[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 11 KB, 220x175, old-man-yells-at-cloud.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55548131 No.55548131 [Reply] [Original]

>just buy a house with a fixed-interest mortgage, bro
yeah, I'm sure my employer will absolutely make sure I stay at my current job for years or decades until I pay the mortgate!

>don't ever pay cash. beter invest it all, bro
the only time I "invested" in the stock market I ended up losing 40% of that money. I'd rather make my house my investment, by offering it as a b&b.

>inb4 inflation
it's true, you lose money in real terms when saving, but I'm not rich so at least I have some security having my cash in my hands. also, inflation doesn't mean shit when you OWN your house (as in, you are confident that no one will throw you in the streets for not paying shit). meanwhile, with a mortgage, the bank owns your house.

>> No.55548149

>>55548131
cool blogpost retard
dont have tasks to fix up the house to improve zestimate?

>> No.55548152

>>55548131
>I'm sure my employer will absolutely make sure I stay at my current job
Make yourself irreplacable or secure an income otherwise. If you have cash for outright purchase this is simple.
>the only time I "invested" in the stock market I ended up losing 40% of that money. I'd rather make my house my investment, by offering it as a b&b.
>by offering it as a b&b.
kek good luck OP

>> No.55548191

>>55548149
still haven't bought anything. my current investment is some shitty CD. that's all I have.
I could buy a decent house if I wanted to, but I'm waiting for a good opportunity. I was born poor, I'm not risking shit.

>>55548152
>>I'm sure my employer will absolutely make sure I stay at my current job
>Make yourself irreplacable or secure an income otherwise. If you have cash for outright purchase this is simple.
I thought I was irreplaceable once at a previous place. did some retarded shit and had to leave... so no, random shit can happen and you are fucked.
though I could have my own thing if I really wanted to. but I wouldn't make much money that way, and this is a bad time for that shit.
I also have some random ideas unrelated to my field of work, but no knowledge on how to actually start anything.

btw, b&bs make some decent money in touristic places.

>> No.55548397

>>55548191
>did some retarded shit
>random shit can happen
Pick one.
You can always secure income in other ways. Become self-employed or invest in non-memes. The fact that you lost 40% just proves you are greedy and lack diligence.
>b&bs make some decent money in touristic places.
This is more work than you think and it's not desirable to do it in your own house. So you'd need a moprtgage for the second house anyway.
What makes you think you can put in the diligence for maintaining a bnb when you don't do it for stocks where the required diligence is much less?
But you do you, this plan is not worth shilling though, sounds like you're only trying to convince yourself.
Also, you can never own a house if someone can take it from you and eminent domain is real.