[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.04 MB, 1104x1011, IMG_6801.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56556434 No.56556434 [Reply] [Original]

My dad is deep in the Adventist cult. The more I talk to him to try to see his side and explain mine the more hopeless I get.

>> No.56556900

No posting on sabbath

>> No.56556912

>>56556900
That's why he posted it today, he doesn't have to worry about his dad seeing it

>> No.56556950

>>56556434
What is your side and his side?
By Adventist you mean he thinks Christ is coming back immediately? Or

>> No.56556981

>>56556950
His side = adventist lifestyle is the right way. My side = adventist lifestyle is destructive unless you don’t care about other people. And I mean Seventh Day Adventist.

>> No.56557120

>>56556981
What does he do that makes it destructive?

>> No.56557182

>>56557120
He wants his dad to suck dick on Saturday but his dad says he needs a day off cuz 7 days of dick sucking is too much.

>> No.56557219

7 day adventists is a cult? How?

>> No.56557637

>>56557120
One thing is he basically sees everyone who isn’t Adventist as evil and raised his kids to see people that way. Try holding a job, having a social network/gf when you think everyone’s out to get you. I had to whitepill myself to have a more nuanced view. A lot of things like that that cripple you if you don’t realize what’s going on. One of my siblings is a drug addict who can barely hold a job. Another is basically a 10 year old in a 30 year old’s body.
He doesn’t know shit about his kids. Instead he basically projects whatever he needs us to be onto us. I could be a good guy one moment and be arrogant because I got a promotion the next. Shit like that. And he’ll never change his mind cause in his head God shows him what’s right.

>> No.56557656

>>56557219
There seems to be some variation with how independent some churches and areas are but it’s a pretty high-control religion that doesn’t encourage independent thinking. In my experience the answer is yes cause it definitely fucked me and my family up but some people had less bad experiences with it.

>> No.56557796
File: 1.03 MB, 1515x837, IMG_2178.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56557637
Sounds like he needs to get out of revelation and into the gospel. Being an Adventist is surely difficult being that you believe Jesus is coming back very soon (which he is) but remind him of this:

1But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be [a]sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.

11Therefore [b]comfort each other and [c]edify one another, just as you also are doing.

Focus on the gospel. I was raised catholic and now identify as a Christian only, I can only imagine what it’s like not being born again as an Adventist. Yes the programming will make you see everything as evil. Be patient with him and learn from his mistakes.

If the Bible catches his attention then help him to see the log is his eye, while praying for God to reveal the Log in yours. Just do it humbly.

>> No.56557821

>>56557796
If the Bible catches his attention, then make your points to him using that is what I meant to say*

Good luck anon.