[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 380 KB, 700x947, streamshack.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55911106 No.55911106 [Reply] [Original]

Anon bros i'm tired. I'm tired and I don't want to keep working into my 70's just so Mr Shekelstein can have yet another ivory back scratcher while i'm barely making ends meet. I am not poor, or rather I do not come from poor parents, they're very well off but absolutely refuse to help their children out and will likely sell all their assets when the time comes to pay for their care/retirement.

Lately I've been thinking that the best move/only move left is to save up for a few years and buy some 30,000 plot of land somewhere in the PNW (pacific northwest) and "retire". I'll be 39 in a few months and I can't see myself continuing on in this manner for much longer.

Any /biz/ bros feel the same? Maybe you've already taken the plunge regret/love it? Innawoods thread.

>> No.55911140

>>55911106
>give up?
Literally the most powerful action you can take against the system that exists only because it feeds off of your strength. Reframed by literal kikes as "giving up".
NPNW, NPNT.

>> No.55911153

>>55911106
Yeah I feel you mate. My issue is being Bongolian and and is very hard to come by, especially inna woods land

>> No.55911238

>>55911153
there's tonnes of village cottages in rural bongland, what the heck are you on about mate?

>> No.55911240

>>55911153
I’m looking to do this, currently in the south east but price wise/planning laws etc. wales looks good

>> No.55911263

>>55911106
If your parents are not willing to help you out at all then forget about them. That way you won't be disappointed. If they end up leaving you some money in the future it will be a pleasant surprise but, if not, then it won't bother you. You don't owe them your attention if they don't offer to help you.

Sounds like you need a drastic change in your life. People think this always requires something long-term but may I suggest taking whatever short break you can? Go into the wild on a long weekend and see how it makes you feel. Maybe you love it and can move forward with your "innawoods"-ing but maybe it's rather uncomfortable and it makes you appreciate some modern conveniences a bit more. Keep your expenses low if you head out though because if you spend a lot then you'll be biased towards hating it. Just some thoughts.

>> No.55911346
File: 125 KB, 1024x702, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>55911106
I know how you feel. I wonder if it's actually better to "innawoods" in a town or city. The convenience might make it easier overall.

>> No.55911521

>>55911106
i cant go the full innawoods tier since i live in europoor but after the coof i simply walked out of my wagie life and returned to the litte village where i grow up, havent been this happy in years
that counts, only regret i have is not having done this sooner and needing the coof wfh do nothing to realize the absurdity of it all