[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 25 KB, 600x454, 1670214865382760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56411290 No.56411290 [Reply] [Original]

How do I buy/store gold properly?

I want to have a way to store money/value, that is sort of hedge against the global system, not paper nor internet vapor. However, up to this point Ive been hesitant about gold. Some things that keeps me on the fence:
>small chance that the company that sells you the gold, sells you golden coated copper
>small chance you gonna get pulled onto national register. The gobmint might try to commandeer the gold during war. Organized crime might get ahold of the index, and in a not so distant future, pay you a visit.
>if you bury it in the forest, there is a chance somebody might find it.
>if you have paranoia (just like 4chan users have), then you might hide it well enough that the gold will effectively be lost. I still consider that this gold might be useful during the time of emergency, my family or perhaps in the future, my kids, need to be able to get it. I might die, or I might become incapacitated, and I still need to be able to have access to it.
>the storage needs to be far away from the hand of the law

How do you solve these issues?

>> No.56411325

>>56411290
Sounds like a pain in the ass when I could just buy gold-pegged "stable" coins

>> No.56411348

>>56411325
>gold-pegged "stable" coins
some of those are not pegged enough, some of those could be stolen by your vendor or financial crysis

>> No.56411392
File: 68 KB, 640x550, 1685643855406267.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why do /biz/ is constantly busy with crypto bs, while the real topics are slided into oblivion, is beyond me

>> No.56411690

>>56411290
how about buying some gold etf?

>> No.56411855

>>56411290
>the storage needs to be far away from the hand of the law
Just kill the police when they try to steal your gold.
When the global system fails they aren't going tp be much better than a large gang anyway.
You seem to want a physical asset without any of the resonsibility.

>> No.56411899

>>56411290
If you have your own house, you have a decoy safe with a token amount of valuables somewhere, then bury the real shit in the floors or the walls or some place that's a pain in the ass to get to. Most importantly don't tell anyone you have it.

>> No.56411905

can you not buy gold anonymously? I can just walk into a coin shop and buy shit without having to ID myself up to a certain amount. and if that's not a possibility you could buy second hand. yes its far more risky but checking if gold/silver is real is not a problem if the seller is willing to make the transaction in person. and if they don't want you to test before you buy you simply don't buy.
and once you have the gold you hide it well and never talk about it. easy