[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 214 KB, 507x493, 9532302E-075D-4D10-8657-23D6F102D4C0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53770821 No.53770821 [Reply] [Original]

I know a lot of you are socially isolated NEETs, but the last few years were unbelievable in terms of wage growth in a few select fields. People in finance and tech were literally 2-3x as much as they were in pre 2020 times, and what a lot of people don’t realize was that inflation was already showing signs of boiling over in 2019 before COVID hit. Salaries really started skyrocketing in 2019.

It’s not a coincidence that house prices are basically 800k minimum in high cost of living places, the wages there are literally skyrocketing. I don’t think this inflationary surge can end with layoffs of a lot of these people. So many fucking dimwits got pushed into the 160k+ range because of the last 3 years. If you’re a Midwest or southern anon this might seem like bulls hit but it’s not, money was literally flying around.

>> No.53771145

In Australia housing prices have doubled, cost of living have increased, wages have not adjusted for inflation so they have actually gone backwards

>> No.53771169

>>53770821
you saying it's time to rip that 08 bandaid off and place a new one on?

>> No.53771202

Of course, it's a shame that we missed it. I still see a lot of retards talking about business like they're hot shit but they're retards and were just well positioned by jumping into [current thing]. That doesn't really matter though because long term the market is efficient. Meaning that the same way the dot com bubble crashed, this new asset bubble with ads, shitty products, etc. will die out. Of course some companies like Tesla for example will still succeed because well, cars are needed, even though I don't like the faggy Musk. But his dickriders and the flashy stuff they buy, cars, and this "startup" culture and shit like that will eventually end bad because a lot of products are shit.

You can capitalize on this by investing and accumulating where money is going to rotate into and is lacking because of this. Don't short unless it's well timed, you won't make much compared with buying the stuff that's needed. You just got to make the natural investments. As things get depleted compared to the money supply, you'll need to either make more, or the money supply is going to contract. Hard to know the exact time for this but I'm betting in the making more things camp, because people can't afford homes, meaning any house market crash will bounce, we're in the middle of an inflationary period and for that I'm accumulating commodities and companies. Everything that is energy, minerals and even hard currency like bitcoin or gold. Remember that most of the financial markets is speculation. Meaning that these investing gurus, influencers and their investments can go to zero very quickly if currency problems exist, you just have to capitalize and be mindful that this can take decades to unfold, so buy most in companies that will survive until then

>> No.53771227

>>53771202
In simple terms, we've been building useless shit instead of oil, uranium energy and housing, so naturally, now, we don't have it and things are expensive. Think about this oil was at around this price in 07, the peak was even higher when the money supply was much lower. The path of least resistance is the price mooning to "match" the money supply, and our production be similar and affordability equal the past. That may not happen, but it's likely imo. Also Uranium, metals and so on need to follow the same path.

>> No.53771242

>>53771227
The mechanism is things will tend to get expensive at first. Once people at the bottom can't afford, demand for shitty products decreases (they aren't doing it now because a lot still have money, and they can play pretend and pass the cost to consumer raising prices), they have to drop prices to maximize cost curve, but essentials will also be high, meaning these companies will lost profits in favor of profits in "real" companies. If you are positioned in them, you win

>> No.53771252

And you're right, this has been in motion for a long time, and will still continue even if the war stops. I'm just letting anons know because I hope we will make it but not many don't know what the next thing is and I hope to help

>> No.53771362

Something has to break. You can't just printing money and accumulating it at the top 1-5% of society while everyone else is struggling to fulfill even the bottom row of Maslow's hierarchy. Unfortunately, short of me becoming God, I can't see a painless way to fix this as our leaders continue to be greedy and incompetent. Hard times ahead.

>> No.53772215

>>53770821
All those people just lost their jobs in the past month. Wage growth isn't up at all. My boss talks about this all the time because we are hiring people for less now than in 2016.

>> No.53772234

>>53770821
>People in finance and tech were literally 2-3x as much as they were in pre 2020 times

no they aren't. lmao.

>> No.53772572
File: 438 KB, 1357x608, debtvsavings.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53770821
Wage growth only accounted for a small amount of what we saw over the past few years. And yes those are mostly the positions that are getting layoffs right now. Add to that a lot of the business growth was from low interest rates.

But what you are missing, and I mean a big chunk, is a lot of that wealth effect was from asset price growth, low interest rates, PPP loans, mortgage payment deferrals, student loan deferrals, rent moratoriums, and stimulus money all adding up. Some people qualified for all of the above, mostly in the top earning business owner group. Imagine being middle class, getting a PPP cheque for payroll, your mortgage payments deferred on your house, stimmy cheque, student loans you're paying off for your kids or self, on top of being able to finance that sweet new AirBnB at 3%. Don't forget HELOC and cash out refinance to unlock that equity you just gained thanks to J-Pow. Now do you understand why everyone in the middle class down to the poorest households had new cars, boats, RV's, second homes, $50k+ renovations, extravagant vacations? This was all artificial growth and the cash is running out.

>> No.53772612

>>53770821
do YOU have any idea how much NEETs made in the last few years? it doesnt sound like it if you think 160k is a lot. NEETs made an entire lifetime of working for 160k/yr in the space of a year or two

>> No.53772616

>>53772612
>t. $1235/month SSDI collector

>> No.53772625

>>53772616
cope wagie

>> No.53772677

>>53772625
you can drop the charade. i know that you're poor.

>> No.53772980

>>53771227
can you give more advice on trading oil? what macros are you looking at? what makes you think it won’t get bogged again like in 2020? what if there is another pandemic or some shit that slows money velocity again?

>> No.53772981

>>53770821
Fuck

>> No.53773010
File: 247 KB, 656x681, 1675617250047828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>53770821
in tech 200k is the new 100k

>> No.53773025

>>53772616
this is actually pretty good though. it would be enough to cover all my living expenses and i wouldn't have to work.