[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 59 KB, 540x563, b5a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56419784 No.56419784 [Reply] [Original]

Is "pricing analyst" at a fortune 100 company a good job for a new graduate to start a corporate career?

>> No.56419913

>>56419784
Yes. You will likely get a lot of exposure to to upper middle to senior management & if one of them likes you decent chance they take you under their wing. If you play the cards right it will be rocket fuel for your career.

I started as an acquisition analyst for a real estate developer & my division VP liked me a lot so when he got promoted to a regional role he panicked & offered to bump my pay a fuck ton for me to leave current role & to be a sr biz analyst (essentially just his private analyst) & now 2 years out of college I’m regularly flying private with him to his meetings just in off chance he needs a scenario ran asap. Went from $65k to $150k plus 20-30% bonus in LCoL Deep South. Should become a vp in a year or so, base salary won’t change much probably only $200k but cash bonus will go to 50% with up to another 50% in stock based. The only downside is he just doesn’t get tired & the travel can be demanding (meet him at airplane hanger at 4:30am routinely).

Big corpo life is like playing on easy mode if you have IQ of 110+ bc the average wagie there is a lazy overweight femoid with a 95 IQ.

>> No.56419922

>>56419913
>Big corpo life is like playing on easy mode if you have IQ of 110+ bc the average wagie there is a lazy overweight femoid with a 95 IQ
could not be truer; the bar ain’t low but it ain’t exactly high either

>> No.56420514

I imagine you could eventually promote to "senior pricing analyst" but where can you go from there? It sounds like a narrow focus.