[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 57 KB, 460x460, IMG_2750.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56393545 No.56393545 [Reply] [Original]

Everyone on /biz/ always likes to talk about the drudgeries of wage slavery, and how much they hate their job. For a change of pace lets have a thread about your favorite or best job you have ever had.
>Blockbuster Video
>2002 to 2005
>10 free movie rentals per week
>Access to new releases a week before their release date
>Got to play San Andreas a week before it was released
>Worked with people who were obsessed with films, which I loved at the time
>Manager didn’t care if gf came to visit during my shift
>Made lifelong friends there
Honestly, it was only minimum wage but it was the best work environment and coworkers I have ever had. I have a few friend still from those days and we all agree that it was the best place we ever worked. Every 90s nostalgia thread where they show Blockbuster reminds me of the time I spent working there.
Did any other anons ever have a job like this? It never felt like work. And now my job, which pays infinitely more, feels like a chore every day.

>> No.56393981

>>56393545
cant say i did no

>> No.56393990

>>56393981
I think I was lucky in that I managed to have one enjoyable job in my life. Every other one has been painful in comparison.

>> No.56394424

Bump for comfy thread.

>> No.56394519

>>56393545
>royal mail parcel sorter (christmas temporary job when I was a student)
>did absolutely nothing all shift as even the managers were temporary and didnt give a fuck, they just let the packages backlog the whole facility and we sorted them as slow as possible
>played cricket with clingfilm wrap and balls of clingfilm, went on two hour breaks
>everyone showed up to work either high or drunk
>mixture of students using it for temp work and bottom of the barrel retards, even some cute girls
>stood around chatting shit with like minded retards
>parcel split open and revealed a bunch of amazon gift cards, felt like grand theft auto getting them out of the site with the boys
>wizzed around on wheeled cages
>weirdly positive atmosphere becase everyone was in the same boat working there
>amazing pay for what it was
still in touch with one of the guys from there. Im sad I have a corporate desk job and wont get a chance to piss about like that at a job again. closest I get is occasionally working from home and goofing off. only job that I can honestly say was fun. any UK students reading this, I reccomend you go do that on your christmas breaks.

>> No.56394992
File: 148 KB, 750x746, 1618235383347.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56393545
My current wfh desk-jockey gov finance job is by far the best job I have ever had and likely ever will.

I still hate it. Needing to pass the time while waiting for emails to come in got me legitimately addicted to the internet (grew up sheltered). 10 more years until I can smash my router with a baseball bat and go back to enjoying life.

>> No.56395063

>>56393545
>lifeguard in high school at beach club (NOT public - very important)
>hang out on beach and look at hot women
>hour on hour off because you need to be alert
>never have to save anyone (kids all took lessons)
>saving people is easy anyways (swim out with torpedo, grab on to them, others pull rope in)
>get a nice tan all day
if you want to replicate this look for jobs as beach managers at private clubs. You just boss around high school lifeguards and bus boys and have to intimidate children into not running on the deck. Easy and comfy job. RIP to my old boss.

>> No.56395088
File: 16 KB, 433x384, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56393545
current job is comfy
>senior accountant, fully remote
>$88k base + 10% bonus
>boss trusts me to get shit done
>work probably 20-30 hours a week
downside is that remote accounting jobs are very difficult to get these days, so i don't dare move rural.... which means i need to find a job that pays $120-140k a year if i ever want to afford a house.
>D0VAX

>> No.56396815

Fast food worker in a beach boardwalk amusement park
>Worked with a bunch of cool young ppl
>We had workers from the local University and other parts of the world Asia, Jamaica, eastern Europe, Ireland, etc (they actually motivated me to travel and I've been a /trv/ fag ever since.
>We all threw parties and had bonfires on the beach
>One year in and I became a restaurant lead. It was the supervisor along with 4/5 other leads
>Then immediately more girls started crushing on me it was actually insane seeing them all compete for me.
>Would make out with them in the freezer/storage room
>I would have them give me back rubs.
>Literally felt like a fucking king.
>I would probably still be a virgin if it wasn't for that job.
>Those years were the best of my life.
>Supervisor who we all loved eventually quit because he was moving out of state
>After that the vibe just went bad and little by little we all quit.
>Supervisor would still come and visit once a year and we'd all hang out
>Hadn't seen him since before the pandemic.
>Found out Monday that he'd died Sunday evening
;_; miss you bro

>> No.56396938
File: 1.42 MB, 1536x2048, LRM_EXPORT_20191208_133227.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

State Park Maintenance
>It was summer break and I was looking for a job
>One of my best friends works at a state park
>Ask him if they're hiring
>They are. Meet supervisor who was super chill. Gives me job right away.
>Got to work with my best friend and another long time friend.
>Eventually hired other friends and some cousins of mine.
>The only job where I looked forward to work.
The morning work was actually kinda shitty because it was literally janny work. But after you finished depending on the day you were pretty much free to do whatever you want.
>We'd all just go out on hikes
>My favorite was actually going out in the middle of the redwood forest alone in the rain.
>This job made me appreciate being /out/ and made me a morning person. (Nothing beats seeing the sunrise while drinking coffee)
>Eventually my best friend gets a promotion and is transfered elsewhere
>Same with my supervisor
>Get new supervisor
>He seemed ok at first but we slowly figured out that he's a micromanaging bi polar psycho
>Rest of my buds leave
>Work fucking sucks now and I dread it.
>There are still some fun dies here and there but a lot more rare
>Can't really stand the ppl that I work with any longer
I also got a promotion last year and I was wanting to transfer to where my friend is working but I don't think it's going to happen.
Good thing about this job is that it's seasonal so I get three months off a year and I can travel...but still these last few months where a pain and I feel so over this job I actually will probably quit.

>> No.56397523

Working for a part-time yakiniku in saitama
Im sorry i lied about my internship boss but i was too lazy to work, but i honestly loved your store and everyone in it.
I sincerely hope your business stays afloat and one day i will visit it and spend a lot of money when im rich

>> No.56398040

>>56393545
Budtender at dispensary
>easy job
>mostly chill customers
>free bags of weed every 2 weeks ($150-$200 value)
>hot women who are easy to talk to as coworkers and customers
>enough tips to pay for gas and food that day

>> No.56398079

cooked at a restaurant, such fond memories, abundance of cute waitresses and free food, listening to music during your shift and looking at prime ass, occasionally getting to bang one

>> No.56398105
File: 649 KB, 2589x1869, BellPeppersNBeef.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm a mechanic.
What would I be doing if I was rich?...
I'd... still be a mechanic.
*shrug*

>> No.56398110

>>56393545
funny how this is an actual comfy organic thread and not just designed by CIA troons to demoralize and enrage.

>> No.56398177
File: 96 KB, 1116x610, IMG_1330.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56398110
That’s why we need to bump this thread

>> No.56398215
File: 8 KB, 250x250, 1689293261664183s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>56393545
zoomer bros don't understand how utopian the whole video rental experience used to be.
Yes I am a 30+ year old man posting cartoon frogs.

>> No.56398277

Anthony worked at a graveyard ? That would be a comfy and easy low stress job wouldn't it

>> No.56398295

>>56398277
Anyone*