[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 7 KB, 241x209, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54424664 No.54424664 [Reply] [Original]

I took a test in college that supposedly was to prove that you can achieve more being a "team player" than working on your own. I scored higher on the working on my own portion, yet I'm still expected to be a "team player". What do

>> No.54424673

>>54424664
they want to benefit from your efforts. fuck ‘em. let it all burn

>> No.54424757

>>54424664
The secret to success is convincing others you’re an equal and working with them as a team, while simultaneously shamelessly exploiting them in any way possible for your benefit. Hard to pull off consistently unless you have sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies, or you’re jewish.

>> No.54424953

>>54424664
Its a predator vs pleb mentality.
But even wolves hunt in packs.
Doing on the fly synchronization and other shit needed to be a team player requires more resources than just doing solo things. Expending energy to create bonds and forge a crew that is efficient and does things better than just some group of randoms is also a skill, underrated one at that.
Being the glue of the team and doing balancing acts to balance out people of different personalities and abilities to achieve a common goal is what a leader has to do on top of his part of the work.
And that is even more underrated and overlooked as the rewards will go to some higher up and the negatives will be blamed on you.

tldr never be the unpaid team player that wastes his time and energy to do more for the same pay as the solo players