[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 229 KB, 612x612, 1a8cbd4cbda311e28e1522000a1f9a99_7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
538242 No.538242 [Reply] [Original]

just got a part time job, working 4 days a week, how do i stop being a huge bitch about it? i gotta wake up at 7 am shit sucks

>> No.538246

>how do I stop being a huge bitch about it
Just stop. The question is the answer.

>> No.538251

here let me tell you about my normal day

>wake up 4am
>go grab breakfast at an all night diner
>drive to work and get there around 530-545
>do paperwork and plan out some of the days tasks and oddities that might snafu me from the day before in the truck
>work 6:30 to 330 usually sometimes more
>Hit the gym on my way home
>Get a phone call from work about a third of the time I go to the gym.. ruins workout
>finally get home around 6p
>just enough time to make a dinner and sit down on the computer for a few minutes before prepping for the next day.
>go to bed and then wake up in the middle of the night realizing I forgot to do something
>I have a note pad next to my bed so I can write down whatever it is that is keeping me up at night and that lets me go back to sleep.

>> No.538255

>wake up 4:45am
>at work by 6:30am
>leave 2:30am

>> No.538260

>>538255
>leave 2:30am
>wake up 4:45am
Not possible.

>> No.538264

>wake up 630
>1 hr drive to work
>end work 630
>drive home
>dinner 8-9
>lift 9-1030
>study code 1030-1230
>sleep

i study lots of code on the weekends. need to escape my 45k salary

>> No.538335

>>538255
Unless those are the standard hours for your job, it's typically a pretty shitty thing to come in really early and leave early as well. A half hour or so is okay, but everybody notices when that guy is never there after 3pm when everyone else is there until 4:30 or 5. It looks bad even when you're putting in the same number of hours.

Anyway OP, it's something everyone struggles with as they're coming out of a rut of unemployment. Stick it out for a few weeks and you realize it's not that bad. Your routine adjusts and you realize that you don't really miss most of the stuff you were wasting your time on when you had a day to yourself.

>> No.538340

>>538264
All that for 45k? Depressing as fuck.

>wake 7:15
>5 minute drive to work, get there 8
>work till 5 or so, get back by 5:15-5:30 depending on errands/grocery shopping
>5:30-11:30 do fuck all
>$50k salary, rent a smidge under $500/month for my own 1-bed apartment.

>> No.538369

>>538340
It may be depressing but fuck it all.

Collect money - live small and simple. Be richer later in life and do whatever you want...

>> No.538380
File: 36 KB, 451x533, 1406019932052.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>used to work night shifts 2 years ago
>body still hasn't adjusted to a normal sleep schedule

>> No.538390

>>538242
you'll stop being a bitch when you get hungry enough. literally and/or figuratively.

>> No.538877
File: 17 KB, 307x322, 1403485075616.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>538242
be happy you have a job shithead, there are people who wake up at 5am to look for jobs.

>> No.539161

Britfag perspective here.

>Wake up 8-8.30
>half hour drive to work
>8 hours at work
>home by 6.30
>cook, internet, see friends
>bed by 1am

It's been fine to get a mortgage but time for a change now. Gotta get gud at something.

I need to enjoy my work though to put more time into it. Just saving for the future by working away my youth feels like a waste of prime life.

>> No.539195

>>538251
What time do you go to bed?

>> No.539230

Sometimes I have to wake up at 3 am for my 4 am shift. Be thankful you have a check and hone your dissatisfaction into acquiring a better job with good hours. That's what I'm doing.

>> No.539250

>>539195
sadly I am in bed around 8 and read until 830-9 if the book is good... shit sucks sometimes

>> No.539257

>>538242
>wake up at 2:45
>leave home at 3
>Get to work at 4
>Leave work between 4 and 7
>Go to gym if left early
>Go home and arrive at 8 something if not
>Sleep immediatly

>Rinse
>Repeat

This isn't my current life but it will be once i get the job as a bulk merchandiser for a beer distributor. Thanks to my shitty dad I now have to live an hour away from work for the time being as opposed to 30 mins away.

It's the difficulty in getting 8 hours of sleep for muscle growth to happen enough in the two days between the gym that's gonna be a bummer.

I was originally gonna mooch of my parents and save the bulk of my earnings(Between 600 and 900 a week depending on how many overtime hours i rack up) but now it looks like im gonna have to live a little less frugal in order to sustain myself with my GF. The distance sucks right now though, but rent is free and once it's not it should be super cheap.

>> No.539259

>>538340
>>538369
Yea bro you've got it pretty good and you get good sleep, it'll keep you nice and healthy in the long run.

