[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 97 KB, 600x532, IMG_8505.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56949396 No.56949396 [Reply] [Original]

24 year old bong here

I’m at a point in my life where I really need to learn a new skill or trade in a relatively short amount of time, or else life will probably get very dark for me.

It’s a long shot asking /biz/ but it would mean a lot if anons could share some advice or career ideas I could explore.

>> No.56949414

>>56949396
Oi m8 you got a loicense?

>> No.56949415

>>56949396
I don't know

>> No.56949450

>>56949396
Bong here too.
This is too broad, what have you done already, do you have any particular skills or aptitudes?
What's the rush, and how much money do you need to make?

>> No.56949462

>>56949396
embrace the darkness my child. yesss, YESSS

>> No.56949508

>>56949396
yeah you have about 4 more years to learn something valuable. if youre like most people, your brain will age and by 28 learning new things will be much harder than it was before.

you ever meet a 30+ year old going back to school? they seem kinda dumb.

SO this is your last chance. you were a fuck up all through high school. even after high school, you maybe had some friends that tried to motivate you to do something with your life, right? youre now 24 and none of that worked. conclusion: youre a loser. you need chemical help now because its all or nothing. get on some adderall and get so wired you have to do something. if you dont do something, then yeah might as well die now because it will only get harder.

>> No.56949528
File: 5 KB, 250x243, 1678688671449522s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56949414
kek

>> No.56949582

whatever you decide on it should be a role that requires a physical presence to complete the task, something that can't be outsourced internationally or automated via software.
Off the top of my head:
- b2b sales
- on location IT support
- network deployment engineer
- network electrician
- tiler
- concrete floor grinder
- event technician (audio / video)
- most trades, plumber, electrician, carpenter
- tour guide

Also avoid industries where the barrier to entry is being lowered by technological improvements in mainstream devices, photographer, graphic designer translater, etc.

>> No.56949618

>>56949450
I have a mechanical engineering qualification from college but it’s been so long it’s practically useless now.
I’ve only really done factory work since I left college and it’s kept me afloat but its dead end work and I need something more stable.
>What's the rush, and how much money do you need to make?
I just need a stable career that I can keep moving forward with, the wage doesn’t have to be great but I’d like to be earning £30,000 at least after 2 years or so.

>> No.56949701

>>56949618
Is that a level 3 qual? I'm a few years older than you so I don't know if those terms have changed. But yeah, I'd probably consider that you're working from scratch.
Most of these >>56949582 ideas are decent, doing those trades mentioned (via an apprenticeship I guess?) are safe choices. It would probably take a few years, but if you end up being a self-employed plumber or electrician mainly working on people's homes you could make way more than £30k.
Sales is a pretty good career in general if you have the touch and can find someone to give you a chance, but most 4chan posters aren't the most charismatic people kek.

>> No.56949723

>>56949508
Are you functionally retarded or just a gorilla nigger? Most people 30+ don’t go back to school because they already have an established career, family, kids, and an adult life. Wtf would they go back to school? Not to mention school is for retards who have to pay someone to make them smart to begin with.

>> No.56949725

>>56949396
You have to go be a bricklayer

>> No.56949762

>>56949701
Yeah it’s level 3, the biggest mistake I made financially was not taking a CNC machinist apprenticeship in college, but I was a degenerate mdma sniffing cunt back then.
I could try to do something with my qualification now but everything I learned feels like a distant memory at this point.
I do actually have a family member on my girls side who’s offered me a carpentry job if I can learn the trade but from what I’ve seen courses can take 2 years and I’d basically be stuck in limbo hell financially

>> No.56949775

>>56949725
I guessed that brickies wouldn't make £30k but apparently the median pay is £39k. So that will work for you OP, but you probably want to have an escape route for when you get too old to do physical work like that all day.
That's where being a plumber or electrician would be better; if would obviously take time and work, but there's a clear path from you running an individual plumbing business to mainly booking appointments and marketing, and having some juniors doing most of the actual plumbing. But if you're 24 you have a ton of time to build a setup like that before you'll want to ease of physical work.

>> No.56949788

painting is pretty easy to get started with although it doesn't pay very well
you can talk to other trades and pick up other skills along the way
drywall is similar

>> No.56949819

>>56949762
>I’d basically be stuck in limbo hell financially
That might be something you need to do for a better life down the road.
You have a whole lot of life left after 26, and it's worth eating some shit now to improve things for the long term, if it means you'd start moving in the right direction.

>> No.56949853

>>56949723
>Not to mention school is for retards
very edgy. opinion discarded

>> No.56949881

>>56949396
I'm 28 and have literally nothing, not even a high school degree, even though I got tested at 16 when I dropped out at 120IQ. I feel so insanely depressed that it's hard to have basic hygiene and take care of myself. I basically lay in bed all day scrolling on my phone. I've lost contact with my family. I've lost contact with all my friends I had. Was a kissless virgin until 27 when a social worker relieved me. It's unbelievably grim. Most people don't even come close in their life to the mental suffering and agony I feel each day, the hopeleness, the loneliness, the darkness.. it's almost too much to bear.

Please take whichever opportunities you get, the darkness will eat you alive. Once your soul is in the quicksand it gets so hard to get out. I could theoretically make something out of myself but I struggle to shower twice a week and make a proper meal for myself at least once a week. It's insane how deep you can fall if you let yourself. If I didn't have crypto I would unironically be homeless and drug addicted right now.