy and then it crashes. If it doesnt work kms

>> No.57216524

You should leave the money with Edward Jones, then do whatever you were going to do with your life before you inherited the money. Basically pretend like the money isn't there, be successful on your own, then it will just be icing on the cake.

Paying EJ 1.5% per year to not fuck up your money situation is well worth it. If you try some get rich quick scheme you're just going to go broke. Just do whatever the advisor tells you. You probably won't get rich but at least it will still be there. If you take control of it there about a 100% chance of you fucking it up, based on the fact that you're asking for advice here.

>> No.57216582

>>57216510
>Im on a similar boat, 400k except I made them on youtube then got demonetized and im suicidal since then. Im almost mid 30's no job experience and dont wanna work.

bro at least you know you can make it, I inherited my shit, you could realistically just be good at making ad appropriate content (well for a time anyways). I've been curious about youtube/twitch for a while as well, talking and keeping a room entertained has always come very easy to me. what was your content.

>Only option is to YOLO on BTC or some proxy like a miner, and hope to 3x this, then live off divies. I will leave cash to live for like 3 years in caise I buy and then it crashes. If it doesnt work kms

suicide pact? sounding like one of the smarter options here based on other posters responses, Yolo on btc and hope it doesn't fucking fuck up.

>> No.57216619

>>57216524
ron is that you? (my fin adv name is ron).

seriously though, this is what I thought when I invested it, but literally how much could I fuck it up just throwing it into the s&p500 through vanguard? it's essentially what he has me invested in here and it's done phenomenal this year. even if the average goes down it's never gonna be negative growth.

>If you take control of it there about a 100% chance of you fucking it up, based on the fact that you're asking for advice here

yeah that's about the odds I expected. but I'm not just asking advice here. there's a few "self made" millionaires who are family friends, one sold his realty business to Howard Hannah years ago and has a set up I'd like very much to have, my brothers mother in law had millions by the time she was 40 (think she came from money though). that plus my financial advisor, I'm casting wide net, the person who saved this money died before I could ask him anything about money or finance so unfortunately you guys and the few rich bastards who agreed to meet with me are all I got.

>> No.57216636

>>57213940
>what would you do knowing what you do now?
Marry a rich old bitch and then arrange an accident.

>> No.57217338

>>57214305
>>57213940
OP don't listen to any retard like this
who suggests gambling all your money on shitcoins.

Pay off the house,
invest most of the rest in something really stable that gives a decent steady return like the SnP 500.
Have a solid emergency fund
Get really good health insurance
Renovate the house,
Rent all of it or some of it out,
Use as a home base and or use the rental income to travel and live off of.
Go have some fun but dont be a retard paying for bottle service and tables at clubs or other expensive shit and go learn how to talk with women and lead with your personality and manhood and not your wallet.. look up locario on youtube.. leading with your wallet means youll attract women who are going to use you for your money, simple as.

Go travelling, go live in some other cities or countries even, education in europe is cheap and top class.

Invest into yourself, whatever skill or passion you have and invest in great training and some equipment to start you off.. for example if you were a musician, some great instruments and a home studio, and a van.. and some great music lessons online or in person.. Use the rental income to pay for your living expenses ( you could convert part of the house to have a tenant in it, separate to where u live in).. you could then write music and gig without the financial stress.

There is a LOT to be said for a paid off house and a steady income (from your investments)... give yourself a platform to have a comfy life and then leverage the number one asset u have, your TIME, to learn how to become rich if that is what you desire.

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT, spend all your money on some stupid scheme or shitcoin investments you got off biz!

>> No.57217401

>>57217338
(Continuing )

You already have it made don't let your insecurities ruin it for you. You sound like you're under 25, it's a fact your brain doesn't develop properly until you're 30. You should take it as your number one priority, NOT to piss away this inheritance before then, which most would do!.

The fact you're connecting money and pussy in your post is a very bad sign. Invest in your knowledge of women and self instead by paying for coaching with Mr. Locario or one of his peers you can find on his Sunday show.

Young men piss away their money trying to compensate for lack of game/charisma, experience.. whatever you want to call it.. paying for designer clothes, bottle service, and all sorts of retarded nonsense.

