[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 45 KB, 600x530, shdf234234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56298039 No.56298039 [Reply] [Original]

>buy new car
>hate it
>if I sell it now, out $9k due to depreciation
>if I keep it I have to pay $900/mo (payment + insurance + maintenance) for the next 5 years.
should I just cut my losses now or keep it until the deprecation flat lines and sell it after a few years?

>> No.56298829

Cut losses
Sell
ride

>> No.56300300

>>56298039
Do the latter you need a reliable vehicle and with inflation that's only 1 SD off from median.

>> No.56301392

>sell it to a crackhead two states over
>tell everyone it got stolen

>> No.56301723

>if I sell it now, out $9k
No, you're out 9k whether you sell it or not. Its a sunk cost. You're not getting that cash back now, even if you keep the car. It is irrational to factor sunk costs into decision making. The only thing worth considering now is whether you prefer having the car, or the cash you could now get for it. If you'd rather have the cash, then sell it.
Also, if you're considering selling it back to a dealer, you should probably consider selling it yourself on places like Facebook marketplace. You should be able to get a lot more than the trade-in value that any dealership will offer.

>> No.56301802

How do you hate your car anon didn't you test drive it or did you just buy it like a dumb nigger