[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 53 KB, 917x871, x5hb8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55903604 No.55903604 [Reply] [Original]

I'm looking to make a career pivot away from tech since I can't stand all the bullshit in the industry (most especially the fact that it's extremely recession prone, as evidenced by the current job market) and I'm looking for something remote around the world friendly. I know WFH is scarce and quite competitive these days but accounting has a decent amount of gatekeeping. I've heard stories though where people with non-accounting degrees were able to sit for the CPA exam and get a remote accounting job just fine.

Is there any way I can pull this off, or am I doomed to suffer under fucking dogshit tech shenanigans during recessions? Any stories of people who successfully pivoted out of tech and how to do so?

>> No.55903672

Fuck is biz really 6 feet under now? No help at all, sad.

>> No.55905033

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news anon, but most states have an education requirement of 150 credit hours including relevant course work in order to be licensed. I'm not sure there is a way to become licensed without taking the additional accounting courses required by your state. As far as the exam goes, it's like any other exam. Buy a review course, study, and pass.

>> No.55905253

>>55903604
>month end close
>quarter close
>annual close
>we own you for 5 days
>New Year's Day
>4th of July
>Labor Day
>you may not take PTO
>you will likely work Saturdays
>or go public
>minimum 55 hour weeks
>frequent 80 hour weeks
>the bullshit
>SOX
>PCAOB
>SEC
Why accounting, of all professions? If you already know how to code learn BI and do business analysis/info systems.