>> No.57217418

>>57217401
Lastly,

Use your money to give yourself a home, an income, and your time to do whatever you want.. most shit doesnt cost that much, you can get 80 percent of the same experience for 20 percent of the cost. Go to music festivals and sleep in a tent, have fun, paying for boutique camping wont get u laid but your ability to talk to women will, get that by using your TIME to go talk to a lot of women!, if women is what you desire but you should be searching for yourself and learning yourself!, go travel go have loads of conversations with all sorts of people, work and help people make things happen, get involved!, life is out there for living!, don't get scammed and don't gamble away your money or snort it up your nose and you this money could really help you have a great life.. being very monetarily wealthy comes from a lot of actual business experience, not from get rich quick schemes crypto included.. use your time and life wisely, money is only one part of life, an important one sure, but it's not all.. that doesn't mean throw it away though either.. if u are wise and patient with this money you could be basically set for life already.. thinking you need millions more right now is a dangerous illusion and plenty here will tell you to piss away your money out of envy, malice, greed or stupidity.. and you are even more likely than they are to tell yourself to piss it away for the same reasons!..

Anyway best of luck, maybe just chill out, take a step back, best course of action is to not be in a rush to do anything with it!.. take some time to appreciate it and think about it.. plan yourself some (not luxury but cool experience based) holidays or travel for the summer that's a good start, and start researching all the other stuff I mentioned.
Best of luck from Ireland
email me at squareshapegamer@gmail.com if you want to give me an update sometime,
cheers,
regards
Brian

>> No.57217444

> I am 24, no job, no kids, no wife

finish college or join a trade you lazy bum

>> No.57217453

>>57214617
Edward Jones charges something like 2% when you’re better off putting the money in a broad market fund like VTSAX. You could put some in a broad market through any broker (Vanguard, Fidelity, etc…)and save that 2%. You could get some bitcoin as well. Then keep the house as a rental property. At that point you have stocks, Bitcoin, and real estate. That’s the best advice you’ll get.

Consider getting more advice from Bogleheads…they’re boring but wealthy.

Lastly, get a job and invest as much as you can in a Roth. Best of luck to you.

>> No.57217484

>>57213940
>but theres been a desire lately, I want to be *fuck you* rich.
You should figure out how to
a) Use that desire to improve yourself or do something productive
b) kill the desire
If you let it turn you into a gambler you'll lose everything. Don't be a retard.

>> No.57217500

> 400k
> """wealthy"""
lmfao you cannot be serious with this hahahahahahahahahaha
just get a job and keep working, you're no different than any other wageslave.

>> No.57217541

>>57217338

>Go travelling, go live in some other cities or countries even, education in europe is cheap and top class.

I'm curious about this as well. is this actually achievable with my money? my house is a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath in a suburb, so very fanily attractive (I really am the only single male living here), how much could I rent it out for to help my expenses. I'm very interested in exotic education and travels.

>> No.57217596

>>57217418
>Best of luck from Ireland
email me at squareshapegamer@gmail.com if you want to give me an update sometime,
cheers,
regards
Brian

thanks, this is some of the best advice I've gotten in this thread. I think I'll take you up on that update, I turn 25 in 4 months

>> No.57217684

>>57217596
Sound, you're welcome, be interesting to hear how you're getting on, I'll meet u for a pint if you're ever coming to Dublin, brian.odwyer_ either on instagram
Cheers

>> No.57217709

>>57213940
>pretend you're helping a young you with this money.
Alright. Don't worry about money so much. Focus on becoming fit over becoming filthy rich. Your body is important, don't neglect it.

>> No.57217712

>>57217684
cool, I've always wanted to see Ireland. if I message you it'll be with the same paystub receipt so you know its me, don't wanna give my contact info on here. cheers

>> No.57217865

>>57213940
Do you live in upstate NY by chance? I also have a family friend who sold his realty brokerage to Howard Hannah lol

>> No.57217903

I would move in with mom at 24 for sure but there’s only one reliably proven way to get filthy rich and it’s by starting a successful business. That’s it. The other ways are just gambling. So take that money and use it to bootstrap your life while you get a business off the ground. And get a degree if you don’t have one.

