[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 607 KB, 999x750, 1683152228155047.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54843618 No.54843618 [Reply] [Original]

how normal is suicide when one goes into financial ruin
I just lost all of my money making a shitty decision to help a family member buy a house. I am now living paycheck to paycheck

>> No.54843648

pretty normal, if u want numbers lets say above 60%

but its more focused on mental health than anything else, financial issues are just part of it

theres people living on misery, people who cant even earn a dollar, and people ruined but happy with family, friends or caring partner

so the big S is more heavily focused on mental health

>> No.54843805

>>54843618
Probably one of the higher reasons why people kys themselves. After depression and health issues. No one kills themselves because their life is awesome

>> No.54844408

>>54843618
The halfening is less than a year away. The market usually pumps several months after that. We're not too far from the bull run. Cut your expenses for a year and use the extra money to buy BTC or ETH. No shitcoin gambling. Sell after we reach new ATHs. Don't buy back in if it keeps pumping after you sell, just relax until a final ATH is reached and we do a -80%. Then bu back in again and wait.

You will recover everything you lost and become stronger than you were before. Only this time you have the experience from your mistakes to guide you.

>> No.54844417

>think about suicide goys

>> No.54844483
File: 276 KB, 1200x969, 1683177519071203.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54843618
You should just do it instead of attention whoring

>> No.54844506

>>54843618
You’re honestly a dumbass. I don’t know what tell you.

I’d leave my family members dying in the street if, in order to save them, I risked any detriment to myself

>> No.54844553
File: 1.21 MB, 1464x1986, Nietzsche187a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>To bewail one's lot is always despicable: it is always the outcome of weakness. Whether one ascribes one's afflictions to others or to one's self, it is all the same.

>> No.54844581
File: 8 KB, 225x225, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>“Unless suffering is the direct and immediate object of life, our existence must entirely fail of its aim.

>> No.54844586 [DELETED] 

>>54844506
>I’d leave my family members dying in the street if, in order to save them, I risked any detriment to myself
Is this sociopathy?

>> No.54844604

>>54844586
I guess. Me and my ex got in a fight while I was driving her car and I snapped off the headlight toggle while I was banging my fist on the steering wheel during our argument.

She was too drunk to realize the danger at night and told me to get out and walk. She crashed the car very shortly after and called me on the phone (she hit a telephone pole and broke her leg). Instead of helping her. I quickly ended the phone call and then turned my phone off and just walked back to my own house.

The next day she had no recollection of what happened so I just said my phone died and I was asleep.

>> No.54844606

>>54843618
>charity
I'm sorry anon, I've been slacking on telling people that all forms of charity are evil. It's not entirely your fault.

CHARITY IS EVIL
It harms the giver by reducing the resources they have to achieve their goals.
It harms the receiver by fostering a sense of dependence and by enabling them to achieve bad goals (ie, buying a house they can't afford normally, which will result in a loss, or more commonly enabling beggars to buy drugs/alcohol).
It harms society by funneling resources to economically damaging activities.

Anyway don't kill yourself. Steal from your relative to get back your initial donation, then cut them off and move to a different state.

>> No.54844612

>>54844606
>CHARITY IS EVIL
>It harms the giver by reducing the resources they have to achieve their goals.
>It harms the receiver by fostering a sense of dependence and by enabling them to achieve bad goals (ie, buying a house they can't afford normally, which will result in a loss, or more commonly enabling beggars to buy drugs/alcohol).
>It harms society by funneling resources to economically damaging activities.
Kinda based, the best way to empower people is to tell them to help themselves.

>> No.54844620

>>54844612
But I'd also argue that giving feels good and strokes the ego so we probably evolved to want to help others, makes sense if we lived in small tribes/nations for most of history.

>> No.54844633

>>54844606
Well I guess the whole situation wasn't backhanded or anything. I was looking for a place to live and they wanted to buy a house, so I put some money down for it and now we live together+split expenses. I thought my investment would give returns in the future but with everything crashing we'd be lucky to sell it 20k under break even.

>> No.54844649

>>54844633
>would give returns in the future
it will. with the inflation real estate will go up again

>> No.54844655

>>54844620
In a small tribe situation there are mitigating factors that make helping others not evil, but it's also not charity. Helping becomes a strategy for tribe survival. It's like how helping a coworker on a small team project at work enables the team as a whole to achieve their goals. That's not charity, that's teamwork, because every individual involved, more or less, shares the same goal. Conversely, helping a coworker achieve a goal that you DON'T share with them IS charity, and it's evil. That's the essential difference between charity and teamwork.

