[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.21 MB, 1234x1024, pepe unccysam.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56449816 No.56449816 [Reply] [Original]

Forget about your silly internet money for a minute. Lets talk about your new job as a self-taught software developer. I bet you didn't even know you had it in you. Now that you've applied for a small business license as a sole trader and paid all associated setup fees, you're rearing to get stuck into your new remote freelance role. What's this? You've got mail in your business contact email? They must have been swayed by your carefully curated github portfolio and personal website that you made and hosted via the many affordable third party hosters available. Well now, they are offering you a very lucrative contract. They want you to create a new cryptocurrency. Wow. After a few minutes of server archived back-and-forwards, you ascertain their requirements and agree to a delivery window. Like many other coders, you simply copy and paste some other shitcoin from github as a starting base. With just a few changes, your new crypto is certainly shaping up and your client is going to be very pleased. There was something off about him. His writing style seemed rather familiar, very close to home as it were and he seemed to use a rather strange email address that you cannot place. You put all these wild imaginings aside, knuckle down and get to work...

1/2

>> No.56449825
File: 45 KB, 481x500, 5a6ec35307d425a0f8ea1b8e975e63f4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56449816
After 200 hours of long arduous work on the code, it's ready to be shipped. You draft up an invoice and send it off to your client stating that you have finally finished your masterpiece, avoidcoin, with amount payable at the rate of $47 per hour of work on the project. Then, as is the standard in the cutting edge crypto industry, our client sends you some bitcoin equivalent to your invoiced amount. You notice that for some reason the wallet he is using only has bitcoin in it, and not a large amount either. It seems the wallet was only recently created. But, who are you to question corporate business procedures. Now, you can file away all your invoices and correspondence and add another accomplishment to your github portfolio. Surely it will only be a matter of time before you attract another lucrative contract. You then cash out of this silly monopoly money and pay income tax like a normal person, because after all, you are a normal person, working a normal remote programming job being paid an industry standard wage.

Im sorry I completely forgot what the topic of the thread was. I seem to have lost my train of thought.

2/2

>> No.56449831

>>56449825
>>56449816
Paying taxes is ethical. Simple as

>> No.56449840

>>56449831
For stuff like road maintenance, sure. For boomer ass medicare that I won't even get when I'm old, nah

>> No.56449841

I live in a country that actually has functional public services (healthcare, education, sanitation, mass transit) and a government that doesn’t just exist to prop up defense contractors and oil companies so I don’t mind paying taxes.

>> No.56449897

>>56449841
must be an asian

>> No.56450540

>>56449816
You should pay your taxes, only under duress of the firearms of the republic