[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 49 KB, 780x438, 4dfsg3ertdrt45t.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55962854 No.55962854 [Reply] [Original]

I've got around 100-150k euros to invest. If I were an "average" person, I think I'd buy an apartment and enjoy a monthly income of 350/400 euros with minimal hassle, provided I'm lucky/skilled enough to find reliable tenants who pay. I already have a property that brings in rental income, so I know what I'm talking about. However, my dream is to buy some land, plant fruit trees and a variety of vegetables, legumes, and grains. I'd focus on sustainability and seek out ancient and rare varieties. This way, if it becomes an income source, I'd have a business model different from competitors who might just aim for the lowest price without considering quality. The main reason I'd want to do this is for food self-sufficiency and my love for nature. Do you think I'm crazy and should drop the idea? Thanks.

>> No.55963148

>>55962854
Have you done more than just dreaming?
Growing a consistent stock is difficult to learn, I can imagine "rare and ancient" varieties even more so. You need to find good land, with a decent infrastructure, and learn to master it.

Is it a passion? Then you would already be growing whatever you can in your current place, and reading everything you can about the topic. Is it just a dream? Then keep dreaming it, I'm sure it gives you a bit of warmth and hope when you're daydreaming.
Make the distinction.