[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 36 KB, 657x526, pepe-sweating-round-eyes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55380021 No.55380021 [Reply] [Original]

I need this to work out bros. I'm not smart enough to get those $200k+ jobs. Crypto is my only hope to making it.

>> No.55380047
File: 266 KB, 1000x666, 10House+-+Walkway.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Get into tech sales, hoss. If you're relatively bright and/or personable, you can easily make $200k selling for AWS, Azure, Adobe, etc. High value selling is also one of the most antiquated business processes and always will be, so it's AI-proof as long as you're not some bottom feeder sending bulk emails.

>> No.55380054

>>55380021
I've got bad news anon...

>> No.55380122

>>55380021
>not smart enough
Kek. OP just become a product manager at meta. You don’t need to be a code monkey to make that salary.

>> No.55380125

>>55380047
How do I just get into tech sales? I'm also a leaf.

>> No.55380132

>>55380047
And never take no for an answer.
They hang up on you? Pop their tires and have four brand new ones for sale right next to their car. They'll listen to anyone with ambition like that.

>> No.55380194

>>55380125
Get your foot in the door at any office-based sales role. A good option would be tech recruitment because,
>The barrier to entry in recruitment jobs is relatively low
>You'll learn the trendy tech lingo
>It's a relatively hard sales job (lots of competition) so you'll upskill quickly
>You'll make contacts in tech
After a couple of years, doors will be open to you. If you're in something like recruitment for a while, you'll naturally start to develop a niche. Attend events, seminars, etc. The world of buyers and sellers in any tech is surprisingly small once you've got your bearings. After that, your goal should be to diversify your sales experience,
>Work for a big tech vendor
>Work for a consultancy
If you can carve out a niche and hit targets consistently in a few different environments, you can easily be earning $200k in <5 years. My strong recommendation is work your way toward cloud infrastructure sales. Of course you can still get rich selling applications built by Adobe, Google, Salesforce, Oracle (etc.) but the guys selling Azure and AWS could make money falling out of bed right now. I don't see that changing for more than a decade. It's a license to print money.