>> No.57218141

>>57217338
>>57217401
>>57217418
>t. nocoiner

>> No.57218190

First wholesome /biz/ thread in years. Bryan dropping the knowledge. Good luck kiddo.

>> No.57218269

>>57217712

Hey anon, you'll never be able to understand how unlikely it is that we'd met here, but life is like that. Haven't been around these parts in years and I come back and I stumbled on your post from Saturday in which I saw some really heartfelt advice given. The next day I was thinking about your post and its replies and was going to respond to it, however I couldn't find it. And here you are, reposting again with a picture to prove to strangers that you're not shitposting, because you care about whether these fellow anons believe you; because apparently this IS the community you actually feel a part of. Which says something about you in and of itself... I wonder if YOU know what it says?

Anyway, this is the post you were waiting for, so you might want to copy and paste it along with all your other replies before it gets lost in the ether (no pun intended) and read it several times over the next month or two. That's because you got probably some of the most helpful relpies I've ever seen on 4chan, so you're not only resonating with this audience, they're actually EMPATHIZING with you. I actually read every last one from both your posts because that's the person *I* am and I actually found some advice in there that I'm going to apply to my life... so let me add some.

Only child, parents divorced or estranged, dysfunctional family, acromonious relationship with his father, and who's not "had passion or drive for anything". Then, comes into 3/4 of a million dollars in gross assets before they're legally able to rent a car just by the sheer act of breathing, and maybe for the first time ever or in a long time his proverbial ears perk up because he thinks, "I can actually experience something of life outside the narrow constraints I've lived in so far." I say this as a result of reading BETWEEN the lines of what you wrote and the portrait you've painted of yourself to this point.

>> No.57218284

>>57218269
And that portrait shows that while you've had dysfunction and strife, it's been within the channel of a milktoast existence filled with ennui. You concede you did some "basic research" on crypto when you were 16 but never delved more deeply... why? You mention Litecoin and you "dunno what happened to it" when a simple search would let you know it's still around and hasn't gone anywhere. Why didn't you look it up? You "misjudged how much I liked my original degree choice (physics)" but your "true passions are history, including humanities and geopolitics". So why'd you pick physics? It sounds like your father (mostly) didn't approve of what you REALLY wanted to major in, so as a kid of "proper breeding", you chose to placate your parents. "Well, I can't study blahblahblah, so I'll pick... physics. Yeah, that sounds proper hard so my parents can't say I'm just fucking off in school."

Your reason for dropping out of college is because you were living with your dad (the fact you never use this word and only "father" also underscores your animosity towards him) and couldn't "afford it without his support, [and] had to leave." Do you know why you did that?? Because you never felt SCARED. I'm not talking about horror movie scared, I'm talking about my entire way of life could go away SCARED. I could be homeless SCARED. The, "if this doesn't work, I don't know how I'm going to carry on" SCARED.

And that's because you've had/have a safety net. You know, that when things go wrong, they go wrong within acceptable parameters, and the chances of straight up CATASTROPHE, are virtually nil. Or so you think, due to something known as the avaiability heurestic. You're thinking it's always going to be this way, because so far, it HAS been that way.

>> No.57218294

>>57218284
Except that "accidents" are called that because nobody expects the "Spanish Inquisition" and the world is a big place, and something crazy can happen tomorrow, because... chaos theory, luck, god, insert your favourite complex system here. Since there's a lot of investment advice given to you, you should know the phrase, "past performance is not indicative of future results"; it's not just about stock/crypto performance. No one can say when things could suddenly, violently, go south (that's also euphemistically referred to as a "non-linear dislocation").

I'd suggest reading this:
https://uxplanet.org/7-cognitive-bias-that-affects-us-in-making-a-decision-3f0420157393
and don't forget about the Gambler's Fallacy too.

