[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 28 KB, 554x554, images - 2022-12-09T105631.069.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54372696 No.54372696 [Reply] [Original]

Can someone redpill me on landlords.... I'm not educated on the matter but anytime I hear someone saying X or Y policy should act in favour of renters etc. Well then instantly many pundits will say "well you simply can't do that as housing investors are the only thing generating MORE housing you see" well.... I have a thought and I don't know if it's correct
>make landlord/property investment more difficult to exploit renters
>suddenly property investment is not such an easy ride
>The "worst" happens property investors just sell all their houses
>Now everyone just has 1 house
>Houses are now just an ordinary asset traded between various people with 1 house etc. Looking either to downsize or upsize
So what are your thoughts? Is the meme about landlords being so important really true?

>> No.54372701

>>54372696
Shit thread. This is my thread now.

Asians are worse than niggers because there are waayyyy more of them. Yes or no

>> No.54372722

>>54372701
That's not what I asked. But I still think roodys.

>> No.54374442

>>54372696
>are landlords important for the economy?
Obviously not.

>> No.54374581

>>54372696
Depends on the landlord.

You have the guys that owns a couple places to secure a retirement and work-free life.

Then you have big-property which are more or less vulture capitalists that do unethical things such as promote legislative change for expansion of the population in order to supplement housing. Also lobby to change tenancy rights and procedures to accelerate the process of eviction. Also constantly trying to add value to property as quickly and easily as possible.

Expensive housing is in general bad for the economy because it draws wealth from the general population into a minority of holders causing major wealth disparity. It reduces the buying power of the overall population and slows down the industries and supply chains which rely on them.

Somebody who spends the majority of their cash on house payments or rent has not much left over to spend on goods and services.
This has the run on effect of jobs related to goods and services (basically everything important) getting put under pressure.

Expensive daily costs cause a required increase in wages, which causes certain industries to become too expensive to run and get pushed offshore, removing jobs.

Most of the time law is on the side of the renter because they are very easily and constantly exploited and it is understood that the price of rent is very high which is gouging the population. It is very difficult to lodge a case against a renter unless they cause permanent or deliberate damage.

Most landlords don't see tenants as people, just money-machines. Like how an abbitor sees animals as food, not a living being.

>> No.54374609
File: 103 KB, 1200x742, w6wwr115nxb11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>landlord profits off the land
Bad, parasitical to society
>landlord profits off a building that provides shelter or productive use
Good, useful to society

>> No.54374687

>>54372701
i agree, especially stinky jeets everywhere