[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 379 KB, 1300x866, 0AE88CDB-A592-4ACB-9459-34F0D440E554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56796972 No.56796972 [Reply] [Original]

Central banks are responsible for maintaining the financial stability of a country, if unemployment is high the central bank stimulates the economy, if inflation is high the central bank cools the economy.
>b-b-but muh currency value keeps going down!!!
There's nothing wrong with that, currencies are a medium of exchange not a store of value.
You're supposed to invest that money in the economy to generate returns and keep your purchasing power (or hoard gold and Bitcoin if you're an antisocial retard).

Countries without their own central bank lose this stabilising ability (see every eurozone country except germany and every dollarized country).

Maintaning purchasing power is not the job of a central bank and it never was, what happened in countries like argentina and turkey was that their central banks were not doing their jobs correctly, responsible central banks like the Fed, the ECB and the BOJ, you don't see hyperinflation with their currencies for a reason.

>> No.56796982

>>56796972
central banking and the enslavement of mankind is a good book

>> No.56796987

>>56796972
Get in the oven kike

>> No.56796999

>>56796972
>central are banks are responsible for maintaining financial stability
Stopped reading right there please go read a book OP

>> No.56797028

>>56796972
True and finance101-pilled. The fact that most crypto bros don't undetstand this makes me question the whole industry.

>> No.56797119
File: 19 KB, 128x128, 580030188038127644.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56796972
shut up keynesian kike
those central banks then supress the price of gold with paper derivatives to make sure people can't preserve their purchasing power, hopefully bitcoin is better at avoiding this faith with the blockchain but we will see
central banks should do what's in the interest of the people, and it isn't in people's interest to have to gamble their savings just to try to mantain their purchasing power
>m-muh stimulating the economy
if a sector or an industry is worth investing people would do it even without inflation, but this kike system forces everyone to gamble their savings away and the banksters know damn well that most people will lose because the average joe isn't a hedge fund with 600 nerds doing research all day what to invest in

>> No.56797438
File: 464 KB, 1080x1350, 1667032083.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56797119
>shut up keynesian kike
Anyone who disagrees = jew/kike/shalom etc.

>those central banks then supress the price of gold with paper derivatives to make sure people can't preserve their purchasing power
Nice script. Gold has worked very well at preserving purchasing power and it's literally at an ATH. People can preserve their purchasing power perfectly fine, most don't because they probably don't even know what purchasing power means.

>hopefully bitcoin is better at avoiding this faith with the blockchain but we will see
You have no idea how gay your digi-coin fetish is to actual adult civilians. Whether you like it or not, their opinions on the matter are important.

>central banks should do what's in the interest of the people
If the central bank system is so bad what is your solution, so curious. Inb4 bitcoin global reserve currency kek.

>> No.56798104

>>56796972
Yeah I'm from Argentina and I'm afraid that Milei is going to destroy the central Bank, I mean no one really trusts it here, you have to save on crypto and physical dollars with the "blue dollar" thing. I'm a bit scared because I'm almost a slave and have to take care of my mother who has dementia and diabetes, idk what it's going to happen to the healthcare if the public spending is reduced and the central bank is gone, it's a terrible idea and it makes me very sad to think what could happen to the health of my mom. I'm also scared that he will make university private because I wanted to study next year

Good thing is that Milei is going to be an example to the world if this libertarian experiment works for a country, I feel bad that it has to be mine who is going to be the test subject, because if it fails most of us are going to get really really destroyed, why couldn't it be experimented somewhere else...

>> No.56798199

>>56798104
> I'm a bit scared because I'm almost a slave
You always were, so what does it matter?

>> No.56798202

>>56796987
Arguments: 0

>> No.56798246

>>56798202
An argument might be required if Argentina hasn’t already fallen apart despite already having a central bank