Having lived a relatively listless life, you now run the risk of living a feckless one. I see your admiration for the one anon who described himself as a self-made man, and you want that for yourself. Many a person wants to step out from their family's shadow. But since you've never really been subjected to social darwinism, as such you feel no compulsion beyond this unconscious/inchoate feeling that you want more. In fact, it's a bit of a small miracle that this thought managed to escape your brain and make its voice heard to someone other than yourself, hence you being here asking for advice. And that's where there's hope for you anon, and why I'm spending time writing all this instead of doing shit for myself. You have to find the compulsion; the desire to really try, and see whether you're actually worthy of your dreams and goals. That compulsion I'm talking is usually described with the word AMBITION, and in order to achieve your AMBITION, you have to have something else too. There are many synonyms for it... hustle, grind, tenacity, get-up-and-go (boomer level up), gumption (grandpa level), stick-to-itiveness (what century is this?). My personal favourite though is "perserverance".

>> No.57218304

>>57218294
The problem is that ambition and perserverance are two of the hardest things to teach someone. Many say you either have it or you don't. Frankly, I tend to agree with them. Trying to do something you REALLY WANT TO DO, putting a lot of work and energy into it, and then it fails... It fucking sucks and it hurts and it takes a lot of perserverance to say, "What did I learn from this, what would I do differently, and let's try this again, OR, let's apply this to something else." It's one thing when that cycle completes in a weekend, it's another when it completes in a year, yet another when longer than that. And that's where PASSION comes into play, and why it's so important you find yours, because without it, the first time you fail, will be the last time you try.

You (and others) may think I'm just shitting on you, but I'm trying to help you recognize the importance of learning to think, learning behaviour (both yours and others), before you even start worring about what to think ABOUT. So far, you've lived a life in your mind, but not of the mind, because "of the mind" is a mind that is self-examining, and you are sleepwalking through life pretty much until this point.

>> No.57218322

>>57218304
Everyone else has given you practical advice, and I'll give you some too. Recognize that you've lead a sheltered life, and you need new experiences to expand your worldview. You have an interest in geopolitics and you're only 24... have you never heard of an intelligence analyst? Working for a think tank, writing white papers (not on crypto), advising people who pull the strings on which strings to pull and when? Maybe eventually becoming a string puller yourself? You'd have to actually work hard for this one, you know without me saying it that you'd be competing against other bright minds, and you might not make it to the "best" versions of those think tanks staight out of school, but who knows what you'll learn between here and there? Who you'll meet and connections and other paths that may open to you as a result of at least going on that journey? Not me, not you. It's funny to me that of all the ideas you had, none of them were going back to school; although some of your fellow anons suggested this, and even then you never regurgitated the idea back the way you did with reading up some more on crypto and investments. People go back to college in their 70s; you're 24, far from over the hill. The neuroplasticity of your brain is at its peak.

The truly practical thing you need to do is stop asking: Do I play life at a 1 (keep my house, keep my IRA) or an 11 (sell the house, cash out my IRA)? How about... crazy idea I know... a 5? Keep the house, cash out $100k from the IRA. Land; they're not making more of it. Take this leap year as a skip year, and go travel. Someone else mentioned this, and I'm going to repeat it; traveling the globe doesn't have to be expensive; and you don't have to go the granola route and backpack and hitchhike either and it's still inexpensive.

>> No.57218334

>>57218322
You've got nothing going on at home, you want to visit the "old world" (Africa, right? ;), you can leave whenever and come back whenever. Google flights was invented for people in your situation. Price it out, come back, and tell me I'm lying; I dare you. Make a trip that hits places that coincide with the few passions you do have - maybe an event that's happening at a particular time - and let life do its thing. Which is, surprise you in ways you never could conceive because it's too complex for anyone to know all the variables at play. Don't just go to beaches and resorts; but I honestly don't think you'd do that. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much (technically, how little) money it costs to spend 6 months traveling. You're going to learn something from that, as long as you're not an incel you're going to meet some people from that, and you're going to get a better sense of what life has to offer besides st00pid d0pe h0uses and bitches with big titties and phat asses. Even if you managed to get rich (as rich as you want) tomorrow I would pity you the first time you met a golddigger who's gonna read you just as well if not better than I did anon. Those bitches with phat asses btw, you can rent them. You probably want just an attractive one who's also KIND to hang out with on a Tuesday; but that's life experience talking.

