[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 183 KB, 420x420, 46fd2532d909221084c06dfe82a4712f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53876283 No.53876283 [Reply] [Original]

I've applied to like 100 jobs and havent heard a single thing back

>> No.53876454

>>53876283
Went through the same grind. At some point I realized most jobs weren’t actually real. I heard back about equally from people that the jobs were filled or no longer existed as I did from people willing to interview me and half of the interviews the people told me the job had been filled but they wanted to learn more about me to see if I could fit another role.

Odds wise I figured most jobs that don’t exist the recruiter isn’t going to waste time getting back to you, probably by a magnitude of at least 10x.

I got 9 interviews from over 150 applications and I think 6-8 “this job doesn’t exist” messages, so figure minimum half the jobs I applied to weren’t real.

They don’t care about you, anon. And they are too fucking lazy to pull job ads.

In the end I got a decent job paying ~$200k at a total shit show company. It was between that or a similar salary but I would have had to move to middle America and go into the office. Each interview I had was minimum 5 steps. I only got the 2 offers.

Good luck, anon.

>> No.53877617

>>53876454
Can you explain exactly what happened?
> filled but they wanted to learn more about me to see if I could fit another role.
like did this go anywhere?

Also what do you do? I'm assuming software engineering i guess cause thats basically the only wfh job really that pays that much

i need a job

>> No.53877845

>>53877617
No those did not go anywhere, those recruiters were wasting my time because they had nothing better to do and need to appear to be working is my best guess.

I am in senior management, not an engineer. When I was applying to shit I came here to complain just like you and was met with a bunch of people telling me I was larping because all those jobs are acquired by your network. This might be true, I don’t know, but I am a fucking antisocial and the small handful of people I kept in touch with were all at companies they hated so I had no interesting prospects that way. I had not paid any attention to my LinkedIn because I hate all that shit, and it hurt me a lot obviously.

The biggest change I made was I made like 9 different resumes to cater to the exact roles I was applying to. I found recruiters don’t read resumes at all, literally none of them could tell me anything about my experience. They were all looking to see if your title history matched the title of the job they posted.

Just keep applying, it’s a numbers game.