[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 350x334, 1689981971828238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55921383 No.55921383 [Reply] [Original]

My job is so fucking boring. It's a not really necessary bureaucrat job. I get paid more than I did in all previous jobs and get to work from home permanently but it's surprising how the novelty has worn off.

My department is really badly organised. My team is huge and doesn't care about the company's ways of working, which makes my job kind of pointless. They took me on to fill in some minor resource gaps (I was hired company-wide but resourced afterwards).

My typical day starts with turning on the laptop at 9 am, shaving/shitting and wasting time for 45 minutes and sitting in a few pointless status update meetings. I've become an expert at making a tiny bit of work seem significant enough for an update. My mornings usually involve more department-wide or status meetings, so I browse the internet. Then I have lunch and go for a walk for almost an hour. I worry slightly about being gone from my laptop in case someone messages me, but it hasn't ever caused an issue. Then I waste the rest of the workday. Maybe I do some work but it doesn't matter.

Feels bad to be in this position when other people in their early 30s are in high up managerial positions or working on hard technical stuff or doing entrepreneurial stuff. I'm in an environment where everything has to be justified with tonnes of paperwork (in fact, my job basically involves doing some of the process, but its the part my team doesn't care about). I can't make decisions through common sense.

>> No.55921748

>>55921383
i don't wfh but have somewhat a similar position, been doing it for a decade now. i abuse drugs, and sometimes women (not physically) to get by. its a pretty unhealthy lifestyle that i wouldn't recommend.

>> No.55921792
File: 1.36 MB, 1284x2238, IMG_5685.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Start a side business? When it gets more successful than what its worth to deal with wfh hell just quit. Make sure you have enough of an income to cover your expenses, downgrade your lifestyle, or just put it on credit. If you are looking for hard technical problems, then troll science and engineering journals for cool tech you can improve upon.

>> No.55921935

>>55921383
Yeah that was my experience with my last job. Just don't make my mistake and start caring about the work. Your job is to simply do what your supervisor says, in writing, for you to do. Especially if it's documented in a performance standard of some kind. Literally everything else should be ignored. I burnt myself out trying to do the job my department was responsible for, but it wasn't my job: it was my boss' job, and I managed to keep that fucker employed to my own detriment. Don't make my mistake. Continue slacking off! If you're bored, try double dipping and getting a second wfh job, or pick up a hobby you can do at home, like some kind of handicraft or garden or something.