Mind you I'm not saying do 6 months all at once; shoot for 6 months in total. First do a week somewhere, then 2 weeks somewhere else, hell, go somewhere for 3 days if that's all you're comfortable with to begin with. And make sure you take some more normal vacations, but then also an adventure type vacation, and one where most people don't go on vacation, to see a place that isn't a tourist attraction, to get a better feel for "normal life" in a foreign culture. If you work out, look at it as going up in weight; first you do 3 reps, then 6, then 8, 10, 12, 15, then go up ten pounds. Same principle.

>> No.57218357

>>57218334
You come back from that whirlwind, you're going to have some answers to some questions. Like, do I actually want to back to school for history, humanities, cinema, geopolitics, or something else? Because that whole wage-slave thing, it's a lot more about HAVING to work at a job in order to LIVE, because you can't follow your bliss, like the stereotypical "struggling actor" who's a waiter, than WANTING to work doing something you like and/or find meaningful. Find a job you love and you never work a day in your life is a saying that I didn't make up; it's out there in the world for a reason.

Or you're going to figure out: fuck that; I DO want to just work doing something that makes me as much money as possible as fast as possible. If I can become a billionaire cleaning bed pans at a hospital, I'll do it. If that's what you decide, and you go the business or trading route, you better increase your curiousity and learn to answer as many questions as you can answer on your own (like what happened to litecoin), so when you have to ask a PERSON a question; it's a really smart one. Whatever it is you decide to do, start small. If you're onto something, you will make some money and have "proof of concept". If you're not good at it - or it's a lot harder than you thought it was going to be - you can re-up and start again, and not have blown your load all in one fell swoop, and risk being on the brink of a catastrophic condition which your life hasn't yet prepared you for. You don't have enough money to start an airplane company anyway. Conversely, you can try a new thing and see if it works out better for you. Ultimately, at a certain point when you find something that "clicks" with you, find other like minded people who are into the same shit you're into, either in the real world or online, because two heads are better than one and all that. I'd say good luck, but there's no such thing as luck; chance favours the prepared mind.

>> No.57218362

>>57218357
"The most spiritual human beings, if we assume that they are the most courageous, also experience by far the most painful tragedies. But just for that reason they honour life because it pits its greatest opposition against them." - Nietzsche

cautiously_optimisticAToutlookDOTcom

>> No.57218409

>>57214607

Imagine parroting a stupid wishful thinking from a promo verbiage lmao.

No one, literally, needs or wants this shit, a make-believe solution in search for a problem lmao

If, and I mean if, there would be a slightest demand for any such kind of solutions, the world class, top tech shops would come with a product in a few months. IBM, Google, JPM level shops, not some fucking incompetent and unqualified meme skeletons or fat russki slobs.

Touch the grass you fucking retard and stop brainwashing others with your retarded abstract ideology lmao.

Now just fuck off you fucking pretentious degen.

No one wants or needs this shit. All the "projects" live off dumping premined shitcoins on retards lmao

>> No.57218411

>>57213940
Don't worry put it in the market or crypto you will be fuck you poor in no time. Alternatively there is a 10% chance you become fuck you rich. It's a win win because you will loses the desire to be fuck you rich either way.

>> No.57218449

If you want to make 10% a year just put it all in JEPI and collect the divs or a HYSA if you plan to buy a house out right if there is a crash in 2024.

Alternatively put it in a high risk novel industry stock if you like gambling or crypto of your choice.

>> No.57218515

>>57214791

> you are responding to a paid shill

This guy gets it.

The pastas got polished and refined for all these years, but in the underlying reality no one takes these "projects" seriously and they will never be chosen as a basis for anything.

The same vendors who supply software for the top banks will supply all the actual solutions lmao.

The only point is to trick you to spend the actual money on memetokens which benefits the bagholders.

>> No.57218596

OP beware of the subtle machiavellianism hidden behind well meaning posts, especially those leaving behind their contact details. Soak in the advice that resonates with you. But reach out to these anons at your own peril. Good luck.

>> No.57218740
File: 258 KB, 1024x1024, 1704588626755280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57213940
NO ONE ANSWERED THE QUESTION RIGHT. IT IS REALLY REALLY REALLY EASY.

