[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 22 KB, 1024x683, Flag_of_Europe.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53942270 No.53942270 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else feel like its an uphill battle to make it in Europe?

>need to go to high school with children of oligarchs and their servants
>business school with same circle of people
>get first decently paying job through nepotism rather than merit
>start a company and jumpstart business through nepotism and getting favourable contracts no matter how shit your business is
>sell company to conglomerate for a gazillion euros whose approval is based on their assessment of your class rather than the value of the company
>aggressively exclude anyone who hasn't done the circuit above
>result: wealth trickles down into a very closed circle

Europe is IMO worse than America in oligarchical tendencies. Seems like the only way to make it here is through tech/crypto but even then you better be able to bootstrap because from what I can tell most VC funding nowadays is going to people who have done the above circuit.

I'm kinda part of this "club" of people but not entirely part of it so I have some insight and "privileges", but at the same time I feel completely fucking jaded because it's essentially impossible to get a business off the ground here without knowing the right people (and this completely ignores the taxation issue).

Anyone else feel similar and have any thoughts to share?

>> No.53942292

>>53942270
I work with a bunch of Britoids. They speak in received pronunciation and wear faggy sweaters every day so I know they come from that upper class group

>> No.53942312

>>53942270
I currently make above $250k USD a year doing crypto development and I'm completely self-taught, meaning no fancy university or anything like that. Although I'm expanding my business and trying to make connections in the capital city of my country, it seems like literally no one who is anybody respects you unless you have ticked off the right class markers. Thankfully I do operate in a way that makes people think I'm part of the "club", but I'm really not, and this fucking charade is driving me nuts and it seems like no one else is pointing out how ridiculous it is.

I'm very good at camouflaging myself in these environments but the lack of degree and some other "tells" is seriously something that people put a huge weight on here for some inexplicable reason. I've even heard from the grapevine from wagies on like $50k a year (but at the same time act as gatekeepers for A LOT of money) claiming that the income I'm earning is not fair and that it's an anomaly that should not be allowed to happen, and these are supposedly serious people from business schools.

>> No.53942323

>>53942292
>They speak in received pronunciation and wear faggy sweaters every day so I know they come from that upper class group

The fact you described their sweaters with "faggy" is exactly what I'm talking about. The class resentment on this continent is fucking unreal and is seriously holding back a lot of talented people. I'd leave if I could but despite these issues I think a lot of the benefits outweigh the downsides as I think your quality of life here is very high if you make good money compared to the US or the UAE.

>> No.53942381

>>53942292
No venture capital, EU being faggy, high taxes, not really all or nothing mentality, borders cultures languages rules are different in every country, nobody works because they are on paid vacations holidays maternity leave sick days whatever else
Estonia might be good but it's a post soviet 2mil people Baltic country infested by Russians
Swedes somehow make it work
Germans do have their own special little banks for businesses, helps Mittelschaft to succeed
Friend in Germany is starting a business, has investors but his dad built his company for decades and got contacts for the guy

>> No.53942526 [DELETED] 
File: 145 KB, 512x512, redrabbit0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love Red Rabbit token.. All the drama, the memes, the community surrounding it, it's really something. But what I love most about it is knowing that in couple years I will be a billionaire. It's not even a 99% chance, it is quite literally guaranteed. As a result of that knowledge, I stopped showering and brushing my teeth over a year ago. There is simply no reason for me to do it when I know I'll be rich. I will be fucking whores every night and laughing as they're throwing up from my disgusting, stinky body and mouth. As they kiss me on my rotten teeth, or suck my stinky, 2 year unwashed hog. It will be quite something. In fact I am already seeing effects of my stinky adventure. Yesterday I went to a shop to buy some cheese and make a stop at McD's for a big mac and the cashier at the store was visibly gagging at the smell of me and trying to hide it. Other customers were standing like 5 meters behind me. It was truly hilarious. And none of them have any idea of my guaranteed, future riches. They must already be so jealous of me. The stinkiest billionaire ever.

>> No.53942740 [DELETED] 
File: 169 KB, 419x543, redrabbit1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Red Rabbit token. Its future applications are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of computing and economics most of its possible functions will go over a typical investor’s head. There’s also Sitoshis’s free market outlook, which is deftly woven into his creation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Robert Malthus, for instance.The shills understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this coin, to realise that it is not just speculation - it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Red Rabbit token truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the brilliance in Jacobs’s brilliant programming method. Blockchain, which itself is a cryptic reference to Haber and Stornetta's Merkle trees. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as our lord and savior's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Red Rabbit token tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>> No.53942930 [DELETED] 
File: 62 KB, 528x216, redrabbit15.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like to creep around my home and act like a red rabbit I don’t know why but I just enjoy doing this. Maybe it’s my way of dealing with stress or something but I just do it about once every week. Generally I’ll carry around a sack and creep around in a sort of crouch-hopping position making nibbling noises, then I’ll walk around my house and pick up various different 'trinkets' and put them in my bag while saying stuff like 'i am financially hippity hopped' and laughing maniacally in my bugs bunny voice ('trinkets' can include anything from shit I find on the ground to cutlery or other utensils). The other day I was talking with my neighbours and they mentioned hearing weird noises like what I wrote about and I was just internally screaming the entire conversation. I’m 99% sure they don’t know it’s me but god that 1% chance is seriously weighing on my mind.

>> No.53942941

>>53942270
Just buy xrp and wait, euro bro