Charity only feels good because you've been brainwashed to feel good about it. It's mainly a placebo effect. Or it assuages guilt which was, again, something you were brainwashed to feel by propaganda. It's not a coincidence that the Catholic Church pushes the idea of original sin so hard, ingraining a sense of guilt into people, and that it also pushes the idea of charity so hard (eg tithing). They're creating the problem and selling the solution, just as much as those ads with sad children/animals and a sad soundtrack begging you to donate by calling the number on the screen.

You can break yourself of this habit: write down a goal for yourself, such as buying something that would meaningfully improve your life (a new kitchen appliance or washer/dryer or car repair or whatever). Something in the range of a hundred to a thousand dollars. Then, anytime you feel compelled to the sin of charity, instead of indulging, take the money you would have squandered and put it in a special account, envelope, jar, whatever. Once you have enough saved up, by the thing that improves your life and reflect that if you had given that money away, your life would be MATERIALLY WORSE.

>> No.54844673

>>54844633
Is your name on the title? If not, it should be, even if they're making the payments now. If you don't have something in writing saying you own part of that house, they can evict you and you'll have no recourse.

If they balk at this, tell them you want your name on the title for financial reasons, like to help your credit score.

Also you're being a short term thinking idiot. You're not going to sell the house this year. You haven't lost anything: you have the house and you're living in it. You living paycheck to paycheck is because you can't budget appropriately. Go make a proper budget and start saving again. Hurry: the next bullrun is coming, and you'll want at least 0.5BTC when it comes.

>> No.54844697

>>54844655
>Charity only feels good because you've been brainwashed to feel good about it
A very Nietzschean argument but I partially disagree. Charity is a good way to gain power over somebody as they become indebted to your kindness, there's a clear power dynamic at play (as there is in every interaction) - of course some people will take advantage of your altruism, Jews have weaponised it against Europeans since the end of WWII in regards to immigration and they invoke ancestral guilt to blackmail us.

>> No.54844710

>>54844697
>>54844655
If charitable acts are reciprocated then the ''investment'' was worthwhile, so instead your argument should be to help those who have potential to help you later on.

>> No.54844715

>>54843618
There are people in remote places that know about America and don't want to visit because "that's where people kill themselves".

Go visit buddha or something.

>> No.54844727

>>54843648
You're claiming that financial ruin leads to even greater rates of suicide than being a tranny?

>> No.54844752
File: 2.24 MB, 3840x2160, 453126-Friedrich-Nietzsche-Quote-What-is-good-All-that-heightens-the.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54844697

>> No.54844759

>>54844697
>Charity is a good way to gain power over somebody as they become indebted to your kindness
Won't work on psychopaths, family, or as you mentioned, the chosen. So what's the point then? There's easier ways to gain power over the sheep. For instance, they're stupid enough to fall for loan sharking even when it's illegal.

>>54844710
>If charitable acts are reciprocated then the ''investment'' was worthwhile
If the charitable acts are reciprocated it stops being charity and starts being a relationship. Like when you buy a girl dinner and then she sucks your dick. It's not purely a transaction, because neither of you is obligated by the other's actions, but you both do it because you like each other.

I now see that there is another insidious way that the evil of charity spreads: by over-applying the term "charity" to things that aren't really charity, grifters can muddy the waters by confusing people into thinking they're already doing charity all the time, so it's no harm to squander resources on degenerate people/activities.

>> No.54844816

>>54844759
>Won't work on psychopaths, family, or as you mentioned, the chosen
Every interaction between people, between man and environment, between man and beast, is a struggle for power. The psychopath isn't pacified or bogged down by value systems so he will contest you for dominance if you try to help him. I will repeat what I previously said, that it's beneficial to help those who can help you later on. Don't help psychopaths or those who can threaten your position, only help him who is clearly the weaker man.

>> No.54844848

>>54844816
And psychopaths specifically disguise themselves as weaker, potentially helpful in the future people. They infest the corporate world. You cannot tell them apart from honestly down on their luck people.

I beg you, for your own sake, stop giving your money away. Just stop. Help yourself.

>> No.54844850

>>54844759
>If the charitable acts are reciprocated it stops being charity and starts being a relationship.
Only if reciprocation occurs which is something you can anticipate but not accurately predict, so until that time it remains charity.
>>54844759
>I now see that there is another insidious way that the evil of charity spreads: by over-applying the term "charity" to things that aren't really charity, grifters can muddy the waters by confusing people into thinking they're already doing charity all the time, so it's no harm to squander resources on degenerate people/activities.
If charity is virtuous in the society you inhabit then it's logical to do it, others will admire you and elevate you - thus power is increased.

