[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 68 KB, 591x596, Let-The-Gains-Begin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
53760753 No.53760753 [Reply] [Original]

What does this actually look like?

I've seen posts talking about it, but most of them have five different types of crypto, stocks, and so on. What does a truly diversified portfolio look like, and what's a good amount to get started with?

Couldn't think of a better pic, sorry.

>> No.53760769

More gold.

>> No.53760852

>>53760753
Real estate maybe, physical gold, SP500 ETF, small and mid sized companies ETF, some kind of Chinese big boy like Alibaba for the Chinese market, some yuro oil gas downstream storage company and maybe Allianz for Europe exposure.
Maybe even some commodities that are not in the boom cycle at the moment, like stuff that is cheap. I have no idea what would that be.

If you live in Europe it's not necessary to invest in Europe since you are already up to your neck in the Europe investing with your pension, salary, life and stuff

I suck at investing, I have 86k which would be 91k if I was not down 5k since I got in in May last year. Fucking Intel, 3M are kicking my ass, I'm ok with Google being down a bit.

>> No.53761882

>>53760852
What kind of real estate?

>> No.53762854

>>53761882
Fuck man, that is the hard part
If REIT then stuff with elderly care paid by the retirement funds and the state (guarantees), medical REIT
But fuck if I know for certain

If you have access to actual houses and land you could fiddle that but that is basically a career and I'm jot sure how the prospects are in the next year or two

>> No.53763023
File: 306 KB, 1080x1521, Screenshot_20230218_105258_ETRADE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My portfolio probably isn't super diverse, but let's take a look
>undervalued defense company
>mineral mining
>undervalued big tech stock
>grain just in case everything shits the bed
>some bullshit nat gas (shouldn't have bought)
>shopping district penny stock
>two gambles

Stoplosses on all of these are set for improbable outcomes and ratioed so if ALL of them go off (very unlikely), it's only 10% of my portfolio lost.
I am mixed race, half white half Caribbean.