[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.44 MB, 450x472, waning_sadness.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
567995 No.567995 [Reply] [Original]

Is it possible to make money on the side fixing computers? I work as a computer technician now but I am afraid to do free lance stuff. Like if I try to fix something and break it.. I am fucked.

What type of free lance stuff do you guys do for extra money and how to manage it? I need to rake in some extra cash and a real part time job is not possible because of my full time job hours.

I work tuesday-saturday 9am-6pm. Where would I be able to fit a part time job into that crap schedule?

>> No.568003

bump

>> No.568029

No, it's not possible in your situation (available hours, etc.). However, you're willing to work on a Sunday, which not everyone is willing to do. You can probably grab random shifts at a corner store or something.

>> No.568078

I don't see why you can't just offer to fix people's computers for money and take them home with you to fix.

>> No.568081

>>568078

thats scary though.... I mean, I hate liability. Like what if I give it back to them fixed and then a week later they say "WHATEVER YOU DID SCREWED SOMETHING ELSE UP!"

>> No.568101

>>567995

lol wtf do people get their computers "fixed" anymore? What is this 1989? Everything is on the cloud so I really doubt you'll be getting much business.

>> No.568107

>>568101
>do people get their computers "fixed" anymore?

Yes. And they pay for it. Please come to the realization that most people aren't edgy geeks.

>> No.568115

>>568101

do you know how much bloatware random retards download to their computer? I work in a university IT department and students bring us their laptops all the time for the craziest shit. Crazy amounts of third party bloatware.. viruses that encrypt your drive and the only way to unlock it is to pay some guy in brazil 100 USD or some shit(HAH).

>> No.568144

>>568107
>>568115

are you both literally niggers? I understand people fuck up their computers, but the solution is just buying a new one. Apple makes it so easy to just buy a new computer and log in to your account and everything is there.

>> No.568783

>>568081
make them sign a contract.

>> No.568994
File: 15 KB, 339x354, buyvickssuckdicks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Buy Vicks vaporrub ($10 worth) and smear it on your lips, then offer guys blowjobs so their dicks tingle when you suck them off. Soon word spreads that these blowjobs are special and as long as you don't charge too high a price you can straight dominate the market. Advertise with catchy slogans such as "Anyone can suck dicks, but only he has the Vicks"

You might actually be able to just drop out of school and do this full time if you're smart about it - you're welcome by the way

>> No.569016

>>568144
Spoiled child detected.
Enjoy spending all your parents money while you can, once they die it's a ticking clock because you're too stupid to know how to make more money than you spend.

>> No.569048

>>568994
What is to stop your competition from just buying Vicks too? I wouldn't suggest this strategy OP unless you are an exceptional dicksucker already.

>> No.570415

>>567995
Build high end pc's sell them on eBay for profit

>> No.570453

Offer to build custom computers / custom at-home solutions for people. Charge $20+ an hour. Wont get you alot of work but it'll do for a few bucks here and there and would look nice on the resume.

An example: my dad needs an office setup. The comp has to be fast and Windows 10 ready, but it doesnt need large amounts of storage or top of the line speed. There is printer/fax/copy/scan, VPN / office / some other software, and dual monitor with third monitor self-installation option for the future. Of course he needs the latest updates plus an acceptable antivirus package. His budget is under $800 for parts. It would be easier for him to pay a guy $100 to do it all than for him to figure it out. Plus fuck buying shitty prebuilts.

>> No.570461

>>570453
Oh and a major stipulation is noise. The computer has to be extremely quiet since he is on the phone alot. That means laptop HDD or SSD, a good fan, and no major power draws that would require more fans.

>> No.570540

>>568081
If you hate liability just setup an LLC for your business you won't have much to worry about then.