>> No.54844862

>>54844848
>I beg you, for your own sake, stop giving your money away. Just stop. Help yourself.
Donating money is only one aspect of charity, and I can't even remember when I last did it, but why would I appease you by ceasing to be charitable? Charity feels good and it emboldens me, so I will keep doing it.

>> No.54844884

>>54844848
>And psychopaths specifically disguise themselves as weaker, potentially helpful in the future people. They infest the corporate world. You cannot tell them apart from honestly down on their luck people.
True, they are hard to spot. I once came to the aid of a man that crashed his car and he was intoxicated, I had a camera as I was out taking pictures and he proceeded to smash (probably thought I had evidence of him driving under the influence).
We have to be vigilant of those we interact with, be it for charity or anything else.

>> No.54844886

>>54844606
>>54844655
Not OP but I've found myself financially helping family in the past only to find myself resenting the fact that I prioritized someone else's well being over my own. I've learned my lesson but its very helpful to see this written out, you put it well and I entirely agree that charity is evil. If no one warns you of these mistakes you're sure to make them yourself. Wish I learned this earlier. Thanks anon

>> No.54844921

>>54844886
>only to find myself resenting the fact that I prioritized someone else's well being over my own
If you're on your ass then you shouldn't be giving money to others. Make sure your own foundation is stable before you lend/give money away.

>> No.54844930

>>54844886
You're welcome. I should really make a pamphlet about it.

>>54844850
>>54844862
>>54844884
I have to leave but I enjoyed this chat. Good luck out there.

>> No.54844935
File: 411 KB, 3168x3080, 1b8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54844930

Same, u2.

>> No.54846937

>>54843618
>lives from paycheck to paycheck
Literally every dumb normie lives from paycheck to paycheck, they even will not manage to break out of this circle. This is the new normal nowadays.
You on the other hand have the unique opportunity to use your intelligence to make it.
>thinks about suicide instead

>> No.54846981

Pray to Jesus Christ.

>> No.54847455

>>54844581
Based schop

>> No.54847490

>>54844727
Less than 1% of trannies actually commit suicide, the 41% figure is just for "attempts"

>> No.54849224

>>54844581
I wish Shoppinghauer was my dad...

>> No.54849261

>>54844655
Ok Rand

>> No.54849342
File: 100 KB, 112x112, pepe walks off.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54844506

This is the kind of people that lurk /biz/

It's no wonder I hate this board

>> No.54849447

>>54844655
>It's not a coincidence that the Catholic Church pushes the idea of original sin so hard
We do actually have original sin, but there's an almost imperceptible but key difference between lifting someone up and pushing someone down because of it. We all have rage, fear, delusion, and all the rest of that, inherited from our evolutionary history and partially necessitated by the harsh world we live in, but to say this hatefully, as an accusation, makes the accused deny it, and hide it. Original sin, if you want to call it that, as well as all others sins, do not therefore disappear, but are even strengthened because they cannot be processed, causing mental suffering instead. They simply re-appear in new guise, and all the stronger, as we clearly see when looking at the madhouse into which this whole world has been transformed by truth hatefully spoken.
Someone who denies having sin is a fool, but someone who accuses others of sin is twice the fool, because he not only fails to see his own, but also equates an injury with guilt, and thereby adds to the injury.

>> No.54849459

>>54843618
Think about all the people you hate that you can still fuck over before you die. Don't give them the satisfaction of just going out, fuck them over first, financially

>> No.54849618

>>54843618
I kinda considered that too but well, I've been living thanks to a wage for almost 8 years now, I'm just hoping Nilo helps me make a bit more so I don't have to fully depend on it

>> No.54849647

>>54843618
Thats actually suicide to spite your family and make them suffer for making you suffer, very common.

>> No.54849689

>>54849618
People apparently don't know that a salary is literally the starting point to invest

>> No.54849704

>>54849647
Absolutely based if you ask me

>> No.54849710

>>54849618
I hope you live well anon, tired of seeing frens roping becuse shit like dis

>> No.54849719

>>54849689
Only if your salary is over the minimum you idiot

>> No.54849730

>>54849618
If you do things right it'll be just fine, just don't follow what /biz/ says and you'll be good