[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 242 KB, 556x562, bobo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
54078978 No.54078978 [Reply] [Original]

For all of you idiots with the bull sentiment tonight, as the global economy is about to come tumbling down again, let me try to tell you something that might knock some sense into you

You're dumbfucks, so you don't know this:
PRIOR to the 2008 Bush admin bailouts, TARP, the fed:

1) Bailed out Bear Stearns (yes, before it collapsed again months later)
2) Gave JP Morgan 28 billion to give to Bear Stearns to help bail them out
3) Did a whole bunch of other stuff I can't list it all

Now on top of that, the FDIC took control of IndyMac the summer before the collapse. As well as congress taking more control of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

The point is, you and everyone who is making the market pump right now is stupid as fuck not to be able to understand the context of history here and how utterly irrational all of your optimism on the literal eve of destruction is. You are all very stupid

Point is, you don't understand what a "bailout" is really. The 2008 bailout by the Bush administration was a wholly different process than what's happening now. What's happening now is akin to all of the stupid shit the govt tried to do to keep it's private sector afloat in the run up to 2008. Same mistakes being repeated and investors are just as dumb once more

You're thinking "Oh, this is just like when they did the congressional bailouts (TARP) in 2008" nope. We're not even close to that point in this wreckage yet.

I was in college and was early on in my academics studying economics when all of this happened. I didn't understand a lot of it then but I still sort of remember it happening first hand.

>> No.54079015
File: 80 KB, 1000x1024, a4556542.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Don't care what happens. I never sell in a bear market, but I always buy lower.

>> No.54079041

>>54079015
Based. Just keep buying. Selling is gay because you have to pay taxes to the IRS. Everything always goes back up after a couple years at most.

>> No.54079066
File: 39 KB, 500x500, FPnUgHAXIAUmc0P.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>54078978
We really needed a good ol Panic to really show how weak minded the Street and the banking sector is.

>> No.54079135

This bailout is way bigger though, we're in the pos-COIVD era where big government solves all of the world problems (even the ones they cause). The backstop of the entire banking industry is unprecedented, that means that every dollar that gets put in a bank is guaranteed to be paid back even if the bank leverages it 100x on loans. It's a new paradigm, unprecedented.

>> No.54079819

>>54079135
Completely false information. It's a massively smaller "bailout" that doesn't even begin to measure up with the bailouts from 2008, despite the fact that our problems are now even worse. What are you fucking retarded? How could even make a statement that fucking stupid