ONLY 3 STEPS:

1. SELL EVERYTHING ASAP
2. ALL IN BTC ASAP
3. SELL BTC NOV/DEC 2025 (maybe april)

SIMPLE AS
(+ invest in self)

>> No.57218835

>>57218740

Imagine buying "return to normal" and the final "head and shoulders" chart formation lmao.

You had to leverage short the fucking altcoins a week ago.

The king shitcoin will dump after the ETF event (regardless of the actual decision).

Fucking imbeciles lmao

>> No.57218882

>>57218740
This. Except buy BTC and never sell. Nobody from 2010 wishes they had traded their BTC instead of holding. Just buy and hold. I've been in crypto since 2014 and I just wish I had bought BTC and hrld instead of fucking around all the time

>> No.57218889

>>57218835
>t. Pseudo fedora genius

>> No.57218904

>>57218362
>leaves email address
Disgusting pajeet gtfo here. This is now a whites only thread

>> No.57218935
File: 226 KB, 997x1024, 1704591689519749.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57218835
I disagree. He absolutely should not leverage anything except maybe, maybe a 3x long asap. You obviously have no idea what is about to happen. The GBR is here, now, in the room with us. He needs to act fast. It's going to take him at least 1-2 weeks to get that money into a CEX. Then another 1month to 6months to sell the house. ETF will pass, but if it didn't, that's not a big deal as we have the halving. It's simple supply and demand.
>>57218882
This is based too.

>> No.57218952

>>57213940
Take half from the IRA and buy SOXL
Rent out the house or sell it
Max out your yearly contribution for a ROTH IRA

>> No.57218977
File: 69 KB, 1080x619, Gabby Petito out girl murdered killed dead boyfriend suicide (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57213967
First of all ditch any and all financial advisors.

Second make an account on cex, eth wallet, account on brokerage, whatever, send 3k or so to each and go wild. If you blow these accounts its no biggie if you manage to make money you now know what to do to get rich.

>> No.57219007

>>57218977

Yes, good advice. We only learn by actually doing it.

There is a catch, however. You might make a very stupid impulsive decisions by trying to break even or win it back.

Trading is like going into a boxing ring and taking a fight. It requires years of actual training by doing.

>> No.57219019
File: 83 KB, 1265x684, full-time dec.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57213940
if u want wealth you'll need risk, but right now is not the time to cash out and go full lump-sum in the markets. If we're on the verge of another 08 you'll be waiting 5 years to breakeven after investing in high-risk assets today.

There are cracks showing in jobs data and rates have never been raised this high this fast. Pic related. One data point does not make it definite, but it's not out of the question to get another bad print and then everything going to shit real fast

Everyone wants you to pump their bags, Yellen and the degens shilling absolute dogshit alts in this thread.

I suggest just getting some simple job while educating yourself about investing. don't rush and squander your heritage

>> No.57219028
File: 115 KB, 1740x741, yay.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57219019

>> No.57219054
File: 134 KB, 400x389, 1704668950338212.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57213940
you're young so u would have a long life to hate yourself if you degend away a family heritage kiddo

>> No.57219087

>>57213940
>what would you do knowing what you do now?
I would have taken smaller, more calculated risks while building my safety net.

There's a saying - easy come, easy go. That's what I worry about for you - you've been handed cheat codes.. and I'm worried you're going to let it go easily simply because it came easily. Don't do it - now is the time to make calculated, no bullshit decisions and set yourself up to live comfortably forever. After that base case of comfortable living is secure, THEN take increasing risks with your profit.

>> No.57219230

>>57213940
No offense OP, but you sound pretty retarded.

- You think 500k is a lot of money.
- You are asking for financial advice on a meme board about crypto.
- You have no skills and no education.
- You naively glamorize being wealthy in a way that shows that you've never spent real time around wealthy people.

If you are smart you won't touch the money and listen to your financial advisor. Maybe use some of it to go back to school.

But because we both know you are too retarded to do that I would guess you lose all of this money in short order as is generally the case with stupid people who inherit large sums of money.

