[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 329 KB, 1775x1009, 1688861423684.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55502475 No.55502475 [Reply] [Original]

Dear Niggers, I own a condo that I'm thinking about renting out because I also own a home and never use the condo, but I don't know if it's worth the hassle. It's in a nice area and would probably rent for at least $2,000 a month. The HOA and taxes run me about $10,000 a year. Is renting worth it? I don't need the money, but I also don't want to sell the condo because there's no mortgage. I'm just worried about the hassle a tenant might create. Do any of you retarded faggot stinky indians have any advice?

>> No.55502503

>>55502475
If you don't need that money, don't rent it out. Never worth the potential problems.

>> No.55502529

>>55502503
Thanks anon, I can't help but think the same

>> No.55503957

>>55502475
Had an offer to sell in April 2022 at the peak, ended up renting the house out instead. Never rented out before. Initially hated myself for doing so because the market tanked and I lost 15%, but it's rebounded and I'm happy that I didn't get rid of my stupid low mortgage rate.

The big benefit to renting it out are the tax deductions. Depreciation is the largest (3.6%), you can deduct maintenance and your property taxes and mortgage interest if you have one. You can also be creative and "repair" appliances and other "broken" items.

If you sell and dump the money into Treasury Bills (~5%), you will have to pay taxes on gains, so the returns are only ~3.5%. Real Estate inflation at worst will be 2%, and if you simply make the property your primary residence in 2 of the past 5 years before you sell it, then all the gains are tax free.

Your tenants will move in and immediately complain about everything, wanting everything fixed. After about 9 months they stop complaining because they don't want to pack up and move, and they understand that more complaints could result in their rent increasing.

It honestly wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. You only read the horror stories of the worst 0.01% of renters. I have a single white woman renting my house right now and there's basically no issues.

>> No.55503975

>>55502475
Just sell it retard. You don’t use the place anymore and the taxes and HOA are only going up. Plus you’re gonna need a new hot water heater soon. You know I’m right. Get out now and wait for the market to come down. It will

>> No.55504085

>>55503975
My hot water heater is new, HOA is being reduced believe it or not, but taxes went up. Sorry, it's an appreciating asset and you will never own a home
>>55503957
Thanks anon, this is great advice. It's mostly fear of a bad tenant that scares me. If I got a great tenant I wouldn't even raise their rent as long as my costs are low. No mortgage is a huge help in my situation

>> No.55504250

if you already own a home and have less than 1M invested in stocks and bonds it probably does not make a lot of sense to own extra real estate especially if it is costing you upkeep. if you ARE rich however, real estate is a very good asset to allocate to, and you could make a decent amount of money renting it out, and if you're willing to take a haircut you could even outsource the management. it depends on your situation but it sounds like it's a drag on your finances as is and a headache you don't want if you tried to monetize it.

>> No.55505346

>>55502475
It's actually really fucking simple to predict long-term cyclical bubbles because it's directly tied to human psychology.

>> No.55507098

>>55504085
You just need to understand archetypes and demographic selection for your tenant.

Assuming you'd not HUD housing.

Like anon said. Just remember by 2030 50% of woman over 30 will be single with no kids