[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 171 KB, 1601x1601, 71W7xwOF9oL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55564898 No.55564898 [Reply] [Original]

Getting conflicting answers online even with ChatGPT, but under what conditions does leasing a car give the best ROI vs Buying?

>> No.55564931

never does....ever. I paid $8,000 for my 2007 Toyota corolla and to this day its running. Paid off years ago so zero monthly payments.

On the other hand, leasing would make sense if you are a corporation because you can tax deduct it

>> No.55564941

>>55564898
For example, I understand you never own the car, and you're paying the depreciation cost up front...but you get to swap out for a new car every few years and you're typically covered for major repairs.

ChatGPT says avg lease payment is $460 as of 2021, not including insurance.

So in theory one could be driving a brand new car every few years?
You could literally buy a junker car or a project car and just lease?

In addition what's stopping me from using my "crypto business" with the best jewish tax guy I can find to write everything off?

>> No.55564955

>>55564931
Never understood how the tax deduction thing worsk? Is it a credit back or everything written down to 0?

There has to be a reason as to why ppl do it though, similar to ARM mortgages. (If one is a house flipper, then an ARM mortgage could work greatly in their favor)