>> No.57219328
File: 446 KB, 887x1052, solidchad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57214275

>> No.57219357

>>57213940
covered calls
cash secured puts make 1-5% a week.... literally ez mode

>> No.57219432

>>57214305
What anon is saying is
>gamble casino money, you cant lose!

>> No.57219505

As someone with a slight bit of knowledge about computers, I think the best bet to get rich is AI.

Obviously the most profitable way to get rich from AI would be to leverage it yourself somehow, like big tech is doing. Us mortals tend to not have such resources though, so likely the next best thing is to place your bet on which "big tech" will be superior and invest in them.

You could also invest in the AI supply chain, such as semi-conductors. AI is going to need to scale as it advances, and that's gunna require shitloads of semi-conductors.

But that's my bet, AI/technology.

>> No.57220756

>>57218362
>>57218357
>>57218334
>>57218322
>>57218304
>>57218294
>>57218284
>>57218269

amazing anon, thank you so much. screenshotted advice for sure, sorry I didn't respond sooner was night. this is jiving with a lot of other good practical advice here. a few things

> It sounds like your father (mostly) didn't approve of what you REALLY wanted to major in, so as a kid of "proper breeding", you chose to placate your parents. "Well, I can't study blahblahblah, so I'll pick... physics. Yeah, that sounds proper hard so my parents can't say I'm just fucking off in school."

I actually did have passion for a branch of physics, I loved astrophysics. at least the concepts, I read brief history of space and time when I was in 9th grade and it resonated with me. but by the time of the end of my second semester it just didnt anymore, all the topics and things I really wanted to talk about were way off and more than I could chew.
however, I did run into those issues trying to switch programs and save myself. my father was a very stubborn and annoying alcoholic, I remember one time floating the idea of switching to a film major (my campus had a great film and animation studio just put in and I was really just trying to get out of STEM), and he drunkenly thought I meant "theater" like play acting and just sort of belched that all night before calling me an idiot and ending the conversation. unfortunately the window where he wasnt hammered was pretty narrow and then he was usually just pissed off. I guess it's not terribly important just sort of indicative of the man he was and why college sort of spiraled for me beyond my own shortcomings.

I'll reply to what else I can because you wrote out a lot that resonated with me, but I may end up emailing you. same thing with other anon, will include payroll receipt if you need proof it's me. thanks again

>> No.57221835
File: 1.43 MB, 320x320, 1704613542127049.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57220756
NFA. Listen to me faggot. Don't buy land, don't buy stock, sell house, all in on BTC. This is the only acceptable answer. It's simple math. Also, you are a professional at being you, in your heart you know what you want to do with your life. You just need to listen to that little voice in your head. It's your subconscious and it is faster and smarter than you. Realize that since no one knows what will happen, your guess is valid. Trust your gut, if you did at 16 and bought BTC, things might be different. Maybe not better though, remember that. Also, manifestation is not a meme, it's simple goal setting that illuminates a clear pathway through the noise.
These jeets need to post hands.

>> No.57221875

>>57216619
>my investments have done well with my advisor so I'm going to fire him and do it on my own...

Hurr durr

>how could I fuck this up doing it on my own using an S&p500 at Vanguard.

What will happen is the market will go down and you will panic and sell out. Also, since you'll be doing it on your own it is constantly going to be nagging you in the back of your mind that you should be doing something more, it's going to burn a hole I'm your pocket and you're going to blow it on something really stupid like starting your own business or microbrewery or something. Versus if you just let a professional handle it you can put it out of mind and go about your business, which is what you should do.

Your estate attorney recommended the guy for a reason, he's probably seen many millions of dollars go to EJ and not get fucked up so that's what he recommended for you.

Seriously, do what you were going to do anyway, before you had any of this money then use it as a supplement, a bonus, to what you build up on your own.

This is not a life changing amount of money for a successful person. You need to be a successful person independently of the money. If you try to convert the money into being a successful person you will fail, because success doesn't come from money it comes from you.

>> No.57222148

>>57216510
How did you make 400k on youtube?

>> No.57222966
File: 166 KB, 1024x1024, 1704611989974060.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I post a link to a Bisraeli tranny discord for anyone who wants help losing money? Or is that advertising and promoting? Janny?

