[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 372 KB, 500x756, Analysis_Paralysis.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57159503 No.57159503 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /biz, recent newcomer to the crypto space here. I've been playing around with Solana the past few weeks and enjoying the seamless UX, the fractions of a fraction of a fraction of a penny gas fees and the 400 millisecond block times, but all my ETH maxi friends have been shaming me because it's basically just an SQL database run by SBF from his jail cell and spits in the face of decentralization and they made me promise to check out Ethereum's burgeoning L2 ecosystem which they say has made great strides in UX, speed and reduction of gas costs in the past year.

I've basically narrowed the list of L2s I want to explore down to Aevo, ApeX, Arbitrum Nova, Arbitrum One, Astar zkEVM, Aztec, Base, Blast, Boba Network, Brine, Canto, Canvas Connect, Capx, Debank Chain, DeGate V1, dYdX v3, Ethereum, Fuel, Fuel v1, GRVT, Honeypot (Cartesi), Immutable X, Immutable zkEVM, Kinto, Kroma, Linea, Loopring, Lyra, Manta Pacific, Mantle, Metal, Metis Andromeda, Mint, Mode Network, Molten Network, Morph, Myria, Obscuro, OP Mainnet, ORB3 Protocol, Palm, Paradex, Polygon Miden, Polygon PoS 2.0, Polygon zkEVM, Public Goods Network, rhino.fi, Scroll, Sorare, Starknet, StealthChain, Taiko, X1, Xai, XCHAIN, ZKFair, ZKSpace, ZkSync Era, zkSync Lite and Zora.

>> No.57159511
File: 326 KB, 558x357, Choice_Overload.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57159503
Now I just need to find a trustworthy bridge to move my assets over. I've been looking at Across, Allbridge Core, Altitude, Asterizm, Avalanche Bridge, Axelar, Base Bridge, Celer Bridge, Chainspot, Connext, deBridge, Electron zkBridge, Equito Finance, Eywa, Holograph, Hashport, Interport Finance, Jumper.Exchange, Layer Zero, LlamaSwap, LI.FI, Mantle Bridge, Mayan Finance, Meson, Multichain, Neuron, Nomad, Orbit Bridge, Orbiter Finance, Owlto Finance, PepeTeam Bridge, Pheasant Network, Piper Finance, Polygon zkEVM Bridge, Polyhedra Network, Portal, pNetwork, RBX, Rainbow Bridge, Router Protocol, Rubic, SafeSwap, Satellite, Squid, Stargate, Synapse, Symbiosis, Wanchain Bridge, Wrap Protocol, Wormhole and xDai Bridge.

Is there a particular one you can recommend that won't rug me or that works well in combination with one of my chosen L2s?

Many thanks.

>> No.57159854

>>57159511
Fuck off

>> No.57159973

>>57159503
>>57159511
lol
>>57159854
Absolutely malding

>> No.57159984

>>57159503
Buy one of each

>> No.57160411

>>57159503
>>57159511
Mass adoption wen?

>> No.57160449

>>57159503
There's just one little problem with your theory: the validators aren't selling. They have no reason to sell.

You see, gas costs don't actually represent the value of the work being done. They represent demand for blockspace. There is effectively NO COST for processing these transactions. So it's not a subsidy. Validators don't need to sell their rewards to stay online. They can just get richer and richer.

It's an infinite money glitch. Solana rises into the hundreds of billions of dollars, people keep flocking to the token because number go up. The validators all become billionaires and eventually trillionaieres, and that value is real, because they are the ones securing the most valuable, most used blockchain on the planet.

Solana was always the chosen one. Why do you think all these VCs attached themselves to it?

>> No.57160469

>>57160449

What?

>> No.57162368

staking rewards have to go down a lot and transaction fees have to go up a lot or it's not sustainable

>> No.57162403

>>57159503
L2s are just as centralized as SOL. ETH overall is centralized. All PoS shitchains are centralized scams.