[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 46 KB, 700x641, 1660962491405733.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56418060 No.56418060 [Reply] [Original]

Is crypto just an open ponzi scheme?

>> No.56418183

>>56418060
yes
that is why bitcoin was designed to be deflationary, the number was designed to go up
it was a cia project to fund black ops and also honeypot retards who think its 'anonymous'
same with tor

>> No.56418198

idk but the bull run has officially started! get in now!

>> No.56418199

>>56418060
No anon, a Ponzi is where people deposit a lump sum with you for investment and you give them a return every year. They're happy with the return as it's always above market and and they believe they can withdraw their capital at any time and/or are growing their capital by reinvesting. But you never invested any of their money in the first place, you pay their returns to them with their own money. If you get enough people, you can juggle around the capital you've accumulated to give to the few people who can't be talked out of withdrawing at some future point. The only way this collapses is if too many people ask for their money back at once or you die or you get found out.
Crypto is nothing like that. Similarly, crypto is not a pyramid scheme. In a pyramid scheme you start a club and charge people money to join. Once they join you tell them they can earn money themselves by getting more people to join. Usually it's under the guise of "membership" which gives you access to cheap products. So something like cleaning supplies. Pay me $100 to join my club which gives you access to cheap cleaning supplies oh but not just that, for every member you refer that also pays $100 to join, I will give you $10. And for every member your referred member refers and pays me $100, I'll pay you $5. So it's this trickle down system that just transfers money around.
Crypto is somewhat similar except that the profit comes not from staying a member but from exiting as a member. So you still have the club membership (dogshitinuobama etc), you still have the first members making the most, you still have the recruiting factor BUT there's a slightly more sinister aspect in that you need to offload your initial buy in to someone in order to profit. It's not always win/lose though because that person can pull the same game - buying from you and handing the bag off later to someone else for a higher price. In the end though someone has to lose or the whole thing doesn't work.

>> No.56418231

>>56418199
It is a pump and dump, son. Nothing new, there's always a bigger fool... until there isn't.