[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 90 KB, 1773x1773, Pepe-shooting-himself.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
56053561 No.56053561 [Reply] [Original]

I am about to make the biggest decision of my life. I am considering joining the Army Reserves for a top-secret clearance. Will the Top Secret Clearance get me a good job in the private/federal/contractor side with minimal experience? I am willing to do anything.

Also would being in the reserves get in the way of me getting a good job or would it only make it harder for me when I am interviewing, since i have to explain that I have to go away weekend a month.

Anyone who has experience in the reserves or knows about Top Security please help. I am on the final step and they expect me to enlist on next Tuesday
I will have BA+MBA+TS Clearance + Comptia Certs once I am done with all this. am I fucking up, or will there be $$$ after my year AIT Training?

>> No.56053608

TS SCI w/ poly will set you up for cushy overpaid jobs right off the bat, especially in IT. I have a public trust and am making 160k

Cons:
>have to renew often
>international travel is a pain
>clearance process is a pain
>forced to live/work in the DMV for bulk of jobs

>> No.56053621

>>56053608
Hey Anon. Thank you for answering. But would a remote job be possible if I have a Top Security Clearance if the demand for them is so high? And would joining the reserves be a good choice if my current job options are total shit?

>> No.56053622

>>56053561
Probably worth it and you'll also probably be able to front run the markets with your Intel. I am biased against joining the military but in your case, it sounds like a good endeavor.

>> No.56053665

>>56053621
No, you won’t find a fully remote job since you’re dealing with sensitive govt networks. You might find one that needs you to be onsite 2-3 days a week though

I work as a federal contractor so I don’t have an answer for your other question

If you live in the DMV you can try applying for cleared jobs and ask if they’ll sponsor your clearance, that way you can avoid the military. The only requirements are you need to be a US citizen and not do drugs

>> No.56053684

>>56053561
My ex-wife did this very thing and it worked out great actually; also had her Master's. Now makes about $120k with quite a relaxed job.
If you don't mind the idea of basic and AIT and think you can make it through and deal with the monthly training, I say go ahead.

>> No.56053759

>>56053561
Despite the /pol/ tier rhetoric about being a ZOGbot, military experience is almost always viewed favorably by employers. I will assume you are only looking at the officer corps but as long as you can get a security clearance it’s still a good move. A significant number of jobs in the military-intelligence-industrial field require a clearance and generally depend on the military to provide it. Also it’s illegal for employers to discriminate against you based on reservist status. Not saying they won’t, just saying you could cash in a huge settlement check. I trained with a guy who was a reservist that turned his security clearance into a gig with Booz Allen Hamilton, he does fuck all and hammers checks. Enjoy basic, fag.

>> No.56053987

Lol just do it OP and quit being a pussy. Who cares what anyone on some anonymous tranny site thinks you should do. It’s your life. That being said, I don’t know how old you are but if you’re older, expect to be treated like a 17 year old dumbass with barely any knowledge of how things work because that’s the majority of who you’re going to be training with wherever you go to BCT. Also, if you can, get a ship date for the winter time. Pretty much anywhere you go in the summertime is going to be miserable and you don’t need the excess shit. You can at least make yourself warm from the cold, ain’t shit you can do about the heat.