[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 131 KB, 480x640, 14AB1BFC-3B95-403C-89C7-4BDF450CD845.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54280192 No.54280192 [Reply] [Original]

>be me
>gym owner for a decade
>Canada covid lockdowns fucked business
>start construction business
>blessing in disguise
>I’m really good at this shit having big projects and reinvest the majority back into the company buying machines
>0 online presence, fully booked for 3 years

I started a Facebook page for the company recently and I want to attract the higher middle class section as clients. Any advice on how to target the marketing or just general tips will be greatly appreciated

>> No.54280377

>>54280192
make cool timelapse videos of your work

>> No.54280378

Word of mouth probably, if their friends see a nice looking project they want something like that too

Social media might work, maybe even pinterest or some shit to lure in those rich house wifes

>> No.54280455

>>54280192
Huh a thread I can help with.

Get very friendly with home builders. They will be your absolute bread and butter for guaranteed line of work

>> No.54280469

>>54280455
I dont think he has problems finding work, he wants to tap into richer clients

Get friendly with high class home builders i guess, maybe start playing golf lol

>> No.54280511
File: 1.78 MB, 498x245, 1668914491046177.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54280192
> be me
> 35 wagie who is thinking of starting his own business totally unrelated to his work
> have a healthy cashflow/savings
deviating from the intent of the thread but do you have any advice for me?? Curious how you decided to move to a totally different industry and managed to be successful. My fear and doubt is holding me back from trying.

>> No.54280743

Join your local meetup group for entrepreneurs and side hustlers :)

>> No.54281142

>>54280192
Construction as in landscaping?
I hate myself for not starting a business at some point, been a wagie forever fudding myself out of who hard it would be to go through all the legal paperwork, liability insurance, forms and stuff for setting up a business. How do you even learn this stuff. Any advice?
How’d you go with getting into it - bought up a lot of equipment then hoped it worked, or started with a wheelbarrow and shovel doing small things and worked up, and any prior experience?

Anyway I used to work for a company that did landscaping for bigger and commercial construction projects, and private contracts for government projects. The guy running that got a head start having contacts in town planning.
For private, I’ve also worked labouring for a plumber who had pretty much exclusively rich clients - set up in a wealthy area, naming the business after the area, charging a lot to be exclusive, and having a polished website with pictures of work. But mostly word of mouth.

>> No.54281209

>>54280469
Ah I miscommunicated my point. High class home builders pay the best if he wants to make bank. No need for connections like golf. Just straight up call them and ask if they need any subcontractors.

>> No.54281927

>>54280192
Hire a couple of guys and expand from a one man operation. Get the 3 years of booked gigs done in 1 year. That's when you will start earning the big bucks. Simple as

>> No.54281939

>>54280192
>I started a Facebook page for the company recently

Poor boomers use that site, at least in my country

>> No.54282100

>>54280192
Richfag here.
I would have a cool looking website as a portfolio, after that it's word of mouth.
People who have a lot of money often go through architects who then publish their work into magazines that other richfags look at whenever they want to build something for themselves. At least that's how it happens in Europe, it might be different if you're in some flyover state.

>> No.54282127

>>54280192
word of mouth is the only effective way. advertisements don't help.

>> No.54282168

>>54280377
this, sounds like a go pro and a mount to get it on a tree is your best investment right now
also plenty of before and afters.
get some local college marketing major girl to do your marketing on social media, be sure to fuck her on the side if you arent married

>> No.54282561

>>54280192
>start construction business

out of nothing you gained those skills?

>> No.54282726

>>54280192
Hire a sales person to help do that for you. You’ll meet them at a home show.

>> No.54284121

>>54280192
Your business is limited to location and scale. You can't offer your service on the other side of the country and your time / man power is limited, therefor you are limited in the contracts you can do. What this means is your marketing should be very targeted. Word of mouth is probably going to do better than Facebook ads. Especially when you do good work for higher middle class and up.

So don't worry about your homepage and Facebook ads. Keep it simple and professional looking. Start an Instagram page showing off your work so potential clients can scroll through and see your work. Network with property and real estate agencies to work with eachother (increasing the value of the property). Also with your local government.

>> No.54284496

>>54280511
>>54281142
Good morning anons, I’ve had general construction knowledge from building the gyms we had, some experience, other life skills I’ve acquired working in sales in the past and general entrepreneurial knowledge.

My advice to you is learn on the go, you will fry small fish at first, making very honest living just to get the experience and the reputation, inevitably it will attract more people because of the lower prices. While at the same time bring some shitty clients tell will give you hell.

As messed up as these clients sound, these are the people that will teach you the hard lessons you need to learn to tweak your approach or correct your communication skills to accommodate to the clients you want to deal with. By year 3 I didn’t have a single pain in the ass client.

Other than that, just go for it. When you get into it, even working on your business an hour a day can give you enough momentum to make you visible.

You need to have an immigrant mind set, thinking “I dropped everything I had in my comfort to have a better life, this risk is pale in comparison to that risk”

Hope I gave some answers but if you have a more precise question I’ll be in and out of this thread till it’s dead