[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 67 KB, 1200x631, IMG_2870.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
55300291 No.55300291 [Reply] [Original]

What scenario will have chainlink match the market cap of ETH? What needs to happen?

>> No.55300306

>>55300291
You’d be long dead by then

>> No.55300323

Maybe in 30 years when sergeys node paying stack finally runs out and the token actually starts being needed

>> No.55300356

Ethereum killers are cucked and dead yet again so the alt layer 1 angle is pretty flimsy. Maybe if any institutions of significance ever did anything besides blog post about crypto and chainlink specifically that would be a good place to look

>> No.55300370

>>55300356
the real ethereum killer is CCIP

>https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-graph-network-transitions-to-arbitrum-for-enhanced-scaling-capabilities-301851249.html

why remain on the baselayer?

>> No.55300369

>>55300291
CCIP needs to be released
and look, that just so happens to be happenin' soon

>> No.55300372

>>55300291
It will happen when industry starts utilizing the chainlink network. Should be within a year. Hold tight, the time is near.

>> No.55300374

>>55300291
Heat death of the entire universe

>> No.55300380

>>55300370
>>55300369
What is the next cops when Ccip does absolutely nothing to the price?

>> No.55300383

>>55300369
>>55300370
Two posts answering the question at the exact same time. Signs are everywhere...

>> No.55300413

>>55300380
hmm i'm thinking DECO or maybe the long-awaited mixicles. or we just wait for the real bull market to begin and blame the price on manipulation and macro events. both will work

my only real concern is that the "convert feeToken to LINK" screenshot widely circulated is not as definitive proof as I'd like that every single CCIP interaction will require ultimate payment in LINK. if it does we've all made it a thousand times over, since it means the method SWIFT has confirmed they're using to settle transactions (of currency and securities) will pay me a tiny fee millions of times a day

>> No.55300441

>>55300291
LINK already got beaten to crosschain by LayerZero and Quant.

>> No.55300447

>>55300291
>What scenario will have chainlink match the market cap of ETH?

This is impossible.When they match, you can buy all of the available ETH with your Link. It's like asking when JPY will get 1:1 parity with USD.

>> No.55300455

>>55300383
that's freaky

>> No.55300495

>>55300413
>my only real concern is that the "convert feeToken to LINK" screenshot widely circulated is not as definitive proof as I'd like that every single CCIP interaction will require ultimate payment in LINK
Just look at the code retard, its all there. They made it so that payment is made in whatever the source blockchain is. The payment includes the link node operator fee (source currency converted into link) and the destination gas fee (which obviously needs to be paid in the destination chain's native currency).

>> No.55300507

>>55300495
How much longer bros I’m falllng apart here I’m faalllllling in looove

>> No.55300520

>>55300495
yes i've looked at the code, and I agree that the scenario you described is optimal. i'm not even fudding, I've been all in Chainlink since 2019 and have no doubts about the medium to long term success of the project. but there are very few details outside of the screenshot. where and how is this link being converted? will it be bought off the open market from DEXs? seems unlikely. converted by chainlink labs so the ecosystem allotment is slowly released onto the market? that leaves them with a bunch of shitcoins (and ETH) in the treasury

>> No.55300534

it's almost time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWgTfMAEW30&t=386s

>> No.55300537
File: 2.94 MB, 3135x2327, 1669105807755078.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

confirmation that swift etc are using ccip in production
if that happens then everything in this scam market will be completely irrelevant and look like a joke
it's taken a lot longer than i thought and sergey has made some big missteps along the way but this is what we were imagining back in 2018
but to see them actually on the verge of pulling it off and considering all that could have gone wrong is pretty exciting
the 2018 and 2019 fud was that a quiet corporate backed competitor would come along and silently takeover given how "obvious" is was that they had their hands on
that was true fud
turns out they were the backed project all along
we will be very rich if they get the last part of it over the line
>What about a timeline? When do Swift and Chainlink anticipate this will all be rolled out at scale?
>It’s hard to say, said Nazarov. “It’ll be a gradual increase over time. As more and more banks begin to interface with the private chains of other banks and those private chains connect to public chains, you’ll see a gradual increase over time. Now we’re in the mid stages.”
https://cointelegraph.com/news/top-banks-work-to-make-blockchains-interoperable

>> No.55300676

>>55300520
Lets focus on what we know which is thar node operators are paid in link. At the end of the day theyre getting the tokens and the job isnt being dont until they have them. How will the job execute if the tokens arent paid? Regardless of whether theyre bot spot on a CEX or DEX or converted with the teams supply?

>> No.55300694

>>55300676
agreed, the node operators are paid in link. but where the link to pay them will come from - in the context of CCIP where it is apparent that non-link tokens can be used as payment from users - is not clear. and it won't be until we get clarification from the team, or CCIP goes live and we figure it out pretty quickly. it's just an unanswered question, and one that has quite a bit of impact on whether CCIP means insta-moon or something else

>> No.55300709

>>55300413
>mixicles
Mixicles have existed for years. It's literally just a way of structuring a smart contract to obfuscate parties and payments. Literally anyone can build a mixicle and has been able to for years.
The fact you constantly mention them as something "Chainlink failed to deliver" when they were delivered the moment they were theorised, shows how little you actually understand about the project you've been seething about for half a decade.

>> No.55300776

>>55300694
knowing the team it will be from their supply
thinking longer term it is better to get more of the supply out of the team's hands

>> No.55300795

>>55300709
bro I too need to to seeth about Chainlink could you fill me up with the latest

>> No.55300803

>>55300776
>straight outta team hands right into vcs
bro could you explain why this is a good thing so I can seeth with the other demons before the light of truth

>> No.55300838

>yes there's two parallel worlds answered Nazarov. “The cryptocurrency markets go up and down. Historically, what I’ve seen is that when the cryptocurrency markets contract, banks lose interest” in digital assets and blockchain technology.
https://youtu.be/4N3N1MlvVc4
>two world colliding
>and they would never tear us a part

>> No.55301001

Revelation 20
And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
>1000 years

>> No.55301010

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
>authority to judge
>1000 years

>> No.55301017

>>55300291
>What needs to happen?
A product needs to be released lmao.

>> No.55301019

When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
>fire came down from heaven and devored them

>> No.55301026

The Judgment of the Dead
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

>> No.55301114

>>55300803
just optics
WOW they hold half the supply etc

>> No.55301692

>>55300291
The current market needs to be razed to the ground first.
For years now, dogshit like XRP and ADA has been top ~5 and Link top ~20.
There is simply no hope that the market will slowly come to its senses, so it needs a hard reboot.

>> No.55301700

Kek fuddies. Chainlink will flip btc.

>> No.55301773

>>55301700
checked