[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.70 MB, 275x206, sudden realization.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54318497 No.54318497 [Reply] [Original]

I always hear the advice of creating a business, but would it not be better to create a market/platform that other people use and you take a cut of their revenue like Youtube, eBay, Shopify/etc.?
Do you just set up the logistics then market to other people to use your platform for "passive income"?

>> No.54318524
File: 607 KB, 672x508, Screenshot from 2023-03-07 15-00-48.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54318497
ill give you 25,000 dollars for 10 percent but i need a decision now.

>> No.54318538

>>54318497
Business just needs to solve buyers problems for $$$. A market is a chicken or the egg conundrum where you're trying to connect people with a credit card in hand to people who are independently solving problems, neither of which want anything to do with you until you're so mainstream that it's a near zero friction environment with millions of buyers and sellers.

Tough racket to just start doing something today.

>> No.54318619

>>54318538
>A market is a chicken or the egg conundrum where you're trying to connect people with a credit card in hand to people who are independently solving problems, neither of which want anything to do with you until you're so mainstream that it's a near zero friction environment with millions of buyers and sellers.
It seems that is where all the value is at these days with our Oligarchy though. Making Entrepreneurs/Advertisers your customer seems to have some inherit positive value not just monetarily, but I would think, socially as well (at least in the regard of helping people start their own businesses).
Even if it's more difficult, I would assume that just makes it all the more valuable and less vulnerable to competition. Creating a platform that facilitates and encourages business seems to be the best position to be in.