>> No.57223123

>>57213940
50k on 10-20 lowcap shitcoins for a 10-20x
50k on 5 top 100 coins for a 5-10x
Might see a dip this month, after that its smooth sailing until septembear.

>> No.57223139

>>57216510
this fag again.anon do you spend your entire time here ranting about your youtube career?

>> No.57223227

>>57221835

thanks for the advice, it would be nice to double my capital but I think the most I might do is rent my house, it will continue to grow in value unless there's a market crash, even then on the time scale of decades it'll only ever go up in price, it'll be much harder now to buy and pay off a whole other house. I might stick a close friend also living to keep an eye on things if i rent it out to a family (that will cost a basement refurbishment but oh well, more room to rent). as other anons mentioned cheap education in Europe and I'd love a more culturally enhanced learning environment if I can keep it cheap (my area of the world is dismal during winter) I think I might pursue that.

>Realize that since no one knows what will happen, your guess is valid. Trust your gut, if you did at 16 and bought BTC, things might be different.

not crazy important either, but it's actually kinda shitty what happened. saved up $1600 from first job, it was about July 2017, btc dipped below $2000 for the first time in months and I'd read up a lot on btc and that dip specifically and it made sense as a technology that would really start seeing its use as time went on, so i and everyone else here knew that was the last time itd ever be that low. so I decided to Yolo my "life savings" on about 1 coin. now coinbase wasn't what it was like today back then, and my rinky dink little credit union was like "yeah we are blocking this purchase for insurance reasons", coinbase was uk based and just too sketchy i guess, and I never ended up being able to purchase a btc through any means I tried. sure enough I missed the dip and it shot up to around $4k shortly afterwards, and then about $10k that winter. I would have sold at one of those two times, never thought it'd go above $10k. left that credit union and was just bittered by crypto since.

>> No.57223348

forget all nocoiners advice and go 50% btc 50% eth. screencap and check back at the end of 2025

>> No.57223429

>>57214310
You're mentally ill and you might end up killing yourself. Imagine gambling an inheritance

>> No.57223462

>>57223429
Op you came to the WRONG FUCKINFlG PLACE just fyi

Fucking retarded poorfags here advising you to buy chainlink holy fucking shit

t. 400k in 30s

>> No.57223497

>>57213940
Just dump every cent into 1 year s&p500 calls at the money. The market is not crashing this year and volatility is low as fuck. Free money.

>> No.57223543
File: 3.89 MB, 536x338, 1701265702602867-1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57223227
That is all well and good but not the path to "fuck you money." Fro t hat you ned "fuck me risk". You were wrong before, your wrong again. No bully. BTC will go to 1M and you will be priced out. Your house might go up a little but the market is saturated. Might make 60k in the next two years on real estate/renters. That is bullshit return. Read up on BTC as much as you can an realize the problem it solves. You can stay home and stack cash. Travel is a meme, but you can still all in BTC and do it cheap.
IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO DO THE RIGHT THING.
>>57223348
Based.

>> No.57224451

4chan keeps giving me shitty spam filters. maybe simplifying my ideas now will work. keep money where is until I can manage it myself, keep house but maybe renovate and rent out. use passive income for cheap education and travel, building experience and soul searching for what I could do that also makes money. I'm thinking more something in geopolitics, and defense. someone in here mentioned think tank work, that sounded nice, mayne eventually defense contracirng or something, everything is wistfulat this point. crypto I will read on before dipping my toes, it sounds like the general consensus is btc and eth are at least safe investments and will go up, but I'm not YOLO'ing or putting most on crypto unless several anons post crypto portfolios.
I have a meeting with a successful family friend, setting up some more. I'll spend spring and hopefully summer with a mentorship, then I'll go out on my own and start my plans for education and travel.

thanks again all

>> No.57224465

>>57224451
think ID changed because I wasn't on my wifi

>> No.57224659

Congrats on the inheritance anon

$400k isn't enough to make it or even coast on until retirement. Highly advise you carry on as if you never had the money until you reach the point you can early retire. The money should double every 7 years on average. Contribute more and retirement in 40s is totally attainable.