[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 959 KB, 1329x1429, 1605697426775.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54373736 No.54373736 [Reply] [Original]

the most popular discord bot is mee6, it is on 20,000,000+ discord servers, it makes $40,000,000+ per year, but it is developing a reputation problem, it is seen as getting too greedy, too full of themselves now, everyone hates them. mee6 is used to add subscriptions to your discord server so you can monetize your users, they donate to you, patreon style, mee6 takes 5-10%. i want to capitalize on this with a mee6 competitor. it uses its own cryptocurrency for subscribing instead of USD, but you can buy the cryptocurrency easily with USD, this avoids most of the payment processor fees compared to mee6 except on the initial buy. instead of taking 5-10%, we take 0% and cover our fees with patreon donations instead. unlike mee6 it has the option to reflect a % of the donations on your server back to just YOUR userbase, to thank them for sticking around and helps retain them so they dont leave, which helps grow your server. it would reflect 50% back at them. so not only do people who subscribe to your server get clout with the server owner, they get clout with every single other member of that server because they literally helped grow everyone's wallet. the rest of the plan is more complicated but all along the same lines as what you see here, many bases are covered.

so what do you think? problem is although i can code it, i would like to crowdfund it before its even done, think people would crowdfund it?

>> No.54373750

>>54373736
there are practical reasons it needs crowdfunded before its even done:
1: the cryptocurrency needs liquidity right off the bat to function
2: i need to see that people are interested, crowdfunding shows that, and shows there will be quite many people who will put the bot to use on their servers right at launch, giving it a powerful launch
etc

>> No.54373756

>>54373736
oh and unlike mee6 it works on Telegram too. a bot that lets you monetize your telegram userbase by letting them subscribe to your server.

>> No.54373766

Sounds gay just use Venmo or cashapp

>> No.54373778

>>54373766
i dont know why the discord community chooses to use mee6 but they do. so its proven to work. mee6 does more than offer subscriptions. it lets users gain levels and a few other things.

>> No.54373780

how do you make money? just from patreon donations? or are you giving yourself a lot of your own token to dump on people later?

>> No.54373808

>>54373780
i'll probably give myself a fat stack of the cryptocurrency yeah, nothing ridiculous. probably will buy more of it using my patreon money once it proves itself to work

>> No.54373816

>>54373780
i dont just want to get rich, i want to be #1, like mee6 is, king of the shit pile, i want to be famous.

>> No.54373829

>>54373816
and so to be well known, i must cut into my profits a bit, operating on a razor's edge so people have maximum reason to use my bot instead of others

>> No.54373908

cryptocurrency can be complicated to normies. so im making it so you can fund your wallet with USD and never have to deal with metamask/etc. that USD will then be converted into a traditional ecurrency (NOT cryptocurrency) which is simply stored in the bot's database. the bot will buy its own cryptocurrency in the same amount you purchased from the open market. you can then sub to servers with the ecurrency, which gives the server owner the ecurrency. server owners/users have 2 options for cashing out: you can cash the ecurrency back into USD, in this case you have never even TOUCHED cryptocurrency and never actually SOLD any cryptocurrency on the open market (thus you didnt tank the price!), or you can cash it out to cryptocurrency and sell it on the open crypto market.

so here's the trick with that: when you "buy", you pumped the price. but when you sell, you dont (unless you specifically choose to cash out as cryptocurrency instead of usd). this is the trick. you always pump when you buy, but you only dump half the time when you sell (only if you dump as crypto). otherwise the bot keeps the amount of cryptocurrency it purchased in your stead, in its own wallet, which it will burn, which instead of dumping the price, PUMPS the price.

so it pumps when you buy, and pumps when you sell. if anyone can find the flaw in this logic i'll be glad to hear it.