[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 238x212, 1687319494356700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55394277 No.55394277 [Reply] [Original]

Western Europe is a complete shithole spiralling down the drain more every second that passes,
How can you profit from it, from a business perspective and/or from a stocks perspective?

Ex, sectors to think about :
Business physical security consulting
Personal Security, women security
Private security in general
Private street cleaning
Private schools
Retirement homes
Auto parts
Housing security
Luxury
Hallal food
Predatory consumer loans and mortgages
Expensive jordans style shoes
Sportswear
Mosque building company?
Religious clothing
Fried chicken fast foods
Gold/jewelery resellers/buyers

>> No.55394284

Short china. The fall is going to be far more lucrative. On top short metals, china kept that bubble from collapsing. With their manufacturing out of demand nobody left to buy bags

>> No.55394296

you pair trade it by shorting euro/usd with leverage to a position the size of your short on the german DAX so that you profit both from a drop in euro companies and the euro they're traded in.

>> No.55394333

>>55394296
Good idea, already profited a lot from the fall of the Euro these last years, this is pretty smart, the problem is that I don't think the indices fall so much or at all in their own currency, the CAC40 for example is almost flat in 20+ years in Euros, despite the Euro losing probably over 50% in purchasing power and devaluation to usd in the same amount of time.
Also Germany is still incredibly resilient economically, I don't think there can be a catastrophic Greece style failure there, although it is almost certain for Italy, Spain and France, which are trapped in a debt spiral

>> No.55395103

>>55394277
>business perspective

It would already be a great achievement to survive a year or two without ruining yourself. Countries like Germany have become an even worse economic and bureaucratic nightmare for new and small business owners. Don't try to compete in oversaturated markets unless you're a very dedicated high iq expert in that field.

>> No.55395417

Braindead take, as though the rest of the world isn't infinitely worse.

>> No.55395469

>>55395417
>midwit take
depends what stick you measure by

>> No.55395479

>>55394277
rape alarms
nigger detectors
jewdar
hormones (for de and retransing your kids depending on thr prevailing political atmosphere)

>> No.55395487
File: 406 KB, 1200x1310, 1687207409278405.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What do you all make of this from Vangoy? BlackCock, HSBC and others have published similar predictions that EM and developed-ex-US equity would outperform. On one hand, I believe this has been predicted for decades and hasn't come to fruition yet. But on the other, American dominance must have an expiration date. Maybe EM equities can outperform without actually outperforming, just because of hyperinflation. But how you avoid youe gains being gobbled up by FX rates, Idk. Short the other currency, I guess, as >>55394296 said... is there a "short everything, long USD" ETF? Lol. USD is declining recently anyway.

>>55395417
European and NAn charity is what keeps the rest of the world afloat. I wonder if they will be so kind if we need it (I don't really wonder that).

>> No.55396367

>>55395487
>Developing market equities
Yes. Note, Turkey equity performance has been phenomenal if only because money got plowed into that while the Lira collapsed.
Same thing is happening and has been happening for decades with ASEAN stock markets.
>Developed markets i.e. Europe
Maybe things will work the same way as with the shit-hole third world, i.e. ECB says fuck it regarding inflation and drops interest rates and they don't care since they don't have to be the world hegemon.

>> No.55396502

>>55394277
Jew remover?