>> No.539261

>>539161
>Just saving for the future by working away my youth feels like a waste of prime life.

So much fucking this. I'm not saying we should party all night or some dumb shit but this time, all time is unique, we should put more value into it and be less wasteful, specially the time when we are at our prime.

>> No.539267

>work 1 day, rest 3.
>typical work day follows:
>wake up 7:30, already at work place (sleep there)
>get dressed, eat breakfeast, etc.
>8:00 begin shift
>work till 11:30-ish
>take 1 hour lunch break
>work till 20:00
>go home and spend the next 3 days doing nothing
>on the last day, go to sleep at work so I can save myself the time from the trip and sleep a little more

All of that for what would be around 60k in USD.

>> No.539298

>process pipe fitter/welder
>wake up at 4am
>12 hour shift
>go to bed at 9pm
>9 days on
>5 days off
>on the road
>about 75k/yr ($20/hr + per diem) now

I'll even go to the gym after work if I can. Just make sleep a priority. Pretty nice gig if you've got the work ethic and don't fall into traps like drugs or getting girls pregnant

>> No.539321
File: 58 KB, 350x240, 208534.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>539267
Jelly as fuck, what do you do anon?

>> No.539368

>>539321

Military Police in Brazil.

I know it sounds shitty, but it's a good job if you're an officer. I work in the base 80% of the time and when I go out, I usually stay in the rear, commanding.
Hell, I'd go as far as saying that being a soldier is not that horrible. The hours are long, it's moderately dangerous and the pay is shitty, sure, but it's a good way to pay for college and become an officer. That's what I did, at least.

>> No.539375

>>538877
How is it possible to not get a job after putting in that much effort? Do you have prison tattoos all over your arms and face?

I constantly see highschool kids and autists working in fastfood. Are they more qualified than you anon?

>> No.539376

Up at 9
35 min Commute
Work 10-3 w/Hour for Lunch
40 Min Home
Home by 5 Spend night with Baby and Wife
9pm Baby in bed
Sexytime till 1
Rinse Repeat
Making 30k Own house 2 new(ish) cars Single income house. (Startup so took a 50% paycut)

>> No.539377

>>539368
My father in law was police militar in Sao Paulo and my sister in law is now. it is one of the best jobs you can get in Brazil. What state are you in?

>> No.539383

>>539377

Rio Grande do Sul.

Of course, I imagine it's a bit harder being PM in São Paulo, but I agree with you, it's one of the best jobs out here.

>> No.539384

>>538242
>wake up at 5 AM
>shower and cook breakfast
>leave for work at 6
>get to work at 7:30
>work until 4:30
>sit in traffic for another hour and a half
>get home at 6
>cook lunch for the following day
>girlfriend usually calls and bitches for an hour about how she's failing her exams when she could spend this time studying for them
>spend hours researching a nice car that will hopefully make me not hate my drive
>realize I'll flake out and that 3 hours per day in a Lexus is still 3 hours driving
>start to hate my life knowing my mom can't afford the house if I move out and stop paying her $500 a month for rent
>go to bed at 10 loathing myself

>> No.539399

>>539383
My wife actually applied to work in direto, (law) for the state, but knocked back the job to come and live with me in Aus. It was a pretty hard decision, the only reason we didn't take it is there isn't much oppertunity for me over there, as someone with limited portugese.

on my next trip over there I want to go south to Rio Grande do Sul and Urguay. Do you drink terere or chimaro? I love the stuff, but it is hard to get over here. only Argentinian mate.

>> No.539405

Started a new job on October 1st. I get up at 7:10am and work until 4:30pm with an hour lunch. Go home, relax a little, eat and study for the CPA exam.

I had like 2yrs without working. How do you people stand this working shit? I feel that my life is being wasted away.

>> No.539409

>>539405
Get up at 5:45AM, work 7 AM till 7 PM, 7 days a week, then have 7 days off. I used to work mixed shifts (3 days 4 nights 3 off, 7 days 7 off 7 nights 7 off, 4 on 4 off, and 9 on 5 off) but 7 and 7 days only is the best. Sucks while your working but every second week off is good.

>> No.539412

>>539399

>My wife actually applied to work in direto

Yeah, the market is tough. If she actually got the job, she must be pretty good. And must have been a really hard decision to leave, too. And yeah, not much oportunity for a foreigner around here, unless you're into certain specific fields (mainly engineering).

>I want to go south to Rio Grande do Sul and Urguay

If you come to Rio Grande do Sul, don't bother with Porto Alegre - the capital. It's where I live, and I wouldn't recommend it. The interior is beautiful, however. Uruguay is awsome. Great people, great food, loads of things to do. Also, if you like to smoke weed, it's legal there.

