[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 49 KB, 780x438, 4dfsg3ertdrt45t.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54996143 No.54996143 [Reply] [Original]

I am thinking about taking 1/2 of my nw and buying three acrees of land and all the tools I need to work it and to be self sustained. With all this land, if I decided to quit my IT job I guess I could have a lot that I could sell to people or to barter with. Is this a good financial decision?

>> No.54996160

>>54996143
I could also add that my current job pays me well without doing much effort but being always in front of the computer waging like a monkey is kind of mind numbing. I've took care of a little veggie garden last year and altought I did everything by hand with no power tools, it was very hard but incredibly rewarding and I couldnt wait to be done with my job to go take care of my tomatoes and shit.
Three acres in my area could give self sufficiency to a family, if done properly, but of course it would be a full time job. Or in the meanwhile, I could take care of a much smaller space while I still wage like a cuck.

>> No.54996180

>>54996143
Are you the most hard working, socially adaptable person you have ever met? If you buy this slab of land it is going to take an enormous amount of work to make it livable, then your best chance of “bartering” would be making things to sell at a local flea market where you will probably earn $5/ hour during days that the flea market is open. You can get some kind of solar set up and maybe keep a phone charged to use Facebook marketplace. But tell me right now, what would be your bread and butter? What are you going to sell/barter to earn the majority of your survival income?

>> No.54996185

>>54996180
He's obviously just planning on storing and eating the food

>> No.54996199

>>54996143
have you ever grown a plant before?

>> No.54996208

anon, oh anon, don't you wish it were this easy

>> No.54996236

>>54996180
Having been through a severe illness in the past, I've learnt about the importance (for my situation) of eating healty (no goyslops and as little poison/pesticides possibile). I literally can't eat out or I will get sick for days. I've also learned that I'm not the only one in this situation. I also live in an area where there is a major concern about air quality, and unfortunately I can't move so. However many poeople in my area are actively looking to eating healtier and thery are willing to pay more if they can trust that the food is grown like mother nature would want.
This means that I have no chance of selling to anyone who's not intersted in even knowing about the seasonalities of the veggies, or to people who don't care why the store bought tomatoes literally smell like nothing. This doesnt mean I plan to get rich by doing this, but I don't even care about money if I'm happy and growing healthy food for my family and some food for only the people that can give me a fair amout for the superior quality of my food.

>> No.54996247

>>54996143
Hi, I'm a neet and have no skills. Maybe I could help you with the farm? Innawoods is my dream

>> No.54996255

>>54996143
What's the rough geography and how much money are we talking? How fertile is the land? It could be a good idea, it all depends.

>> No.54996258

>>54996236
anon could you answer this question >>54996199

>> No.54996262

>>54996199
Yes I do have some experience. By my calculations, while still having my job, I could take care of a 500 square meters vegetable garden, provided I have the right tools and an irrigation system available.
Without my job, I'm thinking about 2k square meters.

>> No.54996270

>>54996247
do you have a tight butthole?

>> No.54996282

>>54996262
it's a good idea to learn from people with experience and have the technical knowledge such as botanist, geologist and farmers

>> No.54996305

>>54996255
We're talking about northern Italy, the land here is expensive because they make fine wine and yes the land is generally very fertile but it does require some work. I'm assuming I will need to buy machines for approx 15k euro to be able to handle 2/3 acres on my own in a fair amount of time. It's really incredible how these machines can improve the efficiency of your work, they can speed up manual labour by several orders of magnitude but yes they are expensive. The land would cost approx 100k because as I said, the area is expensive since the soil is good and there is a river all around so I would never have to deal with draught because I would also have a pond as a buffer.
There are a lot of people that farm land near me, but my business model would be totally different:
- centered on self sufficiency
- zero use of chemicals
- aimed on using non GMO and ancient species that are hard to find

>> No.54996416
File: 1.39 MB, 998x730, 89234909280352789230.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54996305
>aimed on using non GMO and ancient species that are hard to find

On this matter, picrel is an example of some tomatoes I've grown from seed and those species are not asy to find. I don't have any room to grow them but I've posted some ads on marketplace, if someone wants them they can even have them for free, I just enjoy growing them and it literally costed me next to nothing and like an afternoon of work. In exchange for them, I've received A LOT more than I thought, like honey, wine, home made beer and seed trays for 2.000 plants. Holy shit!

>> No.54996418

>>54996305
If you have a NW of €200k it sounds like a decent idea. If I were you though I'd plant an orchard and keep a bunch of chickens for eggs rather than mechanically farm anything. You could also have ducks for eggs if you've got the water.

>> No.54996446

>>54996418
>orchard
>chickens
yes these are on the plans aswell, but as for the chickens, that sounds like something you can't do as a hobby, I mean, while I can postpone by one day watering plants or some shit, I definitely can't say "sorry chickens no food today because I'm busy with my IT job". But yes, I would love to have farm animals it would be a dream come true.

>> No.54996518

>>54996446
chickens are easy af
everoyne in the ee area has a chicken
even the ones in flats have chickens on the balcony
food for them is the easy part
cleaning up after them to prevent diseases is hard depending on how/where they are kept