[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 28 KB, 702x478, f325581f9612cdc77538f205e66a3d3f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
57109548 No.57109548 [Reply] [Original]

relative (2020) newfag looking for advice
i want to (better) understand crypto.
not just the markets (them too) but the actual technology and the narratives.
there is so much obvious paid hype and garbage information on CT / youtube that i don't know where to focus / how to sift good information / what to give a fuck about and its overwhelming.
for a macro sense of wtf is going on i find i get the most through osmosis by just lurking biz, but obviously i'm also not really getting much solid information this way either. i want to expand my knowledge so i have a better sense of whats going on.
want to set myself up for the highest possible gains in the coming 24+ months and it feels like a better understanding will help.
i have been invested since 2020 but didn't bother to read whitepapers / do much research at the time. was just desperate to get in ASAP in hopes of catching a number go up.
any wise oldfags willing to share some wisdom / pointers? how did you educate yourself when you got in?
thanks in advance

t. poorfag musician willing to learn and in need of a break

>> No.57109558

>>57109548
You type like a musician

>> No.57109566

>>57109558
tips on how to type like a succesful biz degen also welcome

>> No.57109577

bitcoin is the only non-shitcoin. link is a leveraged bet on smart contracts taking off. privacy coins always perform poorly. That’s probably all you need to know, feel free to gamble on flavor of the week shitcoins when the market is really popping again but be aware of liquidity issues.

>> No.57109618

>>57109548
headlines drive the market like keywords drive web traffic. Gauge the fear and the mania as what they are, and look for the facts. Avoid lying to yourself. You have to be real as the numbers. This isnt a game. But you can win. I like to find trends. Chinese bank news may seem stupid and boring and may even seem irrelevant, but what happens over there, matters over here. From Beijing to Switzerland to Atlanta. Also the little things have the butterfly effect sometimes. Just remember to stick to the facts. Dont fool yourself.

>> No.57109646
File: 56 KB, 640x640, standard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>57109548
I had a frame of reference for understanding and appreciating bitcoin prior to getting anything, that of being libertarian nerd who would read about Austrian econ school stuff. I never learned much from biz, I always just came here for entertainment. You seem to already know biz isn't good for learning, and yet you ask this? Go read books and listen to deep dive podcasts. Start with developing a good understanding of bitcoin and why it has been the top dog since it was invented. Its the step that normies skip over out of baseless pride.

>> No.57109650

>>57109618
also because i think i sound like a boomer not being more specific, but arch models, stock discussion boards, and reputable news ( and sometimes the least reputable and sometimes vile) can be used to make a late night coke induced call options. Learn to predict first. Dont watch the youtubers unless they are showing you algorithms and interviews. Its just echo chambering.