>Do you drink terere or chimaro?

Chimarrão. Every day.

>> No.539430

>>539384
>realize I'll flake out and that 3 hours per day in a Lexus is still 3 hours driving

Why a lexus, I thought you meant something fun to drive like a miata, an rx7/8, a porsche boxster or cayman.

It's not that lexus cars aren't sporty or fun per say, Im just legitimately curious. I assume you meant a more comfortable ride not a funner one.

>> No.539436

>>539405
It can feel like it's wasting away much of the time but working yields you resources, power, plain and simple. Resources are enablers, they allow you to do, normally what you likely wouldn't be able to do without them or without someone with such power helping you. So to meet certain standards most of us don't have a choice but to work.

>> No.539448

>>539430
>I assume you meant a more comfortable ride not a funner one.
Nail on the head. Want an ES, but can't justify 600+ per month if the comfort doesn't make up for the shitty drive.

>> No.539474

>>539436
>yields you resources
I don't care about that. I just want to sit at home and play vidya.

>> No.539478

>>539448
3 hour round-trip commute is peasant grade.

Look, your mom can figure something out. You need to move closer to work. You're wasting 700 hours a year driving, in a car. Higher risk of accident, death, etc. Must be over $300/month on gas.

And there's no such thing as a car that's "fun" to drive in a straight line for 15 hours a week. I'd personally prefer driving less than half an hour a day, and having a couple hours at an autocross event every weekend. No, can't find autocross stuff so frequent.. but I wish. 4 or 5 good laps is an order of magnitude more fun than any amount of menial street commuting.

Anyway, you need to put yourself first. You're not living the "welfare for mom" life. That's your mom's job. She's how old, still hasn't figured out her finances?

>> No.539482

>>539474

>I don't care about that

Doesn't matter if you don't care, it's still how it works whether you care or are aware of it or not.

>I just want to sit at home and play vidya.

Be neet i.e:

>or without someone with such power helping you

By being neet you're literally relying on those who have the resources you depend on to live a neet lifestyle.

>> No.539486

>>539482
No, I'm just saying my goal is to stop working and play vidya. I am working to achieve that goal now. I think I can get there in about 8years at 40yo.

>> No.539493

>>539486
I love vidya too. But i don't wanna go full neckbeard because I was that before i became employed. 24 hours a day of free time, but at the same time i felt like so much potential was being wasted, places i could be at, people i could have known, things i could be doing and, what was left of my youth disappearing.

I think what's important is balance, your own personal balance, and I will seek this to see if that truly yields a satisfying life.

>> No.539499

>>539493
>truly yields a satisfying life.
I don't see that as feasible. I will never get what I want. So I think the vidya is a good follow up goal and achievable.

>> No.539502

>>539499
Perhaps, but remember everything has a tradeoff. Once you attain that life you will be missing out on many things, maybe some you have right now. This may become more apparent once you do fully achieve your vidya heavy lifestyle. Just something to ponder.

>> No.539504

>>538242
>working 4 days
Be greatful for the extra days off. Most jobs require you to work 5 full days, which often becomes 6.

>> No.539806

>>539486
>>539436
From someone who has done both the NEET and full time work I can say you always feel like you're wasting your life

>> No.540081

I'm busting my arse doing warehouse work so I can save up for college to study Aeronautical Engineering studies

>> No.540091

Haha shit this victim mentality here cracks me up. A competition of "who has the worst life" is a ridiculous shitfest as it can get.
Listen here OP, you gotta stick through it. Doing ANYTHING without an ideal behind it is tedious. My part time job is in a political party. Besides my normal ~40 hour schedule I sometimes find myself working another 40 hours in the office. If you are backed by an ideal, by some higher virtue, you can go way beyond. This is the only way to work longer than possible, work harder than possible.
And last: Don't fall into negative "motivation". Seeing how you have it better than the losers here in this thread won't give you a god damn thing.
So go get out there and find your ideal. And if your job doesn't offer that - use that job to create the environment in which you can chase your ideal. Nothing is set in stone.

>> No.540093

>>539486
And be even more of a neckbeard permavirgin?

Sure you might think you "beat" society by not having to work but who really won when all you do is stare at a computer screen while people are having fun with vacations, meeting and interacting with people?

I mean sure videogames are fun but they do nothing really. You could spend 50 years playing videogames and you wouldn't get better at a single damn thing except specific games that would probably not be played anymore by then. Where as even if you studied a subject for an hour every day for 10 years while drunk you would be quite knowledgeable in it.