[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 348 KB, 281x281, 1671122371439114.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54433156 No.54433156 [Reply] [Original]

>when you move to a new city for a new job and rent a flat and start off optimistic and end up realising after one day that there's no chance of you ever fitting in with normies (as is obvious from your lack of any smalltalk with any workplace people, newer employees fitting in effortlessly, you skipping the Christmas and summer social events due to being an ugly loser, being treated with open disgust by all female employees, being openly disrespected in front of others) and you work there for just over a year and gradually realise you're the fall guy for other people to walk all over and then you desperately look for other jobs and then manage to get a better, more senior one in another city in a way that feels like you've been saved so you hand in your notice and then your job becomes pointless as your responsibilities are taken away and a few days before you move away you throw tonnes of stuff in the bins outside from your flat, including uneaten food (because you decided to move away at short notice) and all sorts of cutlery and plates you had to buy almost a year ago during much more cautiously optimistic times, when you thought you may have found a place that you'd work at for longer, and the large home office table you assembled while sitting on the floor has to stay put because you can't be bothered moving it and the bags of rubbish filled with big blocky items feels metaphorical somehow and you realise that you barely explored the city you'd lived in and had done all of your exploring in the first few months of living there and then found it totally not worth doing any more of it and stuck to your regular walking routes and had literally zero social life and the city centre always felt like some copy-paste normie haven and you think back to that late afternoon in autumn when you heard those normie Beckys at your job discussing the organisation of some Christmas after-party and you realise right there that there was no way you'd be at the company for long

>> No.54433240

at least you had the balls to move to a different city and get a normie job and fit in and last that long. The thought of moving somewhere else where I know absolutely nobody and might be isolated while unsure if you'll make it in a new job full of normies while having a apartment lease is truely frightening

>> No.54433267

No need to fit in anon.
Another anon found an easy way out of the rat race >>54432964

>> No.54433633

>>54433156
Yeah. Pretty correct.

I will add the company hired an old friend of mine. Sounds great right? I get to hang out at the office with my buddy right? Except soon after, my buddy changes and gets weirdly competitive with me. Tries to undercut me for sales, laughingly dumps bad leads on me, steals my ideas and presents them as his own in front of management. Frequently starts belittling me in front of coworkers, under the guise of “I’m just joking bro” and is constantly spending time with our boss, laughing it up about shit, then bringing up times I fucked up and laughing some more. Total 180 from our previous friendship. It was baffling. Had a hard time calling him out because it caught me totally by surprise and I didn’t know what to do.

Recently learned he got put on SSRIs and Adderall. Makes me wonder if the drugs changed his personality or he was always this way and I just didn’t notice.

>> No.54433715

>>54433240
>The thought of moving somewhere else where I know absolutely nobody and might be isolated
back to r*ddit, pathetic normalfag

>> No.54433763

>>54433633
He was always like that. He’s also fucking your rep behind your back. Start looking for a new job or prepare to stand your ground. I’d also start complaining to the boss.

>> No.54434494

>>54433715
Being completely isolated isn't healthy anon. We are social creatures. I'm not talking woe is me i have no friends type shit I'm talking not speaking a